News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many of us are gun owners???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Started by skip68, December 18, 2012, 10:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many here are gun owners?

YES-forever
73 (73%)
NO-never
15 (15%)
Not yet but getting one
8 (8%)
Yes but getting rid of it (them)
4 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 10:48:07 PM

redmist

I have an inside on the Industry, and honestly it looks like we may have a fight coming up. I can tell you that local PD In my area is also stocking up for the same thing. They see it coming also.

Scary times folks.
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

Rolling_Thunder

Gor mt ARs, my Sigs, and my Glocks...     I'm not too worried...      oh - also about 15,000 rounds doesnt hurt.  :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bull

Quote from: John_Kunkel on January 03, 2013, 03:38:30 PM

Could it be because the "other guys" haven't been able to put up a viable candidate?  Many don't vote "for", they vote "against".

IMO, too many people today care too little about the overall good of the nation/constitution and instead short-sightedly vote for the candidate who promises the most freebees for them as individuals.

bull

So get this. That NY newspaper that published the names and addresses of local gun owners because the editorial staff supports strict gun laws now feels the need to hire armed guards to protect itself from potential retaliation. So now it's suddenly quite unclear whether they are anti-gun or not. Another utopian ideology falls victim to reality once the heat's turned up. :rotz: Hypocracy much? Nah, their protection is just more necessary than yours.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/02/news-journal-hires-armed-guards_n_2396998.html

skip68

No way.    It's like the old saying, "do as I say but not as I do"   

I tell you what, this gun talk is going to be a huge issue in the coming months I bet.   I can see some tense moments coming in the near future.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Tilar on January 03, 2013, 06:28:24 PM
Everybody votes against because neither side has had a viable candidate the last couple elections.

Actually, one side did have a viable candidate (if you're an ethnic minority or on welfare, etc) and that's who won. The demographics of those who favor the opposing side are in decline.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

cdr

Quote from: John_Kunkel on January 04, 2013, 01:36:30 PM
Everybody votes against because neither side has had a viable candidate the last couple elections.

Actually, one side did have a viable candidate (if you're an ethnic minority or on welfare, etc) and that's who won. The demographics of those who favor the opposing side are in decline.

:iagree: :iagree:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Drache

Just picked this bad boy up... should arrive in 4 weeks  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Olympic arms SGW Lower
Olympic arms barrel, 1-9 twist, stamped 5.56
Smith Enterprise Chromed Bolt Carrier
Magpul Pistol Grip
Magpul AFG Front Grip
Ace Skeleton Stock (Rock river Arms 6 position included)
Burris Speed Dot 1x35
Magpul Pmag

Now through talking with the owner the upper is also stamped DSA which is short for DS Arms. Very few have heard of this company here in Canada although they supposedly make really good uppers. They aren't registered with ITAR and thus their products like receivers are not allowed to be exported.

How it got into Canada... well who knows....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

skip68

Do you have to buy it in pieces, lower separate and have it shipped?   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Drache

Quote from: skip68 on January 08, 2013, 12:45:53 AM
Do you have to buy it in pieces, lower separate and have it shipped?  

Nope. Right now the BC Chief Firearms officer is being a bitch and what used to take 48 hours to approve a restricted firearm, is now taking 4 weeks. While the rest of Canada is still 48 hours....  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

But so far I found... that I'll be the only person to own a DSA upper in all of Canada!  :cheers:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

skip68

Drache

Quote from: skip68 on January 08, 2013, 01:07:00 AM
Sweet!    :cheers:

Until ATF and the RCMP come kicking down my door wanting to know who smuggled it into Canada  :angel:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

skip68

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

charger490

twodko

Speaking of weapons.........what would be the best semi-auto shotgun for the money. I can't afford thousands but I need to buy one. True semi-auto, load, cock once and fire with every trigger pull.
Remington 870?     Ithica?

Can you buy Dragon's Breath shells without a permit or ATF blessing?
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

stripedelete

Quote from: twodko on January 08, 2013, 04:07:50 PM
Speaking of weapons.........what would be the best semi-auto shotgun for the money. I can't afford thousands but I need to buy one. True semi-auto, load, cock once and fire with every trigger pull.

Can you buy Dragon's Breath shells without a permit or ATF blessing?

That would be the Remington 1100 (870 is pump).  I always liked that gun.  But do they make an 1100 anymore?  It might be the 11_ _ now.
Pick up barrel for hunting or trap if you get one.  They were a good all around semi auto.

bull

twodko

Hey Bull,

Wet up in your neck o' the woods? That is a nice shotgun, I also looked at the 870 tactical.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

greenpigs

I am thinking of selling a few..not because of uncle Sam but the all mighty $.

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

oldgold69

you thinking of an remington 1187  or the 1100 both good semi auto  an 870  mariner is cheap tactical you can hang alot of extras on

bull

Quote from: twodko on January 08, 2013, 07:26:36 PM
Hey Bull,

Wet up in your neck o' the woods? That is a nice shotgun, I also looked at the 870 tactical.

Yea, pretty much always wet here. Is the sky still blue?

TheGhost

Quote from: John_Kunkel on January 03, 2013, 03:38:30 PM

Could it be because the "other guys" haven't been able to put up a viable candidate?  Many don't vote "for", they vote "against".

Everybody votes against because neither side has had a viable candidate the last several elections.

There.  That's better.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Drache

Quote from: twodko on January 08, 2013, 04:07:50 PM

Browning A5 can be had fairly cheap
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire