News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who wants to Megasquirt, full sequential fuel/ spark a 68 charger! This Guy!!

Started by redmist, February 24, 2013, 11:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grnfsh

can any of you guys that have gotten that far point me in the manual to where it tells me how to control my cooling fan with MS? i can't find it for the life of me.

redmist

Quote from: grnfsh on March 26, 2016, 05:54:55 PM
can any of you guys that have gotten that far point me in the manual to where it tells me how to control my cooling fan with MS? i can't find it for the life of me.

You bet!!!!

I don't have the part in the manual, however

In Tuner studio under Basic/Load settings you will find "Fan Control."

Now you need an output for it. In my case I used the "Inj B Output" on the MS3 card. This is an output that would normally be used for batch injection if I had only an MS3, but I have an MS3X so I am using the sequential out on the X. This leaves a host of stuff open to use on the MS3 card.

So I chose Inj bank 2!  I use Inj bank 1 for a check engine light.

Next you need to run this output to the low side of a relay. Remember that the MS3-MS3X is a ground switching system! So we are going to hook Inj Bank 2 to the ground side of the relay, and a 12 volt source for the other side. Now hook your high amp output to the relay and run it to your fan. Then setup the fan in Tuner studio!

Mine is setup like this right now:

You can test the fan output with your new setup in the TESTMODES tab of Tuner Studio!

Ryan
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

grnfsh

Ok, I see so you can really use any output that is available in the drop down that isnt already being used in another application? 

redmist

Quote from: grnfsh on March 28, 2016, 08:09:13 AM
Ok, I see so you can really use any output that is available in the drop down that isnt already being used in another application? 

For the most part yes, that's how I understood it.
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

MechTech

So I had a few request for a larger trigger wheel for steel vibration dampers. I have gotten the wheels in and made one bracket for a test fit and have attached a picture of the setup on my motor. I also have material to make the cam sensor bushing I hope to have done this week.

grnfsh

Quote from: redmist on March 26, 2016, 09:39:36 PM
Quote from: grnfsh on March 26, 2016, 05:54:55 PM

You bet!!!!

I don't have the part in the manual, however

In Tuner studio under Basic/Load settings you will find "Fan Control."

Now you need an output for it. In my case I used the "Inj B Output" on the MS3 card. This is an output that would normally be used for batch injection if I had only an MS3, but I have an MS3X so I am using the sequential out on the X. This leaves a host of stuff open to use on the MS3 card.

So I chose Inj bank 2!  I use Inj bank 1 for a check engine light.

Next you need to run this output to the low side of a relay. Remember that the MS3-MS3X is a ground switching system! So we are going to hook Inj Bank 2 to the ground side of the relay, and a 12 volt source for the other side. Now hook your high amp output to the relay and run it to your fan. Then setup the fan in Tuner studio!

Mine is setup like this right now:

You can test the fan output with your new setup in the TESTMODES tab of Tuner Studio!

Ryan

Like this?

Aussiemadonmopars

Just got a message back from SD concepts that the big block kits are ready. Is it really true??   :o

Derwud

Quote from: Aussiemadonmopars on April 05, 2016, 09:25:59 AM
Just got a message back from SD concepts that the big block kits are ready. Is it really true??   :o

Which kits?
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

Aussiemadonmopars

grnfsh

EDIT: Never mind.. sensor was jacked up.

Hey Fellas, Having a TPS calibration issue. It doesnt seem to be reading properly. When I open the tools menu to calibrate TPS it reads 250 on closed and 958 on open. The default gauge says the TPS is open 10%. I verified and it is all the way closed in reality.

When I go to calibrate and click "get current" it goes to 320

When I get current on WOT after manually opening the TB  i get 320 as well.

What gives? any ideas?

Aussiemadonmopars

Photos from SD designs. Kits are ready to go......  :icon_smile_cool:

sdconcepts

I posted this on moparts but i'll drop it here too.  sorry if this is spam but a lot of guys have been waiting....

Derwud

Quote from: sdconcepts on April 08, 2016, 12:59:25 PM
I posted this on moparts but i'll drop it here too.  sorry if this is spam but a lot of guys have been waiting....

So this should or could clamp to any Crank pulley? I have a CVF pulley kit (Sorry, I didn't see your kit before I ordered).
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

Aussiemadonmopars

Just got my order in, one of the first. $425 for CPS bushing and crank sensor kit with shipping to the other side of the world. I love it!!!

sdconcepts

this kit is designed to clamp to a stock pulley.  I can mod the kit to work with most other pulleys but I would have to see the pulley, or you would have to provide very accurate dimensions.

Aussiemadonmopars

Hey Jerry, good to see you on the forum, these should sell very well. A much needed part indeed.

MechTech

As It turns out these wheels fit fine on my motor but I'm using an electric water pump. This wheel does not fit with the factory water pump So I will go back to the drawing board.
Ok I have 5 sets of wheels, sensor bracket and CPS bushings made. (0 sets left) The wheel pilots directly on the Damper and works with any pulley. The wheels are  8 1/4" diameter and are designed to work with steel dampers. (they are larger for the steel damper because I was concerned the hall sensor being magnetic would false trigger on the steel damper)  The sensor brackets are fixed and not intended to be adjustable.
I have wheels also that are 7 1/4" for aluminum dampers with sensor brackets. What I did on my car and the way I made the CPS bushing is I took the original distributor hold down clamp and smashed the tips closer together that actually touched the distributor so that now they touch the jeep CPS. ( The Jeep CPS is smaller in diameter) Then I smashed it at the bend to lengthen it. I will eventually have these made new with this design in mind. Currently the hold down clamp is not included.I've attached pictures. If you are interested send me a PM.

redmist

MechTech,

What kind of spacing changes are seen with the trigger wheel?? I may need one for future plans.

Ryan

MechTech

Hi redmist
The trigger wheel sets the lower pulley out 1/8". There is still 1/16" sticking out of the damper for the lower pulley to pilot on so everything runs true.
Jim

grnfsh

Hey where did you guys mount your O2 Controllers? They seem sort of awkward and I'm trying to figure out what to do with them.

MechTech

I took the heater box out so I have plenty of room under the dash. I made a plate and mounted that under my passenger seat and attached the megasquirt there and ran the cables under the carpet and up under the dash. Something like that might work for you,the wires for the O2 need to come up thru the floor.

grnfsh

ok, i was trying to get them to come up and into the engine compartment, but that makes more sense to me just bringing them up through the floor.

MechTech

It may be there is a hole there already it has a 2" plastic plug in it. I put a hole in that plug and brought it thru that way.