News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

B5 Superbird on Ebay

Started by tan top, January 22, 2013, 05:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

blue  six barrel white bucket seat and a manual tranny   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

questionable  Motor numbers   ?    :shruggy:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

benny70hemibird

I believe that may the Dub Clenney Superbird?

rnjump

I bet that is Dub's car. Larry would know for sure. Nice solid car. It is a twin to mine except mine is a c16.

rob-dirt

:o i thought was your car REX - LOL - the Blue is Growing on me  :2thumbs:

WINGIN IT

Yeah, that's Dub's car.
Was trying to work out a deal for that car when it was in Larry's shop.
After Larry got done with it last year, it looked so good, Dub kept it.  :'(

It's my perfect combo for a Superbird , but since Dub decided to keep it, I ended up finding the Daytona, which ironically is at Larry's getting restored.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: rob-dirt on January 22, 2013, 08:17:11 PM
:o i thought was your car REX - LOL - the Blue is Growing on me  :2thumbs:

First picture, I thought the same. :o

Man I love B5 in a Bird.  :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

Since I'm going to keep my Bird until my grave, maybe B5 is in my future....
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

benny70hemibird

That was my car. I purchased it from the original owner back in 1987. It's got a LOT of history to it and I know it well. It's a nice car now for sure. Dub is a nice person.

benny70hemibird

What did Dub do with the yellow Bird that I sold to him? I have lost track of it. I had a lot of fun in that one.

hemi68charger

Sweet 'Bird to say the least......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

pettybird

FJ5WING

Its the new Green....
bring on all the Blue ones so when I roll out this summer people will think its cool to see something other than Blue! :D
wingless now, but still around.

nascarxx29

http://www.wwnboa.org/romeo.htm
After we returned to Arkansas, Cecil put the car in a storage building where it remained for 11 years. He took the car to Talladega in July for the 20th Year Winged Car Reunion. I purchased the car from Cecil in 2001 and I still have it. It needs a total restoration that I hope to accomplish soon. I have two other Superbirds. One is a [[[B5 blue, 440 Sixpack 4-speed with white interior]]]. I recently completed the restoration on this car and I am looking forward to showing the car this year. The other one is a yellow 440 4-barrel with automatic shift on the column with a bench seat interior."
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

johnnyseville

Very nice car, but hate to say it, especially if it steps on anyone here, but I can already see the bidding is not on the up and up.  Because prices are not what they were, more sellers are stooping to this, too bad :Twocents:
too many to list!

FJ5WING

you know this after two bids?
wingless now, but still around.

WINGIN IT

If those bids are indeed valid he should take the money and run  :Twocents:

On the flipside didn't BJ just have a 4bbl 4spd bird sell for $126K ?

johnnyseville

Quote from: FJ5WING on January 23, 2013, 01:23:23 PM
you know this after two bids?

When you have been doing eBay for as long and as much, you know with a very high probability when things are not right.  This is just a head up to any members that are considering bidding to keep their eyes open, hate to see someone pay more than they have to. ebay Motor is so full of scams nowadays, guess the economy has made it tough for people to get back their money so they stoop to a new level.
too many to list!

hemi68charger

Quote from: johnnyseville on January 23, 2013, 12:57:28 PM
Very nice car, but hate to say it, especially if it steps on anyone here, but I can already see the bidding is not on the up and up.  Because prices are not what they were, more sellers are stooping to this, too bad :Twocents:

Other than someone bidding on the asking starting price ( set by the owner ), there's one other person who apparently has bid above the asking price and hence, the $100 increment. If there is a "next bidder", it'll flush out the 2nd bid offer ( if 3rd is higher than 2nd's bid ). It is quite possible, it has happened numerous times on my former Daytona auctions. Not to say it isn't, but I wouldn't say with 100% certainty it is bogus........

Nice car nonetheless........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

johnnyseville

This type of technique is used to establish a base price, more than likey the reserve is very close, if it is farther away they will bid until just below it,  and hope, if nothing else it will show that someone is willing to pay a certain price with a possibility of doing an off ebay sale.   A lot of infrequent sellers do this, regular sellers would not get involved because they run the risk of having limitations placed on their account or worse.  Hey, it's not my money, you guys can bid it up to 200K if you got the cash.  Just thought since this a forum where members try to educate others, this was my way of contributing with something I know very much about.
too many to list!

Aero426

You can't read too much into it.    Many car auctions on Ebay are just a way to advertise the car.    

Nice car, 6 pack, stick, white buckets.   Even with the story on the engine, it's probably not going to sell for less than the opening bid anyway. 

Hemi_tyme

looks like Dubs selling out http://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/3544648029.html I called and talked last week to the guy who's marketing the cars for Dub and was told the asking price of the Superbird was 140k ish He also said they had a out of state buyer look at it, but the numbers thing broke the deal.nice car btw

johnnyseville

Quote from: Aero426 on January 23, 2013, 02:08:15 PM
You can't read too much into it.    Many car auctions on Ebay are just a way to advertise the car.    

Nice car, 6 pack, stick, white buckets.   Even with the story on the engine, it's probably not going to sell for less than the opening bid anyway. 

Absolutely true, they are used to advertise for an off ebay sale.  That is how I got mine last year, for 21K less than the bid was on eBay! :2thumbs:
too many to list!

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Hemi_tyme on January 23, 2013, 02:27:54 PM
looks like Dubs selling out http://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/3544648029.html I called and talked last week to the guy who's marketing the cars for Dub and was told the asking price of the Superbird was 140k ish He also said they had a out of state buyer look at it, but the numbers thing broke the deal.nice car btw
~$140K !  :o  Woh!  Love the car, really, and has THE combo for me, but that's quite high IMO for what it is.   Can't verify it's the number's motor with half the VIN ground off, even if it is the original. That hurts the value.

So who his FM3 AAR? :D

hotrod98

That is the car that we repainted last year. It only had 30k on the odo and it showed. Very nice solid, rust free car. It would be a very nice car to own. Dub won't play with the bids. He already stated that he wasn't sure that he really wanted to let it go.  Wouldn't surprise me if he took it off of ebay before the auction ends. 

At this point Dub has sold his numbers pink AAR, numbers six pack 70 Cuda, numbers T/A, hemi 69 runner, 69 Superbee, Little Red Express, 66 black Charger and most of his six pack and hemi stuff that he had lying around.
As for John Vincent's yellow bird, I have no clue where it or the Rome Benedict bird went to. Dub knows where they are. He sold them several years ago. Seems like it was around 2007. The yellow car is the first bird that I tried to trade for around 2003. I tried to buy both of them from Dub once upon a time but at 50K a piece it was a no go. The yellow car was a bench seat matching numbers 440 four barrel, auto and the Rome Benedict car needed lots of work.
He still has a few cars that he plans to bring to our shop in a couple of months.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams