News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rebuilding stock water pump

Started by Hoser2455, December 30, 2012, 09:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoser2455

I read the above article on the overheating issues and the different test.  Fantastic information by the way!  I am wanting to have rebuilt the original water pump for my car.  It did not leak when I took it off, but I want to rebuild it anyway.  The water pump goes on a 1970 440 Superbird.  This would keep my engine originality also.  Does anyone know where I can get this pump rebuilt by a reliable company?  Posted are two pictures of the pump.  Is this the original pump that came on my car?

resq302

going by the 8 blades on the impellar, I guess you do not have a/c?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Hoser2455

Hoser2455

I have found a company by the name of Cardone but they won't call me back.  One guy told me that last time someone sent a part to them away it took 5 or 6 months.  Anybody else know of a place that does this?

resq302

A1Cardone is garbage.  I wouldn't use them if they were the only company on the planet that would rebuild stuff.  I think there is a company by the name of Gates (similar to the belt company) who sells brand new ones on RockAuto.com which is where I picked up a spare for me in case I have an issue on the side of the road.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto