News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FOUND**WTB: Bendix booster and/or MC for 68-70 B body

Started by vick79, January 22, 2013, 03:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Good luck finding one of those.  They are pretty hard to find and when you do, be sure to have deep pockets!  Those pieces have been getting really scarce as of late.  The master cylinders are a lot easier to find though for some reason.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

resq302

Thinking about it, you could try The Ramman who I think not only rebuilds them but also makes some parts.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

vick79

yeah they've been hard to locate but ive seen them come up for sale and willing to spend a reasonable amount. i got in touch with theramman, he said had "new" units for sale, i think they are the MBM repop. Id rather get an original bendix first if i can.

I found the right MC, $19 from summit with core exchange. Its a cardone reman, so im expecting issues. fingers crossed i get a good unit.
'70 Charger RT

resq302

Actually, the Ramman does nice stuff.  I have inspected his stuff out at Carlisle first hand.  Give him a call and ask him as when I talked to him, he was pretty up front and honest.
Brian

Mopar Nut

You can always try Booster Dewey, great guy to deal with.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

resq302

I agree.  Dewey will be getting my spare unit when I have the money to get it rebuilt.   :2thumbs:
Brian

vick79

Thanks for the tips guys. I got a rebuilt unit from Dewey. he wass great tto deal with! Not to mention his price was significantly lower than everyone else!
'70 Charger RT

resq302

Wow!  Dewey had one in stock?  You might as well go out and play the lottery then since you just hit the jackpot.  I have been checking in with him for years and he really never had any of the Bendix dual diaphragm boosters in stock. :2thumbs:  Congrats on your score!
Brian

vick79

I was a litIle shocked too. I knew of him but i thought he only did exchanges/ rebuilds on that booster (even says so on his website).  Lucked out I guess! :icon_smile_cool:
'70 Charger RT

Mopar Nut

When I bought mine, he had a couple still on the shelf still.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

rave_12000

there is a repop out now for $300 and some.  bout time

resq302

Any link to it?  The one I have has a little bit of pitting on it and if I can get a nice, smooth one that looks exactly like the original, Im all for it!
Brian

Tilar

Not sure about the booster but the Master Cylinder is plentiful as a rebuilt. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARDONE-10-1475-Brake-Master-Cylinder-/350629428162?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51a3247bc2&vxp=mtr

Rock auto also has reman master cylinders for $21. Part# 101323 for power brakes or 101323M for manual.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

vick79

Quote from: resq302 on January 23, 2013, 06:25:12 PM
Any link to it?  The one I have has a little bit of pitting on it and if I can get a nice, smooth one that looks exactly like the original, Im all for it!

the mbm reproduction bendix style booster. Im told Pirate Jack is the sales arm of MBM. $295 booster only or $425 for a complete kit.

http://www.piratejack.net/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=49&Itemid=6

Quote from: Tilar on January 23, 2013, 07:04:48 PM
Not sure about the booster but the Master Cylinder is plentiful as a rebuilt. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARDONE-10-1475-Brake-Master-Cylinder-/350629428162?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51a3247bc2&vxp=mtr

Rock auto also has reman master cylinders for $21. Part# 101323 for power brakes or 101323M for manual.

101323 for a drum brake car. I just got mine from Summit, was $19 Part #10-1475 for a '70 disc/drum brake w/engine side lines. Bled it and installed, so far so good. Now waiting for the booster.

Is it normal to be this excited about a brake booster??  ;)

'70 Charger RT

Hard Charger

i'm told that the MBM MC/booster/valve are Bendix and factoy correct.

resq302

Brian

Hard Charger

ebay has had some remans lately.

MBM or Pirate jacks just brought them in a short while ago. Everything to complete the job with no trial and error. all parts are compatible and work.

price is high thought but there is a warranty.

Chatt69chgr

I looked on the Pirate Jacks website and it sure doesn't look like their booster is exactly like the original.  I will admit that it's close and considering the fact that these things are virtually unobtainable I'm glad they are offering it.  My booster is like the one pictured in the beginning of this thread.  And I'm thinking that mine is correct (althought it came out of a 69 New Yorker--Prior Brake rebuilt it and shortened the rod).

Could someone else take a look at the new unit being offered by Pirate Jack and confirm what I'm saying.

Hard Charger

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on March 06, 2013, 09:29:51 AM
I looked on the Pirate Jacks website and it sure doesn't look like their booster is exactly like the original.  I will admit that it's close and considering the fact that these things are virtually unobtainable I'm glad they are offering it.  My booster is like the one pictured in the beginning of this thread.  And I'm thinking that mine is correct (although it came out of a 69 New Yorker--Prior Brake rebuilt it and shortened the rod).

Could someone else take a look at the new unit being offered by Pirate Jack and confirm what I'm saying.
just got the booster/MC/valve from Pirate Jacks yesterday. Booster looks real nice, the MC looks correct but the black paint looks thick with inlets on the fenderside. the valve includes a metering valve attached for the front disk. They also recommend Fineline for the lines.

think i will blast off the MC paint and respray it.

not sure what the correct one looks like exactly, came with manuel drum.

Package should just bolt in. that what i wanted. i also jot there disk conversion last month.