News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody see the NRA press conference this morning?

Started by skip68, December 21, 2012, 01:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Quote from: Back N Black on December 21, 2012, 10:02:55 PM
So, what happens when the next shooter takes out the armed guard and continues killing?
More guards? maybe a couple of sniper's on the roof? where does it end?  :shruggy:

It's worth a try, isn't it? It's a much more proactive solution than another feel-good/do-nothing ban.

Paul G

Quote from: Back N Black on December 21, 2012, 10:02:55 PM
So, what happens when the next shooter takes out the armed guard and continues killing?
More guards? maybe a couple of sniper's on the roof? where does it end?  :shruggy:

Yes where does it end. I think a better question is why does it begin? Why aren't we asking why this deranged person chose to slaughter little children at school. Find the answer to that question. The tool he used to commit such a heinous crime is irrelevant. We need to find out why a person would want to do it. Immediately blaming a fire arm is ridiculous.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

skip68

I'll tell you what, anything that buys time equals saved lives.  Maybe those that are against armed officers at schools are right.   We should do nothing except spend months getting stricter gun laws that won't have any effect on the millions of illegal guns out there.   ::)   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

FlatbackFanatic

Quote from: bull on December 21, 2012, 09:48:03 PM
Quote from: oldgold69 on December 21, 2012, 02:09:40 PM
in isreali schools they have m-16s in the principals office and the staff is trained to use them no problem there. can't do this here

Lots of people in Israel are packing. The place is surrounded by wackjobs and it's probably safer there than it is in Wyoming.

Is this how it would have to become here in the US??? I'd move to some other country if it does.
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Indygenerallee

Nope, just a Glock in a fobus holster under the blouse.  :icon_smile_big:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

skip68

I wish the people against guns could understand that these shooters are killing children of parents that own guns and those that don't.   You are a parent first and your beliefs on gun control comes after that.   If the water is dangerous and you know you can't make it safe overnight you don't let your children swim without protection.   I'm sorry but I can't stand ignorant people.   These are the same types that blame the police because they couldn't get there fast enough to help their helpless ass.   These are the type that would stand in their driveway listening to the gunshots from the school across the street.   Sure, they'll call 911 but that's it.  I'd grab my gun and be running to try and stop it.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

Sorry guys, but I'm getting pissed with these anti-gun pussy's.  They say get rid of guns then I say fine.    Pick a bad part of town in any city and go door to door demanding the illegal guns.   Go ahead!   They'll quickly say NO, that's not our job, we want you to do it or the government to do it.  This is a serious issue for serious people, either be part of the immediate solution or shut the f-up and get out of the way.    :flame: 
It just makes me sick that my country has all these pussy's in it.   What ever happened to men are men?   

Paul G

Quote from: skip68 on December 22, 2012, 02:04:10 AM
   :flame: 
It just makes me sick that my country has all these pussy's in it.   What ever happened to men are men?   

Maybe they are the 47% we heard so much about recently? It seems like people today want there noses wiped and Mommy to bring their meals to them while they sit on the couch killing each other in video games. When Mommy wont do it any more they want the Government to do it. Growing up and acting like a man who takes care of his own well being is just too much of a shock for these winy little takers we are raising today. When it comes time to grow up and be your own man they go berserk and start killing people for real. Could that be the problem?   

When I grew up things that I wanted I had to get on my own. Wanted a new bike, I had to work for it, at 16 a car, had to work. Mommy only wiped my nose for a little while, then I had to wipe my own, figuratively speaking. Go out in life and turn hard work in to a good life. Take care of your self, protect what is yours. What has happened to that type of up bringing?

I even see it the young guys I work with. Just a little direction and encouragement from and old guy like me seems to be a revelation to some of these kids. It is just common sense to work hard and save your money.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.

Paul G

Quote from: oldgold69 on December 21, 2012, 02:09:40 PM
in isreali schools they have m-16s in the principals office and the staff is trained to use them no problem there. can't do this here

Lots of people in Israel are packing. The place is surrounded by wackjobs and it's probably safer there than it is in Wyoming.

Hot chicks with guns! I like that!

Paul G

skip68

Paul, your states a gun friendly state right?    Not like CA correct?    Just curious what local gun & ammo sales are like.   It's been on our news they're up big time.   Any talk of tactical rifles being pulled off the shelf?   Just wondering.   

Todd Wilson

The problem with all this is not guns............its society as a whole.............the morals of this country have been on a downward spiral for the last 45 or so years. Its a giant snowball that is out of control. Its everything from parents to the media in all forms.............Back in the last century when I was a kid (70's)  TV was not like it was today. You may have some cops and robbers shoot outs but they werent very graphic in nature. Along comes cable tv and you have more channels to watch now but they were still clean and decent. After about 9pm at night if you had HBO and Showtime you might get a glimpse of some naked stuff...........now on tv anytime day or night you can flip the channel and see some very very wild things going on.  Music has seemed to get really out of control now............ Add to the fact that both parents (if both parents are still together) are working jobs to pay the bills now the kids find themselves on their own more then they were years ago. They tend to get into trouble more. I am not saying all broken homes produce bad kids but its been proven time and time again that a of problems kids have is due to the parenting of that kid. There are so many things a kid needs from parents as they grow up and most are simply not getting it.  Discipline is a big thing now adays. Cant spank your kid, cant do this cant do that. Thats child abuse.........well guess what............we now have a lot of kids out of control and screwed up and we are starting to see it...........They grow into young adults and before long they are in trouble............then 2 of them get together and have a kid and suddenly we are on 2nd generation of screwed up.................. Until this country straightens up its morals and values it will continue to get worse.

Todd

twodko

This entire anti-gun activist BS is just that BS! I've said it before and I'll say it until my last breath.......people kill people PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!! Cars don't kill people........pencils don't cause poor grammar or spelling..........donuts don't cause weight gain. It's people who kill people you freakin' asshat jack wagon "anti-gun" s**t for brains sheeple!
:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Back N Black

I just want to say ,that i don't agree with guns in school. Not to be tared with the same brush as been call an "anti-gun pussy". Little bit of background, 24 years in the Army and still serving. I put more bullets down range in a day, than most of you gunslinger's did in a lifetime and not at paper targets. To say guns are not an issue is ignoring the issue. People kill people like stated above and they use guns because they are the most effective means of committing murder, not automobiles,pencils or tennis rackets.  :Twocents:

Paul G

Quote from: skip68 on December 22, 2012, 12:27:27 PM
Paul, your states a gun friendly state right?    Not like CA correct?    Just curious what local gun & ammo sales are like.   It's been on our news they're up big time.   Any talk of tactical rifles being pulled off the shelf?   Just wondering.    

Absolutely a gun friendly state. Maybe a little over the top since they made concealed carry "not permit required". But I do feel safer here in Arizona than I did in Illinois. It just makes no sense to me how the libs think that all there gun laws are making life safer when the facts prove them wrong. Anti gun states have higher crime rates than gun friendly states. It is a fact.

Gun sales are over the top. Cabelas has lines through the store waiting to get to the gun counters. A buddy spent 2 hours there yesterday, bought five more guns. How many is enough?  :icon_smile_tongue: Tacticle rifles are what the "pres" is after. Small bites you know. After a while you will eat the whole cow, one small bite at a time. Talk of allowing unlimited ammo purchases, with a 500% tax on each bullet.  One small bite at a time.

Paul G

Quote from: Back N Black on December 22, 2012, 12:55:58 PM
I just want to say ,that i don't agree with guns in school. Not to be tared with the same brush as been call an "anti-gun pussy". Little bit of background, 24 years in the Army and still serving. I put more bullets down range in a day, than most of you gunslinger's did in a lifetime and not at paper targets. To say guns are not an issue is ignoring the issue. People kill people like stated above and they use guns because they are the most effective means of committing murder, not automobiles,pencils or tennis rackets.  :Twocents:

We cant forget what the 2nd ammendment was designed to do. It is there for our own protection from our own Government. People today think our Government would or could never turn on us, that it could not happen in this modern world. History will prove that wrong. Average Joe Citezen who can be fully armed under our constitution is what makes this country different from every other. When we relinquish that right, we are no more protected than pre war Germany. It is the responsibility of each citezen of this country to make sure our Government is doing the work of the people. The 2nd amendment is the "big stick" we carry.

F8-4life

I think todd wilson has it spot on. All this is just the effects of scewed world going back generations.. You simply reap what you sow, And people have dropped the ball. When horrific stuff like this happens, people will try to "figure" it out and place blame on whatever they see fit. They cant see passed their own existance really because they are in a way responsable aswell. I mean jeez, I can watch a episode of gunsmoke and learn more in an hour then I can sitting in school all day.

bull

Quote from: Back N Black on December 22, 2012, 12:55:58 PM

Well then I guess you could be asked the same question you asked on the bottom of page 1. Where does it end? You ban high capacity clips and "assault" weapons and the violence doesn't stop so they ban more, right? And when that doesn't stop it they ban more yet.

Actually, guns are not the most effective means of committing murder, at least not the mass murder incidents people are now responding to.

JB400

I still say that the gun manufactures should just quit making the high powered weapons and then the price of them will jump exponentially.  No need in outlawing them, just make them more expensive.  That way, only hardcore enthusiasts are more likely the only ones to have them. :Twocents:

skip68

Quote from: bull on December 21, 2012, 09:40:37 PM
We've got all these military reservists who are supposed to serve one week a year, right? Why not figure out a way to rotate those guys out to serve one week guarding a local school during the 43-week school year? I know there wouldn't be enough of them but it help share the workload and cost. We're already paying them. :shruggy:

This is one of the best ideas I've heard.   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:  

Back N Black, First off thank you for your service.   :cheers:   If you are against having some form of armed officers at our schools right now then what do you suggest?   :shruggy:   This is for you and anyone that is against armed officers at schools.   Come up with a better "IMMEDIATE" solution instead of saying no.   That's what should have been asked to the idiots that held banners at the press conference blaming the NRA. What can be done today that will be effective today?     Can anybody against guns answer that?      :shruggy:

Drache

1) Israel has a mandatory military service

2) Those girls are all soldiers

3) Even when off duty soldiers still have to carry their service rifle

Switzerland is one of the greatest for that though.

1) Mandatory military service

2) mandatory qualifications every year

3) Your service rifle stays at home

4) Even after you're done your mandatory military service and are discharged you still keep your service rifle for the rest of your life

Quote from: FlatbackFanatic on December 22, 2012, 12:17:57 AM
Is this how it would have to become here in the US??? I'd move to some other country if it does.

You realize that the amount of CCW holders in the US means it's pretty much already like that.

Quote from: Paul G on December 22, 2012, 11:28:02 AM
Hot chicks with guns! I like that!

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Old Moparz

I don't have an answer on fixing school safety, but I have an idea of what "I don't want" at a school. Since my wife has worked in several schools, she sees which ones have problems & which ones don't, as far as security. Two of the schools she's worked in have metal detectors & security guards manning them. One school enforces the simple rule that everyone goes through it. If it beeps you get searched, or have your bags & backpacks emptied. They've never had any violent incidents with weapons. The other school was more lenient, & many times the metal detectors were off, or the security guard wasn't there. This school had a fight between two students & one was stabbed with a knife that was brought in.

Security in this school district is provided by an outside, private company that is paid by the school district & based on the low bidder, just like the cafeteria where the food is supplied to the district. These are private firms where the number one goal is to turn a profit. Spend the least possible amount on what is needed to get the job done by the specifications in the contract to make a higher profit. Works good for most business models, but since when does the average parent feel that the safety & well being of their child should be compromised for saving a few bucks? Saving money means lack of training for security guards or the managers in charge. It also means lack of a decent wage, & more than likely, lack of brains. Add those together & you have the same qualifications that it takes to be the wal-mart greeter. (yeah, the kids will be soooo much safer this way)

Adding a police officer to each school isn't feasible even though it would be a better idea. The overall cost due to the number of schools there are would be astronomical. If this country can't pay for most of the crap we need now, where the hell is this money going to come from? On the surface, the suggestions of vets & retired cops sounds okay, but I doubt that will work. Who gets stationed at which school? What background check & training do they get? How do they get paid? Are they volunteers? Are they public or private sector employees?

No effin' way are you going to be able to get qualified ARMED personnel at minimum wage. I'd rather my kid go to school the way things are now then to have someone with a gun making the same pay as someone flipping burgers "protecting" her.   ::)

And no, I'm not anti gun so please don't make that assumption.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Paul G

I am all for freedom of speech, freedom of religion, the right to keep and bear arms. Have to have all of those. But what do we do when someone, or some group, or an entire industry takes these rights to an extreme that has a negative effect on our youth and our society? Vulgar, explicit violence and sex on TV, at the movies, and morbid acts in video games, drug use and sales as a way of life, pimping and gang land life, this is all a true denigration of the human condition, these things are all part of the  society we live in today and veiled in the freedom of speech. They are being used to deteriorate our way of life.

How do we counter these things without giving up our rights as a whole? Parenting is harder today than it has ever been. I really feel for people with young children.

bull