News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Original Batmobile

Started by twodko, January 20, 2013, 01:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

70moparman

Did it come with the Bat Boat for that much??

A383Wing

no, only came with George's Batman jacket

Bryan

twodko

I understand the "full service" batgirl did come with the car..........a bit older though......with dentures. Woohoo.  :smilielol:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Paul G

Yes 4.2 with 10% commission on both sides. I heard that they guy who bought it plans to build a room around it in his house. Not drive it. It was showing it's age a little. But still very cool to be standing next to an icon from my youth.

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

The70RT

Quote from: Paul G on January 22, 2013, 10:29:51 PM
Yes 4.2 with 10% commission on both sides. I heard that they guy who bought it plans to build a room around it in his house. Not drive it. It was showing it's age a little. But still very cool to be standing next to an icon from my youth.

I heard that as well  :-\ I hope he at least puts in a garage door so it could be taken out once in a while. It would be a shame for it not to be seen out in the public from time to time. Too much money and people get funny, I know the liability thing but it has to be insured anyway  :shruggy:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Daytona R/T SE

Since it was sold on a bill of sale, can it even be licensed ?

bull

Some sort of Lincoln concept car, wasn't it?

JB400

bull

I think I'd rather have a Tumbler. Most of the Batmobiles have been pretty ugly IMO but at least the Tumbler is conceptually practical for crime-fighting, having been designed for military applications.

DC_1

Aren't there a couple guys on here that have built replicas?

GOTWING

What was with the modern ford blue oval emblem on the front fenders?  :eek2: i mean why  :brickwall: If i had that kind of money, i would have a replica bat cave built and park it in that. :D

The70RT

Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on January 23, 2013, 07:31:35 AM

Not that i ever seen
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Indygenerallee

Sorry but I would never spend 4.2 million on a car no matter what it was. I really can't seeing spending $100,000 on a car.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

chargerboy69

Don Currie, a member of this board, builds replica batmobiles. One of them he had for sale years ago had a 440 in it. 

He also builds noses and wings for Superbirds.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

DC_1

Quote from: chargerboy69 on January 23, 2013, 07:47:30 PM

Don Currie, a member of this board, builds replica batmobiles. One of them he had for sale years ago had a 440 in it.  

Ya, that's the guy I was thinking about. I remember coming across a post about the Daytona parts he was fabricating. I visited the site he had posted a link to. I came across pics of a batmobile he built. It had a huge amount of detail and functional features from what I remember.

moparstuart

Quote from: chargerboy69 on January 23, 2013, 07:47:30 PM

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  don can just about build anything for a superbird out of steel
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mike DC

QuoteSorry but I would never spend 4.2 million on a car no matter what it was. I really can't seeing spending $100,000 on a car.

That Batmobile is just a car in the same way that a Mickey Mantle rookie card is just a piece of printed paperboard.  I wouldn't pay $4 mil for it either but I understand how some people would.

GOTWING

4.2 MILLION could buy a lot of mopar muscle and a nice building to put them in!  :icon_smile_big:

Aero426

I might be the only one who wants to see it restored back to the Lincoln Futura.

DC_1

$4.2M is a lot but put it in perspective. If the guy is wealthy and let's say has $100M company he probably wouldn't miss that money.

A383Wing

it looked like his wife used some of that 100m in makeup and "enhancements"

Bryan

DonC1

' I might be the only one who wants to see it restored back to the Lincoln Futura. '

You and me both Aero.  :2thumbs:
I believe it would worth even worth more...being one of the few original Ghia built concept cars still in existance

I did supply Barris with the bat wheel spinners for his Batmobile