News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Man with Contract on his head not allowed to store guns in his home

Started by Drache, January 23, 2013, 12:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Actual Police Letter
http://www.votecap.ca/docs/BCGunRights/2ndRCMPletter.pdf

Gotta love Canada....

Ok short version is this:

Man buys and sells Dolphins (the animals) for a living. Some activist puts a CONTRACT out on the guy AND his family. Local police are notified that any call from this man is PRIORITY! Guy hears a sound on his roof. Calls 911 and states he thinks someone is breaking in. Man takes gun out of safe and loads it. Tells the 911 dispatcher that police are taking too long and says he can go outside and deal with the problem. Man also states that he will use the gun to protect his family if it comes to that.

911 dispatcher transfers call to RCMP Officer. Officer tells responding units to STOP AND WAIT a block away until the man unloads the handgun and locks it back up into the safe. Man complies. Police show up and find some drunk University Student couple houses away.

The man gets a call from the RCMP stating that protecting your family with a firearm isn't legal. He must now store ALL his firearms at the local gun range for life. If he fails to comply he will get a life long ban from ever owning firearms.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bull

I wonder if those looking to make good on the contract will be obeying these goofy Canadian gun laws? No? Yea, I thought not.

lisiecki1

Step 1: Take piece of crap non-working throw down gun to range for storage.

Step 2: "Yes, that's all of them and they are all at the range."

Problem solved. :D
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Dino

What's the point of having one of these if you can't protect yourself or your family???  Baffling...

Quote from: lisiecki1 on January 23, 2013, 09:20:21 AM

:yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Drache

Quote from: Dino on January 23, 2013, 11:56:02 AM
What's the point of having one of these if you can't protect yourself or your family???  Baffling...

Quote from: lisiecki1 on January 23, 2013, 09:20:21 AM

:yesnod:

We don't have the same "Castle" laws that people in the US have. We cannot protect our property with force (if someone is stealing your stuff you are only allowed to call the Police, you cannot try to stop the thief). You can only protect your life or the life of your family using the same amount (but the Government prefers less) force than what is being used against you.

Another Canadian man awoke to three masked men throwing Molotov cocktails into his home (one was even thrown at his dog who was tied up outside). The man got a handgun out of his safe, loaded it, and then fired warning shots into the air. The man was charged with multiple things like "dangerous use of a firearm" and "unsafe storage" (Prosecution was trying to prove the handgun wasn't locked up in the safe), "unsafe storage of ammunition" (ammo was on his bedside table), etc.

As for the attackers they openly admitted to knowing the guy was asleep in his home when they started fire bombing it. Two got 2 year sentences for assault, and the last got 4 years (2 for assault and 2 more for wearing a mask in the commission of a crime).

This is how Canada deals with people who try to defend themselves. When you buy a restricted firearm and do the transfer with the Government they will ask you, why are you purchasing this firearm. You have two answers, collecting or target practice. If you say home defense they will refuse the transfer.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Chargen69

man, here in South Carolina, we had a guy shoot a kid in the back after him and his buddies were leaving the SHED that they had robbed.  no charges were ever filed

now i am all for protecting you and yours, but that one surprised me

charge69

I live in Texas and, believe me, I would not have been shooting "UP in the air" to warn someone. They would have found 3 dead perps on my lawn.

Drache

Quote from: charge69 on January 23, 2013, 12:11:16 PM
I live in Texas and, believe me, I would not have been shooting "UP in the air" to warn someone. They would have found 3 dead perps on my lawn.

As much trouble as I could get in for saying this, with me it would be the same thing. I've never once shot to miss on purpose....

Ok maybe once but I was teaching a girl to shoot and wanted to make her feel like she was doing good. Got some that night so it was a decent trade....  :D
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire