News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have a pic of their glove box and fuse block "door"???

Started by Mfr426, February 11, 2006, 04:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Yep, more ridiculous questions from Mike R in Reading.

Here's the deal. I got a glove box liner from Paddock years (and I mean years) ago. I finally put it in and something does not seem right. I have a new fuse block from Moper as well that I installed. When I put the liner in little flap/door that is screwed on to cover the fuse block is not lined up so that you can see the fuse block when you open the flap? Actually, the door on the liner is more horizontal and the fuse block is more square?

When you open the fuse door that block should be lined up so that you can view the fuses correct? Any suggestions or thoughts would be great. My kingdom for a nice 69 Charger sitting next to my car for reference...

Thanks all!

Mike R in Reading PA
69 Charger SE

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mfr426

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yes.....yes it does but how many times you plan on "going deep"?

Hopefully once you put the car back together you'll never have to open the tomb
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Shakey

I have it torn apart now.  I think I have more pics at my office.

Mfr426

Thanks Shakey! Hey, that looks completely different than mine? Is that your 69? How do you replace a fuse?

Hey, are you related to "Shakey Productions"???

Mike

8WHEELER

You lay on your back, stick your head under the dash, a small flashlight would help, then pull the fuse out
and let it land in your eye  :icon_smile_big:  They make some cool little fuse pullers these days though.
Anyway you get to it under the dash gove box area.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Bandit72

Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Shakey

Yes that is my '69.

No relation to Shakey Productions - BTW, what do they produce?

I think Dan is right.  Change the fuse from beneath.

I'll look at my other pics when I get to work Tuesday.

Mfr426

Shakey Productions (something like that) is Neil Young's production company. I'm a big Neil fan.

On your back on the floor and at night on the side of the road with my wife saying "you HAD to get a muscle car". It all sounds so sweet...

:o

Just 6T9 CHGR

Is that the original one?......My repro has 2 phillips head screws that can be removed to gain access to the fuse block....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mfr426

That looks like the original to me-surface rust and everything...

I guess they really didn't want you to check the fuses via that door?

Shakey

Not sure if that is the original glove box liner or not.

I have a few pics of the dash torn apart but I don't think they will help you much.  Here they are anyways.

BTW, I too am a Neil Young fan.  My Father knew his Father (just through business) who was a sports writer for The Toronto Star (I think) way back when.

Harvest brings back a bunch of memories from the late '80's and early '90's.  Spent a lot of summer weekends at my buddies cottage 2 - 3 hrs North of Toronto.  Good background music for sitting around drinking on a Saturday afternoon.  It would mellow us all out, that and a couple of joints, and we'd all end up napping around 4:00 PM and be refreshed for Saturday night at the bars in Muskoka.  Picture a cottage on the lake with huge trees surrounding the property and about 4 - 6 hammocks scattered around the grounds.  One by one we would wander away from the table and find a spot to stretch out.  Mellow!  The calm before the storm!

resq302

Shakey,

Is your fuse box mounted so the fuses are facing the floor?  If I remember correctly, my fuse box was facing the inside of the glove box door so the fuses could be seen by looking at the fuse box through the glove box door. 

Also, my repro glove box has the two phillip head screws.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Mfr426

Saturdaynow that sounds like my kind of saturday night!!!!  :icon_smile_wink: I've seen Neil about 20 times since the early 80's. Those are the ONLY times I truly party anymore (nudge, nudge). Always loved the guy. If you have not gotten his new Prairie Wind DVD you need to get it. Watching him and his buddies jam is excellent. It's a great GREAT DVD!!! He's an incredible writer and musician. I play acoustic and that is about all I like to play (Neil music).

I think that fuse block is disconnected and just "sitting" in that picture and not bolted downward? Is that correct Shakey? All the blocks that I've seen are facing the glove box for access from the inside of the box itself.

Mike R

Shakey

Yes fellas, it is just laying in there.  I have a new wiring harness that I will be putting in soon.  The fuse box is held in place with one screw, IIRC.

Neil Young -   :apimp:    :thumbs:

JimShine

My '69 was like Shakey's and a previous owner removed the staples so the flap could be opened. The piece that the staple goes into is overlapped on top rather than behind and creates the 'flap' effect. Unfortunately when I was installinga  new radio, I removed the liner and it basically fell apart in my hands. My '68 is still buttoned up like Shakey's.