News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AR-15 prices...Outragous

Started by ACUDANUT, January 03, 2013, 06:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indygenerallee

Bull, I was once told "Truth is stranger than fiction" so never rule anything out!  :2thumbs:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

kab69440

I feel they (with rare exception) side with their paycheck providers.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Tilar

Quote from: bull on January 06, 2013, 09:55:50 PM
Let me just conclude with this: During my lifetime I've heard next to zero talk about a second US civil war in my life, except for the past five years or so. Now I hear it and I hear it often from a lot of regular Joes, not wacknuts like you used to see on the news. And I'm not the one doing the talking.

Same here.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

HPP

Ever wonder if there's more of a government endgame here? Too many government leaders enjoy a dependant populous and what better way to create more dependants than to force them into a choice of being on the wrong side of the law over the 2nd Amendment. Think about it; government bans guns and/or ammo and makes it a felony to own them, as many as 52 million American households owning 260-300 million guns refuse to turn them in and instantly you've got as much as 45% of the head of houshold population unable to hold a job because they're now felons. Add that to the already 49 percent of Americans households estimated to receive some form of government benefits and suddenly you've got as much as 96% of the American households (I'm sure there's plenty of overlap here) living with some degree of dependance on the government for all or part of their income.

If your going to go down the conspiricy path, then you need to look further than just the US Guvmint, cuz all they are is greedy bastiges sucking at the trough. Who is feeding the trough with an endless supply of money that allows those clowns to keep spending like there is no end that is creating a country that is going to owe so much that all its revenue activity will only be able to meet the interest payments and never pay down principle...

Quote from: Tilar on January 07, 2013, 12:48:35 PM
Let me just conclude with this: During my lifetime I've heard next to zero talk about a second US civil war in my life, except for the past five years or so. Now I hear it and I hear it often from a lot of regular Joes, not wacknuts like you used to see on the news. And I'm not the one doing the talking.

Same here.

The civil war for our country's soul began 100 years ago and was started by a few dozen congressmen in a lame duck session, with the stroke of a pen and not with a bullet. It was further propogated in our lifetime by other elected officials, each in seemingly inocuous legislation, that has created our current fiscal condition. Unfortunately, not everyone has realized that yet and I think a great many don't care.

Tilar

Quote from: HPP on January 07, 2013, 01:14:33 PM
Who is feeding the trough with an endless supply of money that allows those clowns to keep spending like there is no end that is creating a country that is going to owe so much that all its revenue activity will only be able to meet the interest payments and never pay down principle...

I believe there are a couple different "Who's". Both easy to name.
Dave  

ACUDANUT

Same here.

There could never be another Civil War here again. States might fight eachother, but in the end the Federal Government would end it sharply.  They (the feds) have all the "good" weapons and would crush any type of a war.

stripedelete

Revolution may be a better term.

While not in our time, I could see a relatively bloodless succession somewhere down the line.   

ACUDANUT

Ahhh, if the south would have won..We wouldn't have any problems. :icon_smile_big:

Chargerguy74

Just to clarify. In Canada all AR variants are restricted. Meaning range use only (goverment approved ranges). Magazines for semi auto rifles are restricted to 5 rounds, and pistols to 10 rounds. The restriction is on the mag itself, so 10 round AR pistol mags could legally be used in restricted rifles or in non restricted semi rifles like the Robinson Arms XCR, Keltec sub 2000, etc. Also, the restriction on the mag is on the capacity of the calibre the mag was designed for. So filling a 40 mag with 9mm if perfectly legal.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Tilar

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 07, 2013, 02:24:12 PM

Same here.

There could never be another Civil War here again. States might fight eachother, but in the end the Federal Government would end it sharply.  They (the feds) have all the "good" weapons and would crush any type of a war.

I don't see another civil war between the states, but I do think a revolutionary war is very likely.
Dave  

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: twodko on January 05, 2013, 09:50:07 PM
"The oath I took when I joined the AF in 1984 is still just as valid for me today "To Support and Defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic..." 
Thank you for that brother! Same same Navy 1970. Same same all branches.

And Marine Corps 2011.  After seeing all of the liberal posts from younger people on Facebook, it gives me hope to see so much support for gun owner's rights elsewhere.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 07, 2013, 02:24:12 PM
Same here.

The federal goverment would have to convince the military to fight against their fellow Americans.  I don't think I really need to say this, but I would immediately resign my commission.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

skip68

Exactly.   Our armed services aren't going to turn on us like some leaders may.  Not over this.  There's just no way.   Ask the anti gun people this, will they take arms in order to disarm us?    That's a really good question I think.   Hell, I'll say it now .......

To all of you reading this that are against guns, are YOU willing to put a gun in your hands and come and take mine away?   I don't think so.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

twodko

I'm comin' fir ya Skip.......with my guns, we gonna have a Pahrump shootem' up! Then I'm gonna throw meteorites at ya. Grrrrrrrr

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

bull

No, I don't see a bunch of conservative soldiers taking orders from a liberal president to attack conservative citizens. But maybe that's why the liberals are doing all this social experimentation with the military. Trying to bust it up and fem it down with political correction.

Tilar

Quote from: bull on January 08, 2013, 12:57:10 PM
But maybe that's why the liberals are doing all this social experimentation with the military. Trying to bust it up and fem it down with political correction.

I think they called it Operation: Don't ask don't tell.
Dave  

lloyd3

Any activity in the short-term will very likely be by executive order (remember Roosevelt's gold confiscation in 1933?). I'm guessing a reinstatement of the Assault Weapons Ban for starters. Depending on the fallout from that, there will likely be even more draconian legislation to follow. 

Chargerguy74

Just to add, since it is mostly unknown, silver was also confiscated via Executive Order 6814 in 1934. Are the states headed there again? First the NDAA, now talks of disarming, the devaluing of the USD (the fed is now printing at a rate of 85 billion a month). Something big is coming down the pipe.

Interesting info as well:

http://www.opednews.com/populum/printer_friendly.php?content=a&id=154691
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

Tilar

The only way to bring the US down is to break her financially, which will have a direct impact on anyone that owes money. Once that happens they can attempt to move into the one world government and one money.  It almost looks like they are systematically shutting down America from within.
Georgia utility is closing 15 coal, oil power plants due to new federal regulations costing 480 jobs

Anyone read the book "In the President's Secret Service"? I haven't but hear it's a good read.
Dave  

Chargerguy74

Another good read, I haven't read it myself, but hear it is good:

The End of America: Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot by Naomi Wolf

lloyd3

Chargerguy: I did not have a clear understanding of the 1934 silver confiscation, thank you for that reference.  As far as books to read, there are many that are worthy, but on the chance that time is growing short read just this one.....

Patriots, a novel of the coming collapse, by James Wesley Rawles.

This book is the bible of the prepper's movement. Mr. Rawles has a webpage as well...survivalblog.com.

Chargerguy74

Thanks for that, I've actually been to that site a couple times, but never knew of the book.

Drache

Quote from: twodko on January 05, 2013, 09:50:07 PM
"The oath I took when I joined the AF in 1984 is still just as valid for me today "To Support and Defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic..." 

Thank you for that brother! Same same Navy 1970. Same same all branches.

Doesn't that same oath also include "that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me" though?
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

twodko

Unless its contrary to the will of the people.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!