News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear gear change 2011 charger

Started by 2011#67mopar, January 18, 2013, 10:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2011#67mopar

I have a 2011 Mopar Limited Edition Charger with 3.90 gears.Way too low for grocery getter!I need better mileage!Does anybody want to swap or know where I can get a low cost diff wit h 3.07?Can I get it reprogrammed to make them compatible and is it the same as other Dodges? :brickwall:

skip68

You might want to check out a "new" Dodge Charger forum.   This is geared for the classic Chargers.    :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

2011#67mopar

JB400

Not too many of us are techies on these new chargers here.  An LX forum would get you better results.  But, if I remember correctly, the 6spd Challengers got a higher end gear than the automatics.  Might be something to look into.  I believe they have the same rearend under the Challengers as they do in the Chargers.

Obviously, I don't type fast enough :icon_smile_big:

Daytona Guy

My 09 Challenger has 3.90 and my 5 speed auto gets great gas mil. I got 27mpg on a long trip. What are your RPMs at 70 mph?

With a lock up and overdrive you already have a low RPM - and you should only run on 4 cyl after your 4 lifters shut down. You will need those RPMs to have any power to sustain your speed or it will run all 8 all the time.

69bronzeT5

Your RPM's shouldn't be too high with the 3:90's. I have numerous friends with the Mopar11 Chargers and haven't heard one complaint about fuel mileage or it reving too high on the highway?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Cooter

Might wanna make sure you ain't runnin' one dem "K&N" filters in that Charger with a Mass Air flow sensor. Also, with all these "Cold Air" kits out now, you might find thta the car gets WORSE MPG due to your foot in it hearing that "Moan"...(Laugh if you will, but it's a proven fact). Also, Most everything you do to it for more power adversely causes MPG to go down. Trust me, those gears aren't causing your Mileage problem.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Daytona Guy

Quote from: Cooter on January 19, 2013, 11:23:05 AM
Might wanna make sure you ain't runnin' one dem "K&N" filters in that Charger with a Mass Air flow sensor. Also, with all these "Cold Air" kits out now, you might find thta the car gets WORSE MPG due to your foot in it hearing that "Moan"...(Laugh if you will, but it's a proven fact). Also, Most everything you do to it for more power adversely causes MPG to go down. Trust me, those gears aren't causing your Mileage problem.

Very true= if a K&N filter would give better MPG every Challenger and Charger would have come from the factory with one. Dodge spent millions getting this 5.7 better MPG (even adding a second plug and dropping 4 cylinders to just gain 2 MPG - so as to not scrap the HEMI program - so a stupid cheap filter (cold air sys) that claims more power and better MPG is a bunch of bull. It's called - "Got to make some money".

Dane