News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Block Repair/H20 Pump Housing Tab Broke Off

Started by carsnguitars, January 07, 2013, 11:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carsnguitars

The block needed alot to get it this far, and noticed the tab broken off for the lat bolt on the water pump housing.
So am I on right track with any of these?
Bolt and washer to wedge againt the end (o whats left of it)
Cut nut in half and weld it to make a whole thread
Maybe weld in all thread and use a nut to secure housing at this point
Take it to someone.

If welding option, any special requirements

Well hopefully someone has repaired broken motor mount tab or something simliar, and can point me in the right direction.

RIDGERACER383

Never seen a block broke there.I'm sure there somebody who can weld a tab on there,drill it and tap it out.Put a junk distributor in there to keep slag and metal shavings out.
1968 Dodge Charger 383 4bbl / 8.75 Rear 3.55

Cooter

This will require a custom MATCHED set. This block and this water closet will forever be a set after this, but you can redrill the water closet, then redrill and tap another hole closer to the water outlet hole. Take yourt time and it should work out just fine. I have done three blocks this way. 2 383's and one 413.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"