News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hurricane Sandy 68 Hemi Charger

Started by moparchris, March 08, 2013, 09:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Quote from: Ghoste on December 19, 2013, 12:28:06 PM
And sadly at auction, that shiny paint is all its going to take to sell it.  The Hemi badge will just determine the amount.

I hope your wrong...because this is bad for our hobby!  All of a sudden the prices of 1968 Hemi Charger's will tank - because people think they saw (a very nicely restored) Charger sell for 50-60K less than it should at a major televised auction.

The car should be pulled. Plain and simple. It's bad all the way around. Bad for the buyer, and bad for our hobby when a Mopar sells "way under the money" as the fat bastard says. :brickwall:

JB400

Quote from: Dino on December 19, 2013, 12:30:33 PM
And sadly at auction, that shiny paint is all its going to take to sell it.  The Hemi badge will just determine the amount.

That and the amount of alcohol consumed by prospective buyers.   :D

So are there any warranties whatsoever with auctioned cars?
Not likely.  Most are as is, where is.  In other words, buyer beware!!!

Dino

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 19, 2013, 01:12:29 PM
Quote from: Dino on December 19, 2013, 12:30:33 PM
And sadly at auction, that shiny paint is all its going to take to sell it.  The Hemi badge will just determine the amount.

That and the amount of alcohol consumed by prospective buyers.   :D

So are there any warranties whatsoever with auctioned cars?
Not likely.  Most are as is, where is.  In other words, buyer beware!!!

That's what I was afraid of.   :rotz:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

A383Wing

Quote from: TUFCAT on December 19, 2013, 12:23:54 PM
The interior was half filled with water...the car needs a complete disassembly and total restoration. Can you imagine what it smells like in there. :eek2: The dash and electrical is going to be a bit of a problem!!

the electrical already was a problem when this car was on ebay..seller stated in auction that some items worked intermittently, and some items not at all

I can see it now...car rolling across the block on TV and smoke starts rolling out from under the hood & dash

TUFCAT

I know all about caveat emptor, but it's never good when a buyer gets f*cked in our hobby...especially on a Mopar!  I'll feel sorry if someone unknowingly buys this P.O.S.  :badidea:

hemigeno

Steve Magnante is on Facebook.  Wonder if someone could let him know the issues with this car (I'm not a Facebook guy myself) and let him do some research before next month's "main event"?  B-J may not want him to bring it up during broadcast discussions before its time slot; but if Mags is the guy I think he is, he'd probably mention it -- especially if the big numbers don't materialize for the car as it goes across the block.

TUFCAT

He might be working for Mecum if he say's anything....  :scratchchin:

1974dodgecharger

carsnguitars

Everytime this car comes up for sale, I still find it hard to believe in todays mass of info on internet that someone would spend that kind of money without doing thier homework on a car.
Heck, if I was looking at a 20k car I would be investigatiing it, not to mention a 100k+ car.
If someone had the money to buy adn they were novice, they could alwasy hire the chassing classic car guy to investigate it!!!

You hate to see anyone get taken in this hobby for any car, but we all know it happens, even on occasion to the well informed.
I know alot of standup people in the hobby but there are the few that ruin the dream for others.

Either way this car will be sold one day or the other, you just hope whoever buys it knows the history and what it will take to own the car.
I think we would all love to own it at the right price!

Ghoste

Believe it or not, a lot of the big money collectors don't spend all day on the internet.  They don't spend much time there at all actually as many of them are busy with work.  Seriously, there are a surprising number of the deep wallet collectors who don't even really know much about their cars at all, they just know what they like.

Cooter

Whatcha wanna bet all that 'rust' has been 'taken care of' by auction time.......
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

Oh no doubt.  I'm sure it had a little tickety boo right after the first round of accusations went by.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Ghoste on December 19, 2013, 04:49:01 PM
Believe it or not, a lot of the big money collectors don't spend all day on the internet.  They don't spend much time there at all actually as many of them are busy with work.  Seriously, there are a surprising number of the deep wallet collectors who don't even really know much about their cars at all, they just know what they like.

What are u trying to say ghoste that all of us here are poor?  :icon_smile_big: :eek2:

Ghoste

No, just the ones I associate with.  :D

Seriously though, there are some well heeled collectors on here but my experiences making that statement are based on my previous occupation and that world.  There are car buyers out there with unfathomable amounts of money and very few of those ones I met saw the cars as much more than garage art.

Old Moparz

I don't remember where I found this link for searching a VIN, but look what comes up.....

https://www.nicb.org/theft_and_fraud_awareness/vincheck

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Baldwinvette77

Make sure to take it to a local garage so that they may inspect the airbag  :2thumbs:

A383Wing

TUFCAT

Looks like they pulled it....or its being sold on the grounds without going through the sale. 

gers1968rt

Thanks for that link, just ran my chargers and everything checked out. Now saved in my favorites.
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 14, 2014, 07:50:56 PM
Looks like they pulled it....or its being sold on the grounds without going through the sale. 

Ouch,

Mytur Binsdirti

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.