News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cragar s/s, tire, offset help

Started by vick79, January 24, 2013, 12:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vick79

Hey all,

Ive got an opportunity to buy Cragar's from the factory at cost thanks to a hookup, but I need some help. I really like the high negative offset (deep dish) look, with wide tires in the back (as wide as possible w/o modifications). Im leaning towards the Cragar 08/61 or 612 S/S. This is the catalog I can pick from:

The cragar 612 can be made with custom offsets, but the sales guy cant give me much advice. Im not sure what size/offset/tire combo will work for a '70 Charger. Id like anyone with experience with this to chime in.

I think this is the 612...

My charger...

'70 Charger RT

Cooter

Cragar S/S mag's are typically like Centerline Satin Auto/Drag wheels from back in the day. That "612" wheel you refer to is a billet wheel in like a 17" version of the older S/S mag in 15" like is on that green Charger.

I don't think you'll find the offset you are looking for in the S/S wheels in 15" mags. You will need to move up to the billet wheel for cutom offsets.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

cdr

15x10 ---5 inch back space with 295-50-15 will work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,5.5 will also work just not as deep.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Indygenerallee

This has nothing to do with the rim discussion but damn, whoever adjusted the door on that green Charger oughta be shot!!  :lol: :smilielol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

stripedelete

Quote from: Indygenerallee on January 24, 2013, 08:36:02 PM
This has nothing to do with the rim discussion but damn, whoever adjusted the door on that green Charger oughta be shot!!  :lol: :smilielol:

Probably the same guy that worked on that roof seam.

Cooter

How do we know that all those little flaws aren't original?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Cooter on January 25, 2013, 05:46:52 AM
How do we know that all those little flaws aren't original?

Cooter nailed it.   It's an unrestored car.

ACUDANUT

I have the SS Cragars with a 4 1/2 inch back spacing.  The only thing I hate is the unilug wheels.... I have to tighten them up every 500 miles.
I love the Classic look and won't give it up.