News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A/C Box Teardown Questions

Started by fatboy, March 19, 2013, 07:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatboy

1969 Charger - I have searched the forum and I know the heater box lines have O-rings on the lines where they meet. I also see that the ferrules have to be removed from the drain lines to remove the evaporator. My question is "How"? I have pulled on the heater lines but they don't want to let go. I don't want to break anything. Also on the ferrules one of them will spin with pliers but the other one won't. I need some help please guys...... :icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question:

Dmichels

The side of the ferrules have a tab that digs into the drain tube when you try to remove them. Try to bend it out a little. They are a bitch to get off. Now off to the heater tubes Try to heat the tubes at the o-rings to soften them up. Don't worry if you burn them you will replace them anyhow.
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

fatboy

Thanks a lot Dave.
I finally got the sucker apart without breaking it thanks to you. I appreciate it!
Lee