News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW rough 72 challenger - PICS added

Started by Chargen69, January 31, 2013, 06:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargen69

Friend of mine, who is a custom car builder and not afraid of anything, ask me what kind of a deal on a 72-73 challenger he would be getting.

first no pictures, yet

basic details

numbers matching
340, 4 speed
rough (was a car that lived on the east coast near the beach)
complete car with all the trim and such, fenders taken off

they are asking 5,000 for the car.

in the world of challengers is it a no brainer to spend 5k on a "very" rough numbers matching 4 speed?

Cooter

Pics will tell the tale, but most times an E-body with 4-speed and 340 engine should be worth it IMO.

Of course, the only reason I can think of for asking WIW is to flip it, so I don't know if it would be worth it as in money making.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Patronus

If it needs a frame rail ya might think not. If its fer flipping then you best keep talkin him.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Chargen69

his idea of flipping it is to restore it and then sell it, since he has the ability and all the tools to do it

Chargen69

Cooter

My thread is on here somewhere or nuther. but I paid $3K for Three 1972 Challengers. One being a Rallye, One being a RUSTY Piss green, Non A/C car with broken T bar and drum brakes, and the last one being the car i turned into a 1970 Clone, with A/C, and the hood off the rallye car after I sold it.

These deals don't usually come along for me, and even so, it was a friend of the family. Certainly not a 340 $ gear car, but you get the idea. Just because it may look rough, it might actually be worth ti in the end if you want it for the car.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Chargen69

little rougher than i thought rough would be, little more than the fenders taken off, is 5,000 too much for this one?

Alaskan_TA

5K for scrap metal & a few parts is way too much.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on February 01, 2013, 09:45:54 PM
5K for scrap metal & a few parts is way too much.

x2!  If he wants a 72, he can find a complete car that needs a restoration for a tad more that $5k.  :Twocents:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

F8-4life

HOly hell 5k is a steal (for the seller)

BrianShaughnessy

That probably won't buff out.

And it's gonna take a few more barrels of $$$ to fix it up.   Probably more than a 72 will be worth after it's done unless you're a body guy and do it yourself.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

JB400

Only if you need the roof and quarters for a car your restoring and don't want to deal with AMD.  As far as buying it to fix up,  He's tore that one too far apart to deal with.  Getting it right would take more time than finding another car.  When whole subframe assemblies are ripped from the main chassis, walk the other way, unless they're paying you to take it.