News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WTF !!!!Words can't describe,school shooting in Ct

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, December 14, 2012, 01:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richRTSE

I found all these quotes from various news sources after searching for a few minutes...the last one seems to make the most sense now...

QuoteThe gunman drove to the school in his mother's car, the second official said. Three guns were found — a Glock and a Sig Sauer, both pistols, inside the school, and a .223-caliber rifle in the back of a car.

QuoteOther law enforcement sources have identified the guns as a Bushmaster .223 rifle, a Glock 9-millimeter pistol and a Sig Sauer semiautomatic. It was unclear Saturday whether the Bushmaster was the "long gun" cited by Carver as the primary weapon in the attack. Law enforcement sources said the Bushmaster was recovered in the car, but Vance denied that assertion at a news conference.

QuoteNEWTOWN, Conn. -- All of the victims killed in the Connecticut elementary school shooting died from multiple wounds from a "long gun" rifle and are classified as homicides, the state's chief medical examiner said Saturday.

Quote(CNN) -- Adam Lanza brought three weapons inside Sandy Hook Elementary school on December 14 and left a fourth in his car, police said. Those weapons were a Bushmaster AR-15 rifle and two handguns -- a Glock 10 mm and a Sig Sauer 9 mm.

In the car he left a shotgun, about which police have offered no details. Lanza used one of the handguns to take his own life, although police haven't said whether the gun was the Glock or the Sig Sauer.

stripedelete

They should call it the "Nancy Lanza" Law.

What did this moron's to-do list look like? 

1, Bring assualt rifle and handguns into home
2. Have son committed

NEWTOWN, Conn. –  The gunman who slaughtered 20 children and six adults at a Connecticut elementary school may have snapped because his mother was planning to commit him to a psychiatric facility, according to a lifelong resident of the area who was familiar with the killer's family and several of the victims' families

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/18/fear-being-committed-may-have-caused-connecticut-madman-to-snap/?cmpid=prn_aol&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D247519

djcarguy

20 LITTLE KIDS 6 OR 7 YEARS OLD, SHOT 2,3 TIMES EACH AND LEFT TO BLEED OUT ??  AND SOME OF YOU WORRIED YOU CANT KEEP BUYING GUNS MADE FOR KILLING PEOPLE ONLY. RIGHT NOW IM SORRY TO SEE THE MIND SET AND COMMENTS BEING POSTTED AT A TIME OF GREAT LOSE AND SORROW IN OUR COUNTRY.............HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND TOO A BETTER NEW YEAR TO OUR FELLOW COUNTRYMEN AND THE CHILDREN THAT ALL WERE PUT BACK IN SCHOOL DAYS AFTER A SINKENING EVENT LIKE THIS..  ANY DEBATE ABOUT GUNS AND OR GOD WILL NOT BEE SOLVED HERE OR NOW AND WILL LIKLY NOT CHANGE ANYONES MIND SET HERE??   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: 25 ANGELS FOR THE INOSENT LOST A FEW DAYS AGO :'( :'( :Twocents: :Twocents:
Quote from: djcarguy on December 14, 2012, 06:07:16 PM
           Totally sickining and heart breaking.All my prayers and support and best wish to all the kids and familys. deepest sorrow and tears for familys that lost a loved one,i pray you have family and friend to help in this time of loss and sorrow.     pray for peace and strenght for all the kids and familys.

we had a school shooting in springfield,or. yrs ago .i was at work an my 2 sons were at school .first news was just un clear as to school,later said high school and my sons were  younger. the hell you go thru even a short time wondering ,stays with ya. this is just not excepttable any more and something has to be done about public shooting and the trama it causes.

the wife an i had allready lost one baby between our 2 sons,bout lost her after 2nd sons birth.that was it for me no more kids or risk,that was part of the later divorce,she wanted 3 kids no madder the risk.  may god keep us all :'( :'(. :angel: :angel:

Tilar

Quote from: stripedelete on December 18, 2012, 08:15:06 PM
Quote from: Tilar on December 18, 2012, 08:00:12 PM
Quote from: lisiecki1 on December 18, 2012, 05:20:41 PM
Quote from: TheGhost on December 18, 2012, 05:19:01 PM
The rifle was in the trunk of the car.  Only the pistols were used.  Unless it's changed again...

No kidding.  That's not how it was told the last time I heard about it.  Wow.  I hate the media.

I've heard it was in the trunk all along. Never have I heard that he had it with him.

Everyone was shot 3 to 11 times.  That averages out to 182 rounds.  Could he do it without the rifle?

Btw Tilar, today someone mentioned teachers in Texas can "carry" at school.  Is that accurate?

I know of one school 4 or 5 years ago one that changed board policy allowing teachers to carry. That was the first one in the nation. I think all of them should be allowed provided they've gone through an advanced gun safety course of some kind.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

richRTSE

I just searched for and found this article...I saw it scroll across the bottom of the screen on friday while watching all the news coverage on the terrible attack in Connecticut...

Beijing (CNN) -- Twenty-two primary school children were wounded in a knife attack Friday in central China, authorities said.

The attack took place at the entrance to the Chenpeng Village Primary School in Henan province, according to the public information department of Guangshan county, the area where the school is located. An adult was also wounded, it said.

Several of the children are in critical condition, the state-run website Chinanews.com said, citing local authorities.

Police say they have detained a suspect, a 36-year-old man from the village, state media reported.

Initial assessments suggest the man is mentally ill, Chinanews.com said, citing Guangshan authorities.

China was hit by a spate of knife and cleaver attacks that targeted school children in 2010.

A number of measures were introduced at the time, including increased security at schools across the country and a regulation requiring people to register with their national ID cards when buying large knives.

lisiecki1

Quote from: djcarguy on December 18, 2012, 11:13:07 PM
  20 LITTLE KIDS 6 OR 7 YEARS OLD, SHOT 2,3 TIMES EACH AND LEFT TO BLEED OUT ??  AND SOME OF YOU WORRIED YOU CANT KEEP BUYING GUNS MADE FOR KILLING PEOPLE ONLY. RIGHT NOW IM SORRY TO SEE THE MIND SET AND COMMENTS BEING POSTTED AT A TIME OF GREAT LOSE AND SORROW IN OUR COUNTRY.............HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND TOO A BETTER NEW YEAR TO OUR FELLOW COUNTRYMEN AND THE CHILDREN THAT ALL WERE PUT BACK IN SCHOOL DAYS AFTER A SINKENING EVENT LIKE THIS..  ANY DEBATE ABOUT GUNS AND OR GOD WILL NOT BEE SOLVED HERE OR NOW AND WILL LIKLY NOT CHANGE ANYONES MIND SET HERE??   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: 25 ANGELS FOR THE INOSENT LOST A FEW DAYS AGO :'( :'( :Twocents: :Twocents:
Quote from: djcarguy on December 14, 2012, 06:07:16 PM
           Totally sickining and heart breaking.All my prayers and support and best wish to all the kids and familys. deepest sorrow and tears for familys that lost a loved one,i pray you have family and friend to help in this time of loss and sorrow.     pray for peace and strenght for all the kids and familys.

we had a school shooting in springfield,or. yrs ago .i was at work an my 2 sons were at school .first news was just un clear as to school,later said high school and my sons were  younger. the hell you go thru even a short time wondering ,stays with ya. this is just not excepttable any more and something has to be done about public shooting and the trama it causes.

the wife an i had allready lost one baby between our 2 sons,bout lost her after 2nd sons birth.that was it for me no more kids or risk,that was part of the later divorce,she wanted 3 kids no madder the risk.  may god keep us all :'( :'(. :angel: :angel:

You can keep harping on the bleeding heart bandwagon but the point is; it's not the guns fault for the operators actions.  And yes, they are now working expeditiously on new gun ban legislation.

Did you campaign against fertilizer and fuel and rented box trucks when tim mcveigh killed 19 children under the age of 6, and wounded/killed over 800 others?

Did the assault weapons ban, which was in full swing by the time it happened, stop klebold and harris in 1999?
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

lisiecki1

I don't want my posts in this thread to be misconstrued as me not caring about what happened.

It is a travesty.  It is very very sad. 

However, the powers that be are going to use this heart wrenching situation as an opportunity to trample even further on the rights of the American public.  Their "solutions" are not going to solve this problem.  They haven't in the past, and they won't in the future.

bull

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 16, 2012, 09:19:16 PM
Make it so NO scumbag could ever get a AK-47 ( or any semi to full automatic rapid fired weapon )... Assault rifles like this have no business being in civilian hands.... If you don't make it available, they won't use it.....  people can still go hunting with their regular rifles and/or bows...... I'm all for the 2nd amendment, but I seriously doubt our founding fathers would have ever envisioned such weaponry and carnage that's becoming a "normal" part of our society. I really think we need their wisdom again.........

I think the Founding Fathers would be more upset to discover how outgunned the citizenry has become.

But anyway, how far down this road do you want to go? How many things to you want the federal government to decide you need or don't need? Our Chargers are on the short list too you know. Dangerous, fast, loud and polluting. You and any other occupants stand a much greater chance of getting seriously hurt or killed in a crash compared to a newer vehicle. They waste precious resources, have no air bags or ABS, inadequate restraint devices, poor steering and suspension, etc. Would you favor of getting rid of "old" cars because they are unnecessary and some people don't use them properly? We won't get rid of all cars of course because the newer, government-approved cars are safer, cleaner, less powerful and more environmentally friendly. But we don't "need" project or collector cars. We don't use them to take our kids to school or go to work or haul products from point A to point B. They really have no business being on the road at all. They are completely unnecessary.

skip68

Sorry but most these shootings DIDN'T need tactical guns with large clips to achieve the same body count.  I heard 3 to 11 shots per victim...that's overkill.    Waste of time and waste of bullets.  Thank God Biden is going to fix the problem.    :icon_smile_wink:   I agree something needs to be done that really makes sense and will have results.   I hate to say it but we will still see this kind of deadly crap with regular guns or other weapons.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

lisiecki1

Quote from: skip68 on December 19, 2012, 02:17:13 PM
Sorry but most these shootings DIDN'T need tactical guns with large clips to achieve the same body count.  I heard 3 to 11 shots per victim...that's overkill.    Waste of time and waste of bullets.  Thank God Biden is going to fix the problem.    :icon_smile_wink:   I agree something needs to be done that really makes sense and will have results.   I hate to say it but we will still see this kind of deadly crap with regular guns or other weapons.   

I've heard this also, but I don't believe it.  I haven't been able to verify it thus far, therefore, I'm sticking to the "half of what you see, none of what you hear" method.

skip68

That figure of 3 to 11 shots per victim came from the chief medical examiner.  The majority of the bodies had more than three shots in them.   :rotz:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

bull

I hate to say it but we will still see this kind of deadly crap with regular guns or other weapons.   

Which will inspire the feds to push for more far-reaching gun bans. Gun control is an agenda-based ideology, not one based on prevention, so they will be pushing it as far as they can.

lisiecki1

Quote from: skip68 on December 19, 2012, 02:34:28 PM
That figure of 3 to 11 shots per victim came from the chief medical examiner.  The majority of the bodies had more than three shots in them.   :rotz:

link?

Tilar

Quote from: Dino on December 18, 2012, 04:34:02 PM
If you want to talk guns and rights, abortion (seriously Tilar, you couldn't leave that for another place?)

6 of one, a half dozen of the other. The outcome is the same regardless of what color you try to paint it.
Dave  

Tilar

Quote from: Tilar on December 19, 2012, 05:10:55 AM
Quote from: stripedelete on December 18, 2012, 08:15:06 PM
Quote from: Tilar on December 18, 2012, 08:00:12 PM
Quote from: lisiecki1 on December 18, 2012, 05:20:41 PM
Quote from: TheGhost on December 18, 2012, 05:19:01 PM
The rifle was in the trunk of the car.  Only the pistols were used.  Unless it's changed again...

No kidding.  That's not how it was told the last time I heard about it.  Wow.  I hate the media.

I've heard it was in the trunk all along. Never have I heard that he had it with him.

Everyone was shot 3 to 11 times.  That averages out to 182 rounds.  Could he do it without the rifle?

Btw Tilar, today someone mentioned teachers in Texas can "carry" at school.  Is that accurate?

I know of one school 4 or 5 years ago one that changed board policy allowing teachers to carry. That was the first one in the nation. I think all of them should be allowed provided they've gone through an advanced gun safety course of some kind.

http://video.wmfd.com/previews/DQdXaEmk-RBCFdLWb  Funny we talked about this, this morning. Here is a video of them checking in on that very school.
Dave  

skip68

I think it was on CNN?   I watched it live on TV.   :rotz:  
Just makes you wonder what kind of a monster could do something like this to innocent children?    :flame:   Almost like a rage of anger.   How can you stop someone like that?  You can't.  They will do whatever they can to inflict their rage on the innocent.   They must be stopped before they put their plan in motion whether it be a gun, bomb or any other type of weapon of destruction.  This is the real issue and what we need to be looking at.  As long as there are these type of people that will carry out mass murders or terrorism we are all at risk.   Maybe it's just me?    I'm not looking for a band aid like politicians talking gun control to appease some people that believe that will fix the problem so they sleep better at night until the next mass murder.   I want to hear what they plan on doing to get these killers before they strike again.  Remember, the killers are still amongst us, planning.      

chargerboy69

Quote from: bull on December 19, 2012, 02:39:26 PM
I hate to say it but we will still see this kind of deadly crap with regular guns or other weapons.   

Which will inspire the feds to push for more far-reaching gun bans. Gun control is an agenda-based ideology, not one based on prevention, so they will be pushing it as far as they can.

And as fast as they can.  They need to strike while emotions are high.

As Rahm Emanuel said, never let a good crisis go to waste.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

skip68

You're 100% correct chargerboy.   Because that's what people want to hear.  There are people that really believe that making it harder or impossible for that killer to get a gun means he wouldn't release his rage.    :eyes:

skip68

You mark my words .....I will not be surprised if they get info from his computer that has more than one plan.   I'm guessing the guns was plan A.  Or just the easiest since Mom had them.    I'm sorry, but get him before he gets me is my attitude.   I wouldn't want to live within 1000 miles of that son of a bitch even with the best gun laws in the world.   Because sooner or later that son of a bitch is gonna get his hands on a weapon or bomb.   

TheGhost

It takes a special kind of sicko to shoot a 6 year old multiple times.  This guy was above and beyond that.  Not even banning every type of weapon known to man would have stopped him from doing something like this.

Hindsight is not always 20/20...
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

djcarguy

Quote from: skip68 on December 19, 2012, 02:34:28 PM

i saw an heard MEDICAL EXAM.GUY STATE MULITPUL 2,3 OR MORE IN EACH VICTIM....................

HE TOOK 2 PISTOLS AN A SEMI AUTO LONG GUN IN SCHOOL AND HAD ANOTHER RIFLE  IN MOMMY'S CAR WAITTING BY SCHOOL DOORS;;;;;;;;;;;;;; 
             :shruggy: :shruggy: :Twocents:MODERATOR ,,,,,CAN YOU PLEASE BLOCK ME FROM THIS THREAD ,,,,,,OR THIS THREAD FROM ME,,,,BEFORE I SAY THINGS THAT GET BE BANNED FROM SITE,,,PLEASE??????  SEREUSLY  THANKS... IVE HAD TO SHUT OFF TV TO AVOID ALL THE COVERAGE AND CAME ON HERE TO AVOID THE STRESS AND DEPRESSING NEWS . ALLREADY DEPRESSED THIS IS NOT HELPING ME ,,,THANKS GOODBYE :Twocents:

Tilar

Quote from: djcarguy on December 19, 2012, 07:19:54 PM
MODERATOR ,,,,,CAN YOU PLEASE BLOCK ME FROM THIS THREAD ,,,,,,OR THIS THREAD FROM ME,,,,BEFORE I SAY THINGS THAT GET BE BANNED FROM SITE,,,PLEASE??????  SEREUSLY  THANKS... IVE HAD TO SHUT OFF TV TO AVOID ALL THE COVERAGE AND CAME ON HERE TO AVOID THE STRESS AND DEPRESSING NEWS . ALLREADY DEPRESSED THIS IS NOT HELPING ME ,,,THANKS GOODBYE :Twocents:

Umm, Don't click the link?   :shruggy: 
Dave  

djcarguy

I postED on first page when it was sorrow and cancern for loss of life.... then avoided it for days till tues day evening i felt better . saw pages of replys so i looked and was shocked at comments and diretion of post so i made the mistake of reposting.. i think loss of life ,,as in kids is the most outrages crime.

have lost 2 babys and guess i havnt ever totally dealt or recovered from it...
       have lost several family and friends to guns,,""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""...

I WILL NOT POST AGAIN  ON THREAD,  SORRY FOR MY OPIONION .

Indygenerallee

djcarguy, sorry but even if all the guns in the world were taken and demolished there would still be horrific murders every day. It's terrible what happened and I hope it never happens again but as they say "never say never" You must be prepared in that situation and if you don't protect yourself who will!?
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Tilar

djcarguy, Sorry to hear of your family and friends but don't blame the gun, blame the person that chose that means. And don't apologise for your opinion, that is what discussions like this is all about.

Look, Nobody likes the fact that this idiot killed those babies, I don't like the fact that people kill their babies everyday through abortion and someone called me out on it. I guess if they used a gun instead of other means would that change their opinion of it?
Dave