News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wilwood Brakes Kit #140-9828-D ?????

Started by MikeD, January 05, 2013, 08:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeD

Has anyone installed this kit ?? Doe's the caliper go on the front or back of the rotors. They are not to clear on that with there pics.

Thanks for help

MikeD

bill440rt

I installed their 6-piston kit, calipers mount on the rear of the rotors.

See thread here, pg 8.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,64641.175.html
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

MikeD

Quote from: bill440rt on January 05, 2013, 09:32:59 PM
I installed their 6-piston kit, calipers mount on the rear of the rotors.

See thread here, pg 8.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,64641.175.html

Iam using the hydroboost as well my kit has 11' rotors and I want to keep drums in the back if possible do you think I will have any trouble with set up.

Thanks

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: MikeD on January 05, 2013, 11:55:29 PM

Iam using the hydroboost as well my kit has 11' rotors and I want to keep drums in the back if possible do you think I will have any trouble with set up.

Thanks

I am currently running a set of wilwoods up front, drums out back, with the hydroboost and it works great. I am swapping soon to a set of 13" Baers at all 4 corners but for street driving you will be very happy with just the wilwoods up front. But add a proportioning valve to keep more pressure to the fronts.  :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

bill440rt

:yesnod:

You can run the Hydroboost with either disc/disc or disc/drum, you just need the appropriate MC. You cannot use it with a drum/drum system.
Consider investing in the 6-piston Wilwood kit, it's well worth it. You'll need to run a minimum 17" wheel, though.