News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1979 Plymouth Volare Road Runner Hurst equipped

Started by BB1, January 06, 2013, 07:09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

areibel

I had a '77 Aspen R/T, it was actually a fun car.  It was only a 318/ 4 sp. but I swapped the manifold with a 340 one and the 4 bbl, I could get smoke in 1st and chirp in 2nd!  But the aluminum 833's didn't last long, I trashed several until I just went back to an iron non-OD one.  And they have that funky transverse tortion bar arrangement, I broke one and had to drive it home looking like a low ridfer on one side!  If it weren't for too many projects I'd be looking for another.

nh_mopar_fan

I know of a 78 T top RR for sale. Black with a 360 and auto

Ghoste

And they still had the Road Runner horn.  They weren't the worst way Mopar could have killed off the Road Runner name.

HPP

The "Hurst equiped" was not a factory offering.  It may  have been a dealer installed deal. Those badges are still available at Summit, Jegs, Year One, etc. I have one sitting in my tool box right now.

Rare, meh. There were over two million F bodies made from 76-80.

Ghoste

And most likely an owner install just as the badges were.  Still a cool car though.

TruckDriver

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 06, 2013, 08:38:09 AM

How much? Any good photos? I would love to know more about it.

Quote from: HPP on January 06, 2013, 10:34:57 AM
The "Hurst equiped" was not a factory offering.  It may  have been a dealer installed deal. Those badges are still available at Summit, Jegs, Year One, etc. I have one sitting in my tool box right now.

I know the Aspen/Volare's pretty good as I owned a lot of them. This was not even a dealer option. Someone did this on their own. Super Coupe's, R/T's, Roadrunner's and Kit Car's was about it. There were a few that had strip and interiour trim options (Sunrunner, S.E.'s). But no other high proformance option cars.

That said, I wouldn't mind having this car either.  :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

The70RT

I had an orange one like that but had the fender flares.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nh_mopar_fan

I will see if I can get you some detail on the RR.

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Mytur Binsdirti

TruckDriver

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 06, 2013, 08:10:01 PM
http://twinfalls.craigslist.org/cto/3482697855.html

Not as clean as I was led to believe....

::)

Don't look to bad actually. Never find them like that around here.

Is there a way to search all of Craig's List in one search? Or can you only do it area by area like I been doing.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BB1

I have an ipad and the craigslist app can search several hundred miles from your zip code.
I live in Kansas so I have it set to 500 miles which is really 1000 miles sweep.
Delete my profile

TruckDriver

If there is a way on the computer though, I never seen it. Would by nice to be able to search nation wide.
PETE

1973rallye

Quote from: TruckDriver on January 06, 2013, 11:00:21 AM
Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 06, 2013, 08:38:09 AM

How much? Any good photos? I would love to know more about it.

Quote from: HPP on January 06, 2013, 10:34:57 AM
The "Hurst equiped" was not a factory offering.  It may  have been a dealer installed deal. Those badges are still available at Summit, Jegs, Year One, etc. I have one sitting in my tool box right now.

I know the Aspen/Volare's pretty good as I owned a lot of them. This was not even a dealer option. Someone did this on their own. Super Coupe's, R/T's, Roadrunner's and Kit Car's was about it. There were a few that had strip and interiour trim options (Sunrunner, S.E.'s). But no other high proformance option cars.

That said, I wouldn't mind having this car either.  :yesnod:

Does this one picque your interest??

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1978-Dodge-Aspen-Super-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ422125545
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

TruckDriver

The price!  :o :o :o :o :o If it was a Kit Car I could see that maybe.
PETE

1973rallye

I did see the car late this summer. He had a Challenger that I was interested in. I have no idea what these are worth but to me it seemed like a nice turn key car with the bonus that there is not one seen (good or bad) everytime you turn the corner. Your choice, just thought I would bring it to your attention.
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed

HPP

autotempest.com will search craigslist, ebay, auto trader, and a few others all at teh same time.

F bodies do seem to be going up in price. It used to be I could find them all day long, without rust, for under a grand. Now the rusty ones are getting a couple grand and it takes at least $3000 for a nice one. Specialty units like Road Runners, R/Ts, and Super Coupes are running $6 to 8 grand and up.

Quote from: 1973rallye on January 07, 2013, 10:18:23 AM
Does this one picque your interest??

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1978-Dodge-Aspen-Super-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ422125545

Not at that price. He has been trying to sell that for a few months now. That is maybe a $6-7k car.

TruckDriver

That's a $6,000 or $7000 car tops if it's turn key. I dont remember off the top of my head, but the Kit Cars were less then 300 each Dodge & Plymouth made.

I just found a 1979 slant 6 Aspen for $600. This is a pretty good deal here even with the minor rust.

http://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/3437720316.html
PETE

1973rallye

He does not appear desperate to sell. He would not budge on the Challenger he was selling and although original paint and nice floors/ it did need some significant repairs $$. My guess is he will hold out as long as he can on this one.
The rules of supply and demand will dictate I suppose.
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed

triple_green

68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

TruckDriver

PETE

Highway by the Sea

I saw one of these in my home town several years ago.  I was going to buy it and install my 1972 400 Big Block HP motor (pulled from a 1972 Charger Limited Edition) and make it a screamer!!  Changed my mind thank goodness!!

greenpigs

For $1500 I would have it in my garage if it was closer.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free