News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody see the NRA press conference this morning?

Started by skip68, December 21, 2012, 01:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

I fully agree Bob.  No mall security guards....  Only trained military/police type.   No offense to any security guards out there but in most cases a $10-$12 hr security guard is not going to be qualified to protect a school in a assault.   I guess there has already been several military guys around the country that are on leave have standed guard in front of their childres schools.   :2thumbs:   That's cool.   If I was a shooter I'd rather take my chances with the rent-a-cop than a military soldier.   :icon_smile_wink:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Drache

Quote from: skip68 on December 22, 2012, 03:21:37 PM
I fully agree Bob.  No mall security guards....  Only trained military/police type.   No offense to any security guards out there but in most cases a $10-$12 hr security guard is not going to be qualified to protect a school in a assault.

The private security company I used to work for was made entirely of Ex-Police, law enforcement, and military. Granted we were paid more than minimum wage.  :yesnod:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

NHCharger

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 21, 2012, 02:01:24 PM
When I was in school, there was an officer in every school.  Has things changed?

One of the dirty little secrets that congress and the Obama administration aren't talking about is that in order to balance the budget ::) they did not renew funding for programs that would keep police officers in schools and funding for other programs such a DARE.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Paul G

Quote from: NHCharger on December 22, 2012, 04:13:19 PM
One of the dirty little secrets that congress and the Obama administration aren't talking about is that in order to balance the budget ::) they did not renew funding for programs that would keep police officers in schools and funding for other programs such a DARE.

You got be kidding? This administration? They don't do dirty little things like that. That must have been the other administration. They are the ones that take from people and do hurtful things to them. I talk in jest.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

68coronetGLwannabe

Interesting, past shooting survivor prospective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-oNMHNrS-8

I work mainly in the road construction business. We have plenty of Off duty police officers that set in the construction zone. Sure they get paid and from what I understand very well for doing this. Their main goal is to keep the workers safe by just their mere presence. If these off duty officers do this why wouldn't they jump on the chance to keep our children safe? In my opinion this could be easily paid for simply teaching our kids what they really need to learn in school. They simply could cut back spending on sports and extracurricular stuff that really don't further our kids education. Would I pay a few extra Tax dollars to get this done? Hell yea I would.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Cooter

When will it be over you ask?

When I'm called up yonder, and I can leave this sh*thole forever and watch it burn for 7 years.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Mike DC

Psycho serial shooting deaths in schools, or lighting strike deaths . . . guess which one is more common?  

The brutal truth is that school shootings still do not happen very often.  And our options for doing more about it would all be clumsy, expensive, and not very effective.   

IMHO we don't need to ban guns, nor do we need more guns/guards in schools either.  IMHO we need to nut up and accept some risk in life.  School shootings are tragic, but not every tragic incident calls for increasing prevention efforts. 

Paul G

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 23, 2012, 11:47:06 AM

Psycho serial shooting deaths in schools, or lighting strike deaths . . . guess which one is more common? 

The brutal truth is that school shootings still do not happen very often.  And our options for doing more about it would all be clumsy, expensive, and not very effective.   

IMHO we don't need to ban guns, nor do we need more guns/guards in schools either.  IMHO we need to nut up and accept some risk in life.  School shootings are tragic, but not every tragic incident calls for increasing prevention efforts. 

You are speaking sense. You should consider public office. It is just too bad that our current politicians follow a philosophy of, "Never let a good tragedy go to waste"
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Paul G on December 23, 2012, 01:46:03 PM

The brutal truth is that school shootings still do not happen very often.  And our options for doing more about it would all be clumsy, expensive, and not very effective.  

IMHO we don't need to ban guns, nor do we need more guns/guards in schools either.  IMHO we need to nut up and accept some risk in life.  School shootings are tragic, but not every tragic incident calls for increasing prevention efforts.  

You are speaking sense. You should consider public office. It is just too bad that our current politicians follow a philosophy of, "Never let a good tragedy go to waste"

I recall a conversation I had with someone many years ago that was very similar. They had said the world is getting so much worse, more wars, more mass shootings & more whackoloons like Jeffery Dahmer roaming among us. Well, truth is there were wars for as long as there have been people, & there were always sick & twisted killers. The difference now is the media's big race to cover it first & sensationalize it for ratings. Now the corporate media, with their huge & bloated overhead, has to compete with the reality show watching goober that wants 15 minutes of fame with 20 million hits on his youtube channel.

Couple of thousand years ago people started wares & killed each other over religious views. Same shit happens now with more coverage.

Nut job Vlad the Impaler liked to skewer people. Killed way more than all the modern serial killers combined, but the media would have you believe differently.

There's some damn good money in fear.    :eyes:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

flyinlow

IMHO we don't need to ban guns, nor do we need more guns/guards in schools either.  IMHO we need to nut up and accept some risk in life.  School shootings are tragic, but not every tragic incident calls for increasing prevention efforts. 

An unfortunate truth.

Most of my expertice is in technical areas , I find myself at a loss on how to understand why someone would do this? Bad upbringing, violence on TV, to many video games?
Maybe if more people had hobby's, they wouldn't go crazy like this.

TheGhost

Quote from: flyinlow on December 23, 2012, 03:55:43 PM

An unfortunate truth.

Most of my expertice is in technical areas , I find myself at a loss on how to understand why someone would do this? Bad upbringing, violence on TV, to many video games?
Maybe if more people had hobby's, they wouldn't go crazy like this.

Some people are just born broken.  Some people break later.  TV, video games, the media are not the cause, merely factors.  The cause is broken people.  And there is absolutely nothing we can do about that.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

AKcharger

Personally I with they would have renewed the Assult Weapon ban in 2004. It was utterly useless BUT it made people feel good and this wouldn't be as much of an issue (Think Columbine, that happened after the ban but Assult weapons were'nt to blame). Now I fear, they'll come up with another ban that may actually do damage

Mike DC

Science is discovering that a small portion of the population really is just untreatably evil.  Psychopathic + sadistic.  

It's probably not accurate to say they are 100% born that way.  But certain gene combinations can correlate over 80% with these kinds of serious psych issues.  

With that strong of a predisposition . . .  it's just too easy to get pushed over the edge too early in life.  By the time someone going down that path can be identified it's already too late to treat them.  

JB400

You bring up a good point.  As a species, we have taken away natural selection.  This could be our downfall.  It used to be that only the strong survive.  Now almost everyone survives.  We are not allowing our species to mutate like other species have.  Modern medicine is indeed a miracle, but really, should it be?

I do realize that this could and will offend some religious people.  My statement was made more on the belief of Darwinism which conflicts with the creation as stated in religious texts.  If I offend anyone, I'm sorry, but I'm an open book when it comes to science and beliefs and come up with my own conclusions. :2thumbs:

Paul G

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 24, 2012, 02:18:07 AM
You bring up a good point.  As a species, we have taken away natural selection.  This could be our downfall.  It used to be that only the strong survive.  Now almost everyone survives.  We are not allowing our species to mutate like other species have.  Modern medicine is indeed a miracle, but really, should it be?
I do realize that this could and will offend some religious people.  My statement was made more on the belief of Darwinism which conflicts with the creation as stated in religious texts.  If I offend anyone, I'm sorry, but I'm an open book when it comes to science and beliefs and come up with my own conclusions. :2thumbs:

This is a very good point. If you go back as little as 100 years ago, if someone did something that was against the law or worse the punishment was severe, or maybe the law was never involved and people eliminated the threat on there own. Today criminals get a slap on the wrist and out of the system they go.

skip68

No kidding.  We used to hang horse thieves.  There are certain people you just can't fix and they should not spend the rest of their life in jail/mental hospital either.  Blame the human rights folks for that.  I say if you do a unspeakable crime like an animal you should be treated like an animal.  You have no rights.  When animal control puts an aggressive or hurt dog down they call it the humane thing to do.  We've all heard the saying "keep him locked in a cage like an animal" right?  Truth is, we only lock up people for life not animals.   :rotz:  Murderers, child molesters and a few others should get the death penalty on first strike.  and it should be swift within 90 days. 

Paul G

The70RT

In Kansas high schools have security guards with guns. The Columbine High School in Colorado had security guards with guns. If the schools weren't raped when it came to a budget they could probably afford a guard in every school. It would help but not stop all determined nut cases. I believe this is about all we can do. As far as people suggesting in all teachers have guns now that's a real joke!
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

skip68

:cheers:  That was awesome Paul.    :2thumbs:   Chuck said it all.

mauve66

i just went out and bought my 1st weapon in 20 years due to the talk of banning them, i plan on buying at least 2 more in the next 60 days.  Just like the cold war, the best offense is a friggin awesome defense
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

bull

Quote from: The70RT on December 24, 2012, 10:51:20 AM
In Kansas high schools have security guards with guns. The Columbine High School in Colorado had security guards with guns. If the schools weren't raped when it came to a budget they could probably afford a guard in every school. It would help but not stop all determined nut cases. I believe this is about all we can do. As far as people suggesting in all teachers have guns now that's a real joke!

Raped? :smilielol: I don't know about your state but in our state school funding pulls 50% of the state's total tax income. If you took all the natural resources in the universe and converted it into cash it still wouldn't be enough to fund the public school system. They'd still be crying for more.

JB400

Quote from: bull on December 24, 2012, 11:29:27 AM
Quote from: The70RT on December 24, 2012, 10:51:20 AM

Raped? :smilielol: I don't know about your state but in our state school funding pulls 50% of the state's total tax income. If you took all the natural resources in the universe and converted it into cash it still wouldn't be enough to fund the public school system. They'd still be crying for more.
Ain't that the truth.  If you want my opinion, they need less money and use better money management.  Not everything is free, and civil services should have a better understanding of that.

skip68

Good for you Robert.   :2thumbs:   I think it's funny the commercial I saw with all these celebrities saying we shouldn't have guns when they don't live like the rest of us do.   ::)     When they get rid of their private security and leave their gates open to the public 24-7 then they can have a say so. 

The70RT

In our school district there has been a million dollar budget cut each year for the last few years. When people retire they hire temps with no benifits. The big wigs of course get their share. As long as I am employed by them I hope for more money to be put into the system. At least it's not a total waste of money since we give money to every other tom, dick & harry.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us