News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car back

Started by rrockchrger, September 16, 2008, 12:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrockchrger

Hello all. I just got my '70 charger back from the blaster and I have to say I was floored by all the dents and holes that were hiding under the paint!  The floors and trunk had been replaced before I got the car so I didn't think it was that bad but geez..  I will have to replace the trunk gutters, the metal all around the rear lid and the sail panels just to start with.  The lower qtrs and rear valence caps had been previously replace also but they were done badly and will probably have to be redone.  If anyone is interested, I posted some large pics on webshots in the album titled 'bare metal'. 

Anyway, my question is does anyone know what the name of the section that I have circled in red?  Its where the end of the back bumper would rest.  Both sides are totally wasted.  Does anyone know if they repop these?  Thanks in advance, Rob.

http://community.webshots.com/user/pigboy789//

Hemidog

that is part of your quarterpanel.

69*F5*SE

Yeah, that portion belongs to your quarterpanel. If you quarters are ok you could possibly have those areas fabricated and welded in.   :shruggy:

rrockchrger

I see.  They appear to be separated from the qtr skins that were welded on.  I think the previous owner may have cut them from the original qtrs.  But atleast I know how to replace them.  Thanks.

Finn

Just checked out your album, looks like you've got some work ahead of you! Good luck  :cheers:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

NMike

new 1/4's, hood, tailight panel, roof skin, front inners and some fender patches, good as new!

72sechargerman

Looks like time to buy a wire feed :brickwall:

Charger_Fan

The bright side is that most of the damaged areas in the back end are currently being reproduced! :2thumbs: The hood is a different story, but you'll be able to find one. Looks like a good project, overall. :icon_smile_cool:

Are you gonna leave the door handles filled in, or put handles back on?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

rrockchrger

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 20, 2008, 05:03:12 PM
The bright side is that most of the damaged areas in the back end are currently being reproduced! :2thumbs: The hood is a different story, but you'll be able to find one. Looks like a good project, overall. :icon_smile_cool:

Are you gonna leave the door handles filled in, or put handles back on?

I'm going to put the handles back on.  The previous owner was trying to do a resto-mod with air shocks and remote control locks.  But I really want as much of the original car as I can get it with a few exceptions.