News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is this?

Started by 440 Fanatic, December 22, 2012, 08:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt green

third string oil changer

mopar_man

I believe it may be a precursor of the first car locator .  Its about the right size for those tranponders they put on moose and wolves etc . depending on who owned the car originally , it would be an easy install for somebody with the right electronics .  :cheers:

A383Wing

open the damn thing up and show us what's inside!

twodko

Whatever you do, cut the BLUE wire first!  :lol:

Seriously, treat it gently because it may be something rare.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

RIDGERACER383

Any update..did you see what was inside or figure out what it was.
1968 Dodge Charger 383 4bbl / 8.75 Rear 3.55

440 Fanatic

The mystery is solved. I finally climbed up in the trunk and pulled the box out and opened it up.
C5X Daytona nailed it,  it is a reverb unit made by gibbs mfg and research in janesville wisconsin.

RCKSTR

C5X DAYTONA

Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

Dino

I've had those in guitar amps but I've never seen one in a car before.  Weird.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Cooter

Ahh, the old Reverb unit. Sweet. Sounds of the 70's.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

C5X DAYTONA

Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

jar1292

Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

70 Charger RT

70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

charger Downunder

Always learning schools never out now i know what a Reverb is.
[/quote]

Stretch

that reverb really changes the sound of that mono record. It sure soundes like a stereo feed. Thats cool for sure. Did they work that good in the cars? I have a C.B. thats all "hot roded" out. it has a "talk back" setting on it now. That reverb remindes me of that setting.
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!