News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How much can a Koala bare?

Started by Fred, February 15, 2013, 09:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Are you spinning me a yarn?  That's Moby Dick youre talking about. I wouldn't get tackled up with him.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Are you crocheting yourself a sweater or a scarf?

Fred

In actual fact I'm knitting myself a toupee. I'm going for blonde and curly. I believe that Rumpelstiltskin is laughing his head.

JB400

What do you get for doing your part? Has he guessed your name yet?

Fred

I get straw turned into spun gold which I'm going to knit into gold bars and then I'll give all my true friends a bar for their birthday.

JB400

Wouldn't it be better to quilt instead?

Fred

Well I don't know how to quilt spun gold but if you do, I'd be happy to take some pointers from you as long as you don't poke holes and let the flies in.

JB400

You don't want any pointers, they hurt too much

Fred

So you expect me to go it alone?  What if wrap myself I cotton wool and you can use fairy floss to poke with?
If you don't help, it will take me the rest of my life to make these gold bars and then it will be too late to spend them.

JB400

Not at all.  If you, me, I, we, and us help, we can get a lot done.  Instead of knittin it into bars, why not sit on a toadstool and spool it?  Will the toads let you borrow one?

Fred

I'm sure if I kiss it I can butter it up enough to get permission but what good's a spool? I've got thousands of metres of the stuff. Besides, gold bullion is worth more than a ball of string.

JB400

Would you rather carry it or rock and roll it?

Fred

The heavier, the more it's worth so I will gladly roll it along.  Imagine how much gold bullion the size of a rock would be worth.

JB400

$1,556 US a troy ounce right now.  How big of chunk of old henry do you want?

Fred

Grab your bed roll and as much of a chunk as you can lug and make haste. I'll meet you up woop, woop where we can decide how best to dispose of it. Don't forget to pack some tucker as it's a bit of a hike. But if you get started right away, you should get there by midnight. Just mind you don't trip over the black spur out the back of Bourke or you could do yourself an injury.
I'll be waiting.

polywideblock

is it  much further past the black stump to the black spur? :scratchchin:  whats all this talk of gold are you going to bendigo?

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Fred

No, we're headed to the Eureka Stockade in Ballarat to do a bit of panning and take the underground mine tour. It's deep and very cool bordering on cold. The only place to get some relief from this heat and then off to spend the night at Kryal Castle to relive the days of old. Then we're catching the old cobb & co to your place where we'll split our ill got bounty three ways. Whadda you say?

polywideblock

the old cob& co will take a l o n g  time to get up this way the horses would be nackered  ;) the old gold mine sounds nice an cool though  last time i paned for gold we still used tin gold pans ( blackened with green gum leaves put on a small  fire and then the pan upside down to put out fire and get black sticky soot from gum leaves on it), worked well that was at  at nundle   nsw  :cheers:

Fred

I'm sure it worked well but did you come away any richer?  Or did you get caught up in the rebellion? A lot of men fell that day. (and I don't mean over a nugget)

polywideblock

if only there was more of that spirit today we might have a diferent flag (and i don't mean red yellow and black)

Fred

Where the hell is stroker? he should have been here by now. I'm anxious to divvy up our bounty.  When I get my hands on that loot, I'll be able to buy a motor for that floating long we call a boat.  Then we can really go places. And the monkeys can kiss their paddles goodbye.

polywideblock

he might have got lost and ended up in port arther dancing with a devil   ;D

Fred

Do you reckon he could stop at one?  He's got to be having a devil of a good time but he'll suffer for it tomorrow. Those things are contagious!

polywideblock

and how ,have to put on the rubber lips for that date ;D

Fred

Well you don't want to be smooching up to them, that's for sure.   :smilielol: