News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do you think there's much of a market for the 4-door "almost" muscle cars?

Started by bull, January 22, 2013, 07:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I'm talking like '73 Coronets, '67 Belvaderes, '71 Satellites, etc.? Even station wagons. Do you think there's any demand for these cars? If so what's your reasoning? Why would someone choose to buy a grocery-getter or would-be cop car instead of something like a '71 Cuda or a '68 Charger?

68X426

I approve of them because they are sleepers. They can be made street fast, track fast, and still are sleepers.

So looks aren't everything, right?

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

jaak

Although I will admit, I have seen a couple of 4 doors I wouldn't mind having, for the most part....4 doors = parts cars, for the 2 door versions.

Jason

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Back N Black

I would love to have a 4 door Mopar as a daily driver or a wagon. It just cool driving an old Mopar.

hemi24

Here Pappy Cline car from Wichita it sold for $600,000 4 or 5 years ago at Barrett Jackson the other 4 door Hemi car witch is white sits in Don Garlits museum when Don bought it he paid $13,000 from a friend of mine man if Dave only knew both cars ran the streets of Wichita till the early 1980s the story's i could tell.

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: hemi24 on January 22, 2013, 08:43:30 PM
Here Pappy Cline car from Wichita it sold for $600,000 4 or 5 years ago at Barrett Jackson the other 4 door Hemi car witch is white sits in Don Garlits museum when Don bought it he paid $13,000 from a friend of mine man if Dave only knew both cars ran the streets of Wichita till the early 1980s the story's i could tell.

Do they both have the original drivetrain?   If so, that would be nothing short of amazing.   Hard enough keeping a Hemi in a 2-door.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Mopar Nut

Quote from: hemi24 on January 22, 2013, 08:43:30 PM
I wouldn't mine owning that 4 dr Coronet Hemi car.  :drool5:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

hemi24

yes i know for a fact that both cars have the original drive train in them plus the white car never had the motor out its low mileage when Don Gallits bought from Dave..

1970Moparmann

Certain ones I think are very cool. 

Here is a buds Coronet Wagon 383 original 4 speed ! 

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Paul G

4 door and wagons will never really be high demand cars. They are not sporty or have any real appeal. They were passenger cars, family trucksters. They can be made to look really cool and perform very well. But they will never be high dollar cars. That is just my thinking, which can be way off base sometimes.  :-\
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

The70RT

They don't make as many reproduction parts for them for one and they don't look like muscle. I wouldn't mind cloning an old police car.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

polywideblock

wagons hook up way better than sedans(better weight transfer) that's the only reason to get one that  and theres room for EVEYONE :2thumbs:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Alaskan_TA

I bought a 1970 Coronet 4-door a few years ago just because I wanted to get one before they were all gone.

I appreciate the history of Chrysler including the bread & butter cars. If I had 100K to spend on Mopars, I would buy up original /6 & 318 cars. A c-body convertible would be on the list too with any engine size as well as an Imperial.

I do not need to go fast & I have never cared what any of my cars might someday be worth.

TruckDriver

I think Nascar Junior Johnson has a 4 door Coronet Hemi car too that's all original low miles in his collection. I remember watching a tv show about moonshiners, and he showed the car and said, if I remember right, he actually used that car to run moonshine in it. Been a couple of years since I saw that show.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bull

I also appreciate the history and there's something about these cars that takes you back to simpler times, same sentiment as with the muscle cars but not quite as sexy, I guess.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bull

WHITE AND RED 69

I dig em. Especially that they are a lot cheaper. If I find a 72 coronet I'm picking it up as a cruiser.   :yesnod:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

1974dodgecharger

There was a 4 door, 440, EFI, nicely built coronet up in portland for 15k!!  it was pretty sweet I thought.

http://salem.craigslist.org/cto/3450021596.html

Then there is this wagon coronet down here in Phoenix area the guy wanted 25k 6 to 9 months ago then 20k, then 19k, then I think its down to 18k.

bull

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 23, 2013, 03:44:35 AM
There was a 4 door, 440, EFI, nicely built coronet up in portland for 15k!!  it was pretty sweet I thought.

http://salem.craigslist.org/cto/3450021596.html

I just saw that ad again today. Nice build, as you say, but $15k for a 4 door? Maybe. :shruggy:

Cooter

Quote from: Paul G on January 22, 2013, 10:15:16 PM
4 door and wagons will never really be high demand cars. They are not sporty or have any real appeal.

That WAS the thinking...It would seem Wagons are "Cool" now. I thought the same thing bout Cadillacs, but it would seem folks are getting tired of seeing the "Typical" Musclecar.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

MoParJW

The main reason I bought my 4-door Satellite was because it was only a fraction of the price of a coupe, and it was pretty much rust free.

But I also like the design.
68-70 4-door B-bodys are almost identical to coupes, they have the same curves the coupes have I mean  :P (except for the roof ofcourse)

4-doors will probably never be high dollar cars, but i do see them becoming more popular.
A couple years back you could buy a nice 68-70 4-door for a thousand bucks or so on ebay, lately I haven't seen a nice one go for less than double that.

And ofcourse, the fact that there were a lot of these cars in awesome movies like ''gone in 60 seconds'' also helps  :coolgleamA:
'68 Plymouth Satellite sedan 318

Ghoste

Wagons have always had a following, just look at the Nomad crowd or the surfers.  The other ones are good daily drivers and cool to see from a nostalgic view but they will never have the hardcore sex appeal of a two door.  Sorry Euro sedan style fans but as much as they may like them now, the older ones were purchased by old married guys with families.  How many original muscle car owner stories end with "but then I got married and as soon as we had a kid we traded in my _______ for a four door."?  The two doors were the cars for the bachelors and the romance of that lifestyle drives their higher value today.

Robert96

I have a 96 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon LTD. It's loaded and runs like a bat out of hell!!!  Wagons are cool.