News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New rifle just arrived!

Started by Drache, January 22, 2013, 05:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

i got my 870 tact from wally world, 12 gauge, no pistol grip, 18.5 barrel, i like it
almost bought an AR last summer when the zombies were coming, now i wish i had :brickwall: :brickwall:
we got a sw9ve for the wife, one of the few guns she could reach the trigger on and i could still wrap my hand around it, she shoots it better than i do :scratchchin: :scratchchin:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

twodko

I've put in my order for a Remington 1100 Tac. Best bang for the buck....pun intended. Currently "out of stock" due to the BS gun hysteria but the sales price will be honored. Now for a hand gun......

The powers that be on both state and federal levels have to look like they're really going to put the hammer down on "gun control". The fact is any harshly restrictive new gun/ammo laws just won't fly. A lot of hot air will be blown this way and that but smarter, more realistic,  less knee jerk minds will prevail.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

mauve66

they won't ask for your opinion, they will just do it and you have to live with it.
just like radar detectors in trucks, they didn't ask for a vote they just outlawed them
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

twodko

I'm not stressing over all the hysteria. The only thing that torques me is the prices and unavailability of products. Prime opportunity for dealers/shops to gouge us.......and they are! :icon_smile_angry:

charge69

Just hang in there a while and the supply chain will catch up and prices should come back down to pre-Sandy Hook levels or much nearer to them than now. I am sure you know "patience is your friend".

twodko

Finn

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on February 08, 2013, 08:00:16 PM
also got disqualified from the lovely LAPD because of it too....

Are you serious? What was their reasoning? Was it a pre-ban?
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

stripedelete

Right now you have to wonder how much of the ammunition shortage is being caused by speculators.

This will die down and prices will come back to earth.     

twodko

Quote from: stripedelete on February 13, 2013, 08:06:00 PM
Right now you have to wonder how much of the ammunition shortage is being caused by speculators.

Yessir, if there's a way to gouge the consumer some jack wagon will be knifing us.

redmist

Quote from: twodko on February 13, 2013, 08:19:14 PM
Quote from: stripedelete on February 13, 2013, 08:06:00 PM

Yessir, if there's a way to gouge the consumer some jack wagon will be knifing us.

I believe what you are referring to is called Supply and Demand.

Gouging is a term used by people who don't have enough money to pay the demand rate on a persons asking price based on limited supply.   :2thumbs:
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

vancamp

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 08, 2013, 03:20:40 PM
Quote from: twodko on February 07, 2013, 06:25:58 PM
Quote from: redmist on January 28, 2013, 12:01:12 AM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 27, 2013, 11:48:59 PM
Look closely.  This has a extra hole that adds a selector to automatic.

Pinned sear block, pin is to large for FA parts.

Like this:

I bought my first ar-15 in 85. (still have it) it did not have that extra piece in the lower. either way, it cannot ever be made to an auto, which is fine by me. Don't want or need it.
That semi auto shotgun would feel better if it had a buffer spring to take most of the recoil out.

I've never seen a pinned sear block like that either. I bought my Colt A2 in 1984 and it doesn't have one.  :shruggy:
the colts with the sear block were done around the time of the 94 ban and their are a couple different variations of it the hole is not in the right location and right size to add the full auto parts, if you take that era colt apart you will see the bolt is built a bit different as well so it can clear the block.

ACUDANUT

Yes, this is alot of metal to remove, Different bolt and the different sear, with selector switch and two holes to drill.  Last time I saw a legal one it was 10 Grand.