News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who played Football ?

Started by Tooz 72, December 23, 2012, 10:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tooz 72

and i do mean Football not soccer !!   :icon_smile_big:

ive been a big fan of American Football ( im in the UK ) since the late eighties but i didnt live my dream of playing until just a few years ago when i played 2 seasons with my local team on the D line and special teams. ( i ended up hurting my right knee )   :brickwall:  well i am in my late 30's now so im not as flexible as i used to be !!   :icon_smile_big:

so who here has played football and have you got any great stories of your playing days ?

TheGhost

I once kicked a 70 yard field goal into the wind, during a blinding blizzard, with one second left on the clock to win the game.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

bull

Quote from: TheGhost on December 23, 2012, 10:57:20 AM
I once kicked a 70 yard field goal into the wind, during a blinding blizzard, with one second left on the clock to win the game.

Um, what?

I played one season in 7th grade; tackle football on the big island of Hawaii. Those Hawaiians and Samoans know how to hit. When I returned to the mainland I played four years of high school football. Loved every minute of it.

One of the most memorable games I played was at the position of left offensive guard. We ran a right sweep and my job was to pull right, run down the line and hit their left defensive end. I loved that play because the guy never saw me coming. This one team had a left end who outweighed me by 50+ lbs. but that doesn't matter when they don't see you coming. We ran the play three times that game and I knocked him flat on his butt twice. The third time he figured out what was going on and high-tailed it out of the way. He and I ended up becoming pretty good friends and laughed about that day often. He got his revenge on the wrestling mat before I dropped down a weight class.

Tooz 72

Quote from: TheGhost on December 23, 2012, 10:57:20 AM

did you have the letter S on your top ?    :icon_smile_big:

TheGhost

In all seriousness, I played 3 years in high school.  Slot reciever/running back.

My favorite position was defensive end during practices, but I wasn't big enough to play it during the actual games.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

ACUDANUT

Better yet, who played real Hockey.  :angel:

Ponch ®

I somehow made the football team at my high school, which was somewhat of a football and basketball powerhouse at the time.

I ended up as a guard in the OL and occasionally defensive end. Pretty much a benchwarmer, but it was fun. I only got to play garbage time, but since we were blowing out every other school (at least until we got to the playoffs), that means I actually did spend quite a lot of entire 4th quarters on the field.

the most memorable part? well, I guess that I served as a tackling dummy for a guy during practices for a guy that went on to play in the NFL for quite a few years.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Mytur Binsdirti

JB400

I eat enough dirt at work or at the dirt track, I don't need to eat it on a field.

MrSnicks

I played Defensive End and Tight End in High School. You wouldn't think 200lbs looked skinny until you saw it on a 6' 8" frame.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Patrick

Cooter

Never played football. Never wanted too. Never wanted all the broken bones/Injuries that come along with it. Some of my best friends couldn';t nderstand it back in HS, but now they all look at me and tell me every time I HEAR them coming up the walk popping, cracking, creaking, etc., that they don't wanna hear it. :smilielol:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Daytona R/T SE

Football??? :shruggy:

Oh, yeah... :scratchchin:

That's that thing all the "cool" guys were doing in high school

while I was out bangin' their sisters and girlfriends in the parking lot :smilielol:

charger_fan_4ever

Great game loved every moment of it. Wished I would have started earlier and continued on.
Played at defensive end and center on the O line in high school for 2 years. Played at defensive end in college for a year.

Good times. Its a physical game, but no useless fighting like you see in hockey. Its a perfect mix of strength/agility/speed and ability to read the play.

After you have played the game it makes you laugh when you think back of all those football players are dumb comments.  :icon_smile_big:

hatersaurusrex

I played football at Polk High.   I once scored four touchdowns in one game.  Four.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Ram07

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on December 26, 2012, 09:50:00 AM
Football??? :shruggy:

Oh, yeah... :scratchchin:

That's that thing all the "cool" guys were doing in high school

while I was out bangin' their sisters and girlfriends in the parking lot :smilielol:

:lol:...I played in high school, but got run over by some very big boys....so I quit!

firefighter3931

Ya, i played a little !  :icon_smile_big:

High School, College & a few years of semi-pro....best time of my life !  :cheers:

Here's a pic from the college days ; I'm #57 leading the tailback on a sweep play

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

dodgecharger-fan

I played 2 years on the school team and one year of intramural.

On the school team, I played mainly tight end and defensive end. Sometimes, I played slot back, wide receiver, or safety.
In the second year, I pretty much stayed on the field for the whole game.

On the intramural team, I played running back. I totally did not understand that. I was a tall, skinny kid. Once I got some room to run though, I was gone.

Funniest thing that ever happened was in the first year that I played on the school team.
I was on the sidelines and the temperature was cooling. Especially if you're just standing around.
When we dressed, it was pretty warm. So, I just had a t-shirt on under my gear and jersey.

I pulled my arms inside my jersey to warm them up.... and the coach told me to go in.

I also hadn't really been paying attention because it was 4th quarter and I hadn't played yet. I was bored. I didn't know the play.

So, I start running out - with my arms still stuck in my jersey - and I realize that I'm late. The team had gone to the line. I didn't make it to the huddle and they broke before I could get halfway to the line.
Now I'm in the backfield. I should be right on the line at the wide receiver position.

Play starts. Flag goes up.

Too many men in the backfield.

..and my arms are still stuck in my jersey.  :eek2:

I made up for it later by catching a wild wobbler that the QB threw as he was hitting the ground.
It was a slow lob with a stupid high arc. I could have baked a cake waiting for it to get to me.
As I was standing there in the end zone, it struck me that none of the opposing team was coming near me. I actually had time to look around and think, "What the hell are you guys doing?"
Then I jumped up as high as I could and caught the ball in a great big bear hug.
My first touchdown for the school team (and our only TD that game.)

bull

Quote from: firefighter3931 on December 31, 2012, 01:15:21 PM
Ya, i played a little !  :icon_smile_big:

High School, College & a few years of semi-pro....best time of my life !  :cheers:

Here's a pic from the college days ; I'm #57 leading the tailback on a sweep play

Ron

You must have been pretty tough by the look of those clean pants. No one could knock you down apparently. :scratchchin:

Tooz 72

This is a pic of my team in practice ( im wearing my #18 Raiders jersey in the background ) and over here we actually PAY to be part of the team !!  :icon_smile_blackeye: ...but loved every moment of it ( especially practicing in the snow )   :icon_smile_big:

Old Moparz

I was a baseball nut, loved it & never played any other game except pool. (not swimming either) This is the closest I came to playing football.   :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry