News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Would you trade?

Started by chargd72, January 14, 2013, 11:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

I would, I think its trading up value wise. If you were to sell either one, the RR would bring more, and would appeal to a larger  market.

My two  :Twocents:

Good luck,
Jason

bluefury

Quote from: chargd72 on January 14, 2013, 11:43:27 AM
Would you trade a '76 3/4 ton Power Wagon with a 400/727 for a '71 Roadrunner with a 383/727 if both were in similar condition?  I love having the Power Wagon but I've always wanted a RR.  Plus, it's my only truck.
[/b][/color]
I feel your pain..... I recently made the same decission. I traded a loved and trusted 1964 Dodge crew cab for an extremely rare 1961 Plymouth Fury convertible.... I really miss the truck but no regrets..... I'd go for it, but your decission.
61 Plymouth Fury convertible
65 Dodge coronet 500 convertible
69 Chrysler 300 convertible

ACUDANUT

What's he want for the RR outright.  Power Wagons have zero value. imo. Trade

chargd72

Thanks guys, some good opinions here.  I should have included this.  It's not a direct trade.  More like a swap out for me.  It's just that if I bought the RR I would have to sell the truck.  The guy is asking 5k for the RR but I am sure I can get it for $4k or less.  And I figure I could get somewhere around 2.5 - 3k for the truck, maybe.  It would just be to offset the cost a bit and justify buying another project when the Charger still has some work to be done.  After sitting on it for another day, I'm started to side with keeping the truck mostly due to poor timing.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

41husk

sometmes it is best to sleep on it.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

ACUDANUT

I have been trying to sell my rust free 77 3/4 ton power wagon for awhile.  Not one bite. Only asking 2k.  TRADE.

chargd72

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 15, 2013, 10:22:20 AM
I have been trying to sell my rust free 77 3/4 ton power wagon for awhile.  Not one bite. Only asking 2k.  TRADE.

Really?  I posted mine about a year ago for 3k and only had it listed for a few days.  Had multiple calls and two different people come look at it.  I got sad just when I saw someone test driving it so I pulled it off craigslist.   :lol:

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Ram07

Really? 2500-3000 bucks for the truck, I would buy that in a heartbeat...just dont see those in my neck of the woods!

nvrbdn

acudanut has his for 2k. jump on that one. 3/4 ton towing power. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ram07

I'm on it!!  :icon_smile_big:

Hope I can make it happen...be on the phone all day now I think!!!

The truck is 2,100 kms (one way) away from me...shipping could be a problem..looking into it!

Ram07

sorry for hijacking the thread!!

mauve66

do you need the trk??
the RR in that condition is a straight trade for the trk in what appears to be good condition but as said, the truck is usable NOW, how soon can you make the RR usable NOW??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

F8-4life

ask yourself  which one you could be more easily replaced & which car you would rather have,  oh and which one would be easier to sell if ever need be

TruckDriver

I think I would too. But that said your going to miss the truck soon as you wanna haul something big  :Twocents:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

70moparman

In a second...  That RR is bad ass... not saying your truck isnt cool... but that RR is bad ass....  BAD ASS I TELL YOU!!!  I wouldnt of thought about trading, I would of been shaking his hand as the last words were leaving his mouth...   :yesnod: :Twocents:

mauve66

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 15, 2013, 10:22:20 AM

rust free?? and no buyers...................??  i can't find one out here that doesn't have rust or a price over 10K :brickwall:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

ACUDANUT

Okay, I have not been trying very hard at all to sell my Power Wagon.

Back to the topic: Have you made your mind up on trading your Power Wagon for the RR.

chargd72

Well, after firing the truck up and taking it for a cruise it did what it never fails to do. Put a smile on my face. I can't get rid of it. I'll be looking for a RR closer to when the time is right. Thanks for all the feedback even though I went against the popular vote.

skip68

The most important thing is that you feel comfortable with a deal.   If now isn't the right time then that's OK and don't feel bad.     :cheers: :icon_smile_tongue:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!