News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Old Newspaper Classified Ads From 1977

Started by Old Moparz, January 16, 2013, 10:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

I scanned some ads I found in an old newspaper. The paper was used as packing materials in a box of junk. The paper is called The Bergen Record, a northern New Jersey publication. I used to deliver this newspaper on my bike, too.   :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

70moparman

Dibs on the 70 Coronet wagon for $150!  Hell it comes with extra tires!  :icon_smile_big:

Old Moparz

More ads.   :cheers:

Anyone know if the Dan Gurney Cougar was a performance, or a trim package?   :shruggy:
               Bob                

moparstuart

Quote from: 70moparman on January 16, 2013, 10:05:22 PM
Dibs on the 70 Coronet wagon for $150!  Hell it comes with extra tires!  :icon_smile_big:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:   superbee wagon   :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Old Moparz

Here's an ad from a dealer in Paramus that was a huge sleazebag. The same newspaper that ran his ads did a big front page story on how he screwed over his customers. He pulled all his ads after that for a few months, then started up as if nothing happened. The story said he was originally from Texas & burned his bridges there screwing customers. Texas booted him & re-wrote some sales laws because of his practices. He owned 2 dealerships called "Wild Bill's Dodge" & "Paramus Chrysler Plymouth" on Rte 4.
               Bob                

johnnyseville

Someone should try calling these numbers, outside chance the same person lives there,  and saying just saw you ad and would like to come down to see the car, that would be hilarious  :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah:
too many to list!

Old Moparz

More ads from Wild Bill.
               Bob                

Old Moparz

New Jeeps for only $4695 !!  I'll take two.  :lol:
               Bob                

Old Moparz

Jethro Tull & Queen tickets, saw them both back then.  :cheers:

Jodi's 7th birthday ad from her Mom & Dad. Now she's probably signing them into a nursing home.  :lol:

A mature Jewish woman who walks & bikes is now pushing 102 if she's still around. She'd be a good example of what getting outside & exercise can do for you.  :lol:

Portable car phones installed for $999.00     :smilielol:   Must have looked like the one Mannix had in his Dart.
               Bob                

Old Moparz

This ad is cool.   :coolgleamA:
               Bob                

Old Moparz

Same dealer, Wild Bill.
               Bob                

Piper

very cool ads, i still have the last Philadelphia Bulletin checking it there were no cool cars in that issue (unless a Granada is cool lol)

Old Moparz

Quote from: Piper on January 16, 2013, 10:48:05 PM
very cool ads, i still have the last Philadelphia Bulletin checking it there were no cool cars in that issue (unless a Granada is cool lol)

There's a bunch more I hadn't scanned, some older Camaros, Firebirds & Mustang II's. There's a Buick GS as well, but it's a 350 car, not the 455.

Oh look!!  Turkey is on sale & they have double coupons.  :lol:
               Bob                

chargerman69

JB400

You have some pretty cool ads :2thumbs:  I'd have to look at that 69 440 car for $375 :icon_smile_big:  Doesn't matter what Dodge it is, it still be a cheap cruiser :popcrn:

Thanks of posting :cheers:

70moparman

WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE HELL AN AMC CONCORD IS??!  THATS SOMETHING MY GENERATION HAS NEVER SEEN!!  (THANK GOD...)    :scratchchin: ;D

Old Moparz

Quote from: 70moparman on January 16, 2013, 11:14:37 PM

WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE HELL AN AMC CONCORD IS??!  THATS SOMETHING MY GENERATION HAS NEVER SEEN!!  (THANK GOD...)    :scratchchin: ;D

You're not missing much.  :lol:  Most of the ones I remember looked just like the AMC Hornet, but with a padded vinyl landau roof & extra goofy trim.
               Bob                

JB400

:popcrn:  The AMX was the performance version if you could call it that

RallyeMike

Brings back good memories of scanning the ads in the paper every Sunday looking for big-block B-bodies for cheap. Of course I was always broke back then.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

nascarxx29

My local dealer and my friends old superbird

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

billfury

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 16, 2013, 11:09:37 PM
You have some pretty cool ads :2thumbs:  I'd have to look at that 69 440 car for $375 :icon_smile_big:  Doesn't matter what Dodge it is, it still be a cheap cruiser :popcrn:

Thanks of posting :cheers:

Your in luck.It's good on gas. :smilielol:

Ponch ®

Man,that's depressing. Even accounting for inflation, the $2795 Roadrunner would be about $16.5K in todays money and the $3395 Superbird about $20K

here's something to make looking at those ads more fun:

http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

rt green

third string oil changer

Drache

Quote from: Old Moparz on January 16, 2013, 10:06:40 PM
Anyone know if the Dan Gurney Cougar was a performance, or a trim package?   :shruggy:

Turbine wheel covers
F70 x 14 wide-oval nylon cord whitewall tires
Chromed engine dress-up kit:
Chrome air cleaner lid
Chrome valve covers
Chrome Oil Dipstick
Chrome Radiator cap
Dan Gurney signature decal
Cougar 289 cu. in. V-8

Dart
Racing
Ass