News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Roy Orbison and Dukes of Hazzard

Started by charge69, March 05, 2013, 05:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charge69

Tilar

Awesome. I remember when that song came out.  :cheers:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

charge69

Me too !  Guess we are getting to be "old farts" !   Ha ! :2thumbs:

Tilar

Everyone keeps trying to tell me that but I think they're wrong.   :coolgleamA:
Dave  

charge69

Keep thinking that as it helps keeping you "young" but, whatever you do, don't look in the mirror! Ha! :nana:

Tilar

Oh I know... That old fart that is in the bathroom the same time I am every morning is really a sight to see.   :o

I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend "That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!
Dave  

charge69

Like that ! I'm so old I don't go to bars anymore! Just do my drinking at home!  Ummmmmm, single-malt Scotch!

Tilar

Crown and Coke or MGD. But then again anything free is pretty cool too. The only bar I go to anymore is Amvets for the meetings I go to once in a blue moon but other than that it's all at the house.
Dave  

2Gunz

Daisey looks like shes abut half a dink from becoming a groupie.

Cooter

Proud to have grown up in a decade where the Dukes was on TV. Only the true DOH fan could appreciate the impact Bo and Luke had on the world.

Sad, all we have today is watered down, Bullsh*t, Reallity shows. We need another Savior like the Dukes today.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

charge69

I always loved the idea that the General Lee was a Charger and one of the stars of the show. I liked the idea that all the characters were uniquely interesting. The premise that the sheriff was crooked and the moonshiners (or moonshiner's family) were the good guys would probably play well now. Ahhhh Moonshine !!!

I had my Charger a few years before the show was released but it was just "fate" that I ended up with mine as I was really looking for a Roadrunner, preferrebly a 1968. Glad now I got the Charger instead.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Cooter on March 08, 2013, 07:32:30 AM
Proud to have grown up in a decade where the Dukes was on TV. Only the true DOH fan could appreciate the impact Bo and Luke had on the world.

Sad, all we have today is watered down, Bullsh*t, Reallity shows. We need another Savior like the Dukes today.

Even Boss Hog can't believe you said that.

Cooter

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 08, 2013, 12:33:10 PM

Um, being the purist you clearly are, it's Two (2) G's in Hogg.... :D
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

F8-4life

Dont have cable, so today Im rockin some old vcr-recorded dukes episodes. The good tv stays good through time. The dukes still has it.

bill440rt

"Only the true DOH fan could appreciate the impact Bo and Luke had on the world."

Well, technically this IS true.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Fred

Quote from: charge69 on March 05, 2013, 06:22:57 PM
Keep thinking that as it helps keeping you "young" but, whatever you do, don't look in the mirror! Ha! :nana:

Don't look back either..........it might catch up to you. 

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

ACUDANUT

I never understood the dark (blind) glasses here wore. Daisey sure looks mouth watering.

hatersaurusrex

The most impressive part is how he's getting electric guitar sounds, drum sounds, bass sounds, and a piano all from that little flattop guitar.   
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Cooter on March 08, 2013, 12:54:40 PM

it's Two (2) G's in Hogg.... :D

In your own little Dukedom, that just got to be considered blasphemy. Boss Hog is very, very upset..............

Cooter

Remember, Copper is close enough for many to ask you when are you gonna put the "01" and Flag on the roof, and get rid of that "Convertible" top. :slap:

Back N Black

Quote from: Cooter on March 08, 2013, 12:54:40 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 08, 2013, 12:33:10 PM

Um, being the purist you clearly are, it's Two (2) G's in Hogg.... :D

Hey Cooter, you look like George Burns wearing those big old glasses! :nana:

Patronus

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 08, 2013, 06:27:10 PM
I never understood the dark (blind) glasses here wore. Daisey sure looks mouth watering.

Ol Roy wasnt quite the looker. He really hated the bright lights, I think you can tell he was pretty uncomfortable there.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Cooter

Quote from: Back N Black on March 11, 2013, 01:06:26 PM

Hey Cooter, you look like George Burns wearing those big old glasses! :nana:

If I live as long as him, I'll be happy. :2thumbs: