News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

painted my dmcl stripe on tonight

Started by onebadmopar, June 18, 2008, 10:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdiesel33

1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

onebadmopar

pics make it look better than it is if ya get up real close you can see tape took some paint away but for now i,ll live with it

69bronzeT5

I see you painted it on with spray paint. :shruggy: What kind of masking tape did you use?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

onebadmopar

its a type of trim black with a slight gloss used fine line  masking tape to tape out stripe then went back  and used regular maskingtape  for rest of it

Khyron

looks good, but you painted it? Thats too permanent for me, mines a sticker.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

RallyeMike

Nice job. Looks like that would be very difficult to tape off straight.

Me likes.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

440AirForce

Looks great!  Are going going to put slots on it?
Whether or not I'm good at English is inimportant!

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69*F5*SE

jdiesel33

Lyric from "High Plains Drifter" by the Beastie boys paying homage to DMCL:

Ballantine quarts with the puzzle on the cap
I couldn't help but notice I was caught in a speed trap
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry on the run from Dirty Harry
Stash the cash in the dash but my gun I did carry
I'm seeing blue and red flashing deep in the night
I got my alibi straight and I pulled over to the right
Cop knocked on my window and said Boy where's the fire
you've got a mailbox on your bumper and a bald front tire
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

THE COLONEL

That looks GREAT!!!  Fantastic car!! :cheers:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

FastbackJon

Cool! What area of the country are you located at? Going to put the vinyl top trim on?
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

onebadmopar

im in alabama  yes we are putting the ansin sprints on it (slots) didint mind it being permanent cause  the paint is  needing some attention so this winter its getting all redone  and then we will put on the decal

JimShine

I applaud you for going with paint. I posted it before, but removed it because I didn't want to hijack your post. I have used decals for the flags on my General Lee for years and am right now wrapping up painting it on my car. There is a level of pride in craftsmanship you feel when they come out looking good in paint. It lasts longer and is easier to touch up as well.

Ghoste

It looks great, can't wait to see it with the slotted wheels.

onebadmopar

did passengers tonight came out flawless learned from mistakes i made last night ..on drivers side wich i can easily fix i cant wait to get the slots on it and eevrything else its still missing but its running driving and we are havin a good ole time with it

hemi-hampton

Where in Alabama, My Parents & Sister live in Huntsville area. LEON. :2thumbs:

onebadmopar

onebadmopar

thanks all for the compliments and colonel ive seen youre car at dukesfest in nashville cple of years back evryone was checking out generals and i like those too but when i walked onto the track and caught that yellow i made a b line to it ... its an awsumm!!! car

THE COLONEL

Quote from: onebadmopar on June 19, 2008, 11:22:14 PM
thanks all for the compliments and colonel ive seen youre car at dukesfest in nashville cple of years back evryone was checking out generals and i like those too but when i walked onto the track and caught that yellow i made a b line to it ... its an awsumm!!! car

Thanks, I appreceiate it.  I think we are both partial to yellow though! :lol: :cheers:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

magnum

Looks killer :drool5:. I would love to have a DMCL Charger, maybe some day :rotz:
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

FastbackJon

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

onebadmopar

hemi-hampton

Would be cool to see it Cruising around in Huntsville. Do you go to car shows in Huntsville? Everyday of the week there is a car show somewhere in Detroit. LEON.

pettyfan43

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 19, 2008, 08:50:36 PM
Where in Alabama, My Parents & Sister live in Huntsville area. LEON. :2thumbs:

I live just a little bit north of Huntsville, nearly in Ardmore, Still in Madison County though.

That thing is TOO COOL by the way.  I sold a set of the slots at the Mopar Show in Huntsville last year. You should get to the club meeting sometime.

Email me if ya want. I will tell ya all about it.

My email is in my profile.

onebadmopar

theers a few around here back home in massachusettes thees alot more for some reason

onebadmopar

cool petty we should meet up at a show sometime i missed the last one at huntsville dragway ive heard of the tennessee valley mopar club

Khyron

Quote from: onebadmopar on June 25, 2008, 09:51:29 PM
theers a few around here back home in massachusettes thees alot more for some reason

DVD release? attention from Main stream media..... a article in Mopar Action? ;)

Car looks great man, have fun with her! and brush up on your movie trivia, you'll be surprised how much attention the car will get at shows.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

Quote from: jdiesel33 on June 19, 2008, 02:21:06 PM
Lyric from "High Plains Drifter" by the Beastie boys paying homage to DMCL:

Ballantine quarts with the puzzle on the cap
I couldn't help but notice I was caught in a speed trap
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry on the run from Dirty Harry
Stash the cash in the dash but my gun I did carry
I'm seeing blue and red flashing deep in the night
I got my alibi straight and I pulled over to the right
Cop knocked on my window and said Boy where's the fire
you've got a mailbox on your bumper and a bald front tire

I didn't know that, damnit, now I have to find that song!

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

kylem4711

at first i thought you said DMC!
i was like sweet, a delorean
1970 dodge charger rt 440 4-speed
1973 plymouth barracuda 4-speed

hemi-hampton

Pettyfan, I drive thru Ardmore about everytime I drive to my Parents. They are in Scottsboro, I'm in Detroit. Only do this about once a year at Christmas time. Isn't there a 1/8 mile track/dragstrip in Ardmore or is that the same as the Huntsvill track? LEON. :scratchchin:

Ghoste

DeLorean?  No offense to DeLorean fans (and owners  ;) ), but I'd way rather have a 69 DMCL tribute Charger.  :drool5:

onebadmopar

the 1/8 mile track is in hutnsville they have been talking about closing it down tho

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

pettyfan43

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 26, 2008, 11:30:04 PM
Pettyfan, I drive thru Ardmore about everytime I drive to my Parents. They are in Scottsboro, I'm in Detroit. Only do this about once a year at Christmas time. Isn't there a 1/8 mile track/dragstrip in Ardmore or is that the same as the Huntsvill track? LEON. :scratchchin:

Yeah that is about 6 miles from me. I am actually about 7 miles from the TN line.

That is where our show is every year.

mally69

69*F5*SE

Khyron

Quote from: Ghoste on June 27, 2008, 09:34:39 AM
DeLorean?  No offense to DeLorean fans (and owners  ;) ), but I'd way rather have a 69 DMCL tribute Charger.  :drool5:

I'll have to think about that one ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

squeakfinder

So Khyron, is it possible to get the name and number of the company that made your stripe's? I would think it might be easier to use a print shop that's allready done it. Thanks Larry.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

FastbackJon

Khyron

Quote from: squeakfinder on June 28, 2008, 12:02:30 PM

So Khyron, is it possible to get the name and number of the company that made your stripe's? I would think it might be easier to use a print shop that's allready done it. Thanks Larry.

sure, let me look it up, i'l sure they kept it on file  :2thumbs:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

pettyfan43

Quote from: onebadmopar on June 27, 2008, 06:38:20 PM
the 1/8 mile track is in hutnsville they have been talking about closing it down tho

I think they got that worked out. ALL the racecars have to use mufflers, with the exception of when they have really big races with Pro Mods and such.

I don't know if they can even DO Funny Cars anymore.

What happened is a bunch of people built houses right near there, Signs EVERYWHERE , then complained about the NOISE!!! The track was there a LONG time before they were.

So the racetrack is the bad guy!!!!!! What a bunch of self righteous morons!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry but if you buy/build a house near a racetrack or airport, then have the audacity to COMPLAIN about the noise, You are a loser of the first order and dumb as a box of hammers to boot!

Ghoste

It is happening to racetracks all over the continent and municipal governments are largely backing the well heeled city folk who have the money to move gov't.  It doesn't stop there, restrictions are also being placed on farmers for noise.  A few weeks back we had an incident here in my agricultural community where some retard stopped a farmers irrigation pump in the night and destroyed the pump through an incorrect shutoff procedure.  When the farmer called the cops they were happy to talk to him because they had been trying to find which farm was the source for the excessive noise.  Before anyone jumps in to defend the poor city boy who moved to the country, let me tell you that you need to be familiar with the area to know that it isn't like the pump was next to the guys house, in fact, it was a couple of miles from the nearest dwelling.  Furthermore, we have the local water utility constantly reminding us about water conservation and to only water your lawn at night and so forth.  I guess that doesn't apply to a farm.
I won't even begin to go into to what I think of the jackasses who move next to a livestock farm and then complain of the smell.  They have successfully closed  a couple of them down here.

hemi-hampton

There was a Farmer in the Detroit Subburbs that sold off some of his land. Developers built house's around his farm, Then the home buyers complained they did not like the smell of the farm & petitioned to close him down. After years of fighting in court I think he finally closed up shop (or farm) I say if you dont like the smell of a farm or noise of racetrack, ect, ect, dont move next to it & why do developers even build near it :-\ LEON.

FastbackJon

One of you guys needs to track down Susan George and/or Peter Fonda and take them for a ride, or let them take you for a ride, or at least get some pictures.

Khyron

Quote from: FastbackJon on June 30, 2008, 02:57:48 AM
One of you guys needs to track down Susan George and/or Peter Fonda and take them for a ride, or let them take you for a ride, or at least get some pictures.

I've been trying, I want them to sign my glove box door  :2thumbs:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

onebadmopar