News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WTF !!!!Words can't describe,school shooting in Ct

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, December 14, 2012, 01:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunfire69

71 green I was just going to post that...the media doesn't report these sounds like there is a benifit to having some people carry guns....

moparstuart

Quote from: skip68 on December 18, 2012, 10:57:31 AM
:o OMG!  Those WBC people are frickin nut jobs....   These religious fanatics (cults) are the very ones that kill in the name of God.   I hope to God that the authorities are watching these nuts.   They said Carrie Underwood has the blood on her hands and is responsible for the death of all these children because she is in favor of gay marriage.    :rofl: :slap: :o   These people are CRAZY!  
those nuts jobs are right over in Topeka  ,  maybe dennis knows then :)

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Cooter

True power is not in reporting the truth, but in reporting misinformation and getting the whole world to follow along.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bull

Quote from: sunfire69 on December 18, 2012, 09:36:48 AM
Don't worry Ghost..the hackers "anonymous" hacked their site and posted all of their names, addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers...so everybody can now contact them directely...no more hiding behind the internet

Finally! A computer hack job that does something positive. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to condone this type of behavior but there's definitely a large element of justice in it. Like Ralphy pounding the snot out of Scut Farkus.

skip68

:iagree:   Lets see how they like their privicy invaded.  These types do mass suicides. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

lisiecki1

Quote from: skip68 on December 18, 2012, 01:14:33 PM
:iagree:   Lets see how they like their privicy invaded.  These types do mass suicides. 

We can only hope.

I'm sorry, Lord.  :angel:
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

TheGhost

Quote from: lisiecki1 on December 18, 2012, 01:18:24 PM
Quote from: skip68 on December 18, 2012, 01:14:33 PM

We can only hope.

I'm sorry, Lord.  :angel:

I'm not.

Let 'em burn.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

hemi68charger

Quote from: chargerboy69 on December 17, 2012, 10:11:25 PM
...  When does the the erosion of our second amendment end?

When enough people are killed via senseless acts with socially inappropriate tools of destruction. Everyone gives up a sense of freedom every day... There are countless people that want to drive faster than the speed limit, but don't. There are countless numbers of people that want to smoke pot or take drugs, but don't (oh wait, drugs are one of those things that are regulated and accepted by the citizentry). There is a deeper moral issue here........ You are 100% correct, you can own as many dang automatic and semi-automatic guns you want. (Man, I'd get busted bigtime having a pot plant in my back yard). Sooo, as long as the law of the land , as established and interpreted by the Supreme Court , is what it is today, that is the rule/law. The 2nd Amendment states: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.". Over the history of the Nation, the Supreme Court has ruled in favor of both theories of what the Founding Fathers envisioned: 1. Individual rights to bare arms or the collective protection if the States ( militia ). From my point of view, I believe the intention of the 2nd Amendment was to make available an armed militia (State National Guard) to protect itself from National policy ( can you say Syria? ).

So, let's just make more and more AK's and M4 (just examples) to sell at our local convention centers and hope they don't end up in the wrong hands......  Let's see what other people can come up with...........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

TheGhost

Tell me again how many children were killed by an assault rifle on friday?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

lisiecki1

Quote from: TheGhost on December 18, 2012, 01:52:29 PM

Zero.  There is no such thing as an assault rifle.

Assault is an act, not a thing.

Those people were assaulted by an asshole with a rifle.

Tilar

I'll bet a paycheck the number is a lot less than were killed by abortion.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

69 OUR/TEA

My kids just got home,they said police guarding their schools now.

TheGhost

Quote from: lisiecki1 on December 18, 2012, 02:42:45 PM

No, those people were killed by an asshole with a couple of pistols.

Dino

Time to lock this thing, there's more bs here than on a farmer's field.  Nice job remembering those who died folks, as usual your opinions matter more than anything else...

The crap you guys write sometimes...unbelievable.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

lisiecki1

Quote from: TheGhost on December 18, 2012, 04:12:40 PM

The last I had seen on the news it was 2 pistols and a bushmaster .223.

Quote from: Dino on December 18, 2012, 04:16:41 PM
Time to lock this thing, there's more bs here than on a farmer's field.  Nice job remembering those who died folks, as usual your opinions matter more than anything else...

I have seen nothing in this thread that told me the intention was a "remembrance" thread.  If that was the intention then I apologize.  Perhaps putting remembrance in the title or something would be a better idea.....

Dino

Quote from: lisiecki1 on December 18, 2012, 04:28:48 PM

I have seen nothing in this thread that told me the intention was a "remembrance" thread.  If that was the intention then I apologize.  Perhaps putting remembrance in the title or something would be a better idea.....

I'm not aiming this at one person, as always it snowballed into what should not have been.

After what happened, what else can we do but treat it as a remembrance?  Even those threads that clearly are designated as such get the bs moving in, some people here just can't do without.

It SHOULD be treated as a remembrance,  If you want to talk guns and rights, abortion (seriously Tilar, you couldn't leave that for another place?) either go to a website made for that stuff or if you really really have to do it here, start a seperate thread.  Mods are rolling their eyes now btw, best to leave it for a non Charger site.

Don't get me wrong, we all have the right to talk about what we want and I encourage everyone to practice that right, but be aware of where you are.  There's a time and place for everything.  At this time, in this place, remember those who died and those left behind, that's all.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

lisiecki1

I'm not aiming this at one person, as always it snowballed into what should not have been.

After what happened, what else can we do but treat it as a remembrance?  Even those threads that clearly are designated as such get the bs moving in, some people here just can't do without.

It SHOULD be treated as a remembrance,  If you want to talk guns and rights, abortion (seriously Tilar, you couldn't leave that for another place?) either go to a website made for that stuff or if you really really have to do it here, start a seperate thread.  Mods are rolling their eyes now btw, best to leave it for a non Charger site.

Don't get me wrong, we all have the right to talk about what we want and I encourage everyone to practice that right, but be aware of where you are.  There's a time and place for everything.  At this time, in this place, remember those who died and those left behind, that's all.

I stand by my statement that the intention should have been made clear.  You say another thread should have been started.  Why not start a remembrance thread?

Time and place for everything?  This is not a memorial site.  Perhaps the entire thread should have been left to a non-charger site?

-Just saying....there's two sides to every coin.

TheGhost

The rifle was in the trunk of the car.  Only the pistols were used.  Unless it's changed again...

lisiecki1

Quote from: TheGhost on December 18, 2012, 05:19:01 PM

The rifle was in the trunk of the car.  Only the pistols were used.  Unless it's changed again...

No kidding.  That's not how it was told the last time I heard about it.  Wow.  I hate the media.

Back N Black

Don't shoot the messenger, i think this is an interesting article.

We can't stop the creation of violent people. What can be stopped, however, is the rate at which mentally ill people are able to get their hands on deadly weapons.
It is way too easy to get a gun. Unless you have an outstanding criminal record or are somewhere in the ballpark of mentally retarded, you are 100% allowed to purchase a pistol or rifle if you so choose. Adam Lanza's mother bought rifles because she was afraid of the effect the economic crisis would have on her own safety and livelihood.

Imagine if you were working at a store that sold guns, and a customer told you that the reason he or she wanted to have a gun was just in case we have to fight for our food, tools of survival and shelter sometime in the near future. Would you sell a gun to someone who is stupid enough to believe that this is actually going to happen? It's hard to believe that somebody this stupid was deemed sane enough to own a gun.
Hicks are afraid that Barack Obama is going to take their guns away. Obama has never said or done anything to give them this impression, yet they are racist and ignorant enough to believe that this is the case. The same people who believe that our President is an Islamic fundamentalist own guns in this country. Does this answer the question of whether or not the right people are being sold guns in America yet?
Now, we are never going to be able to abolish the right to own a gun because way too many American people still believe that they need guns for various reasons. The explanations for these reasons don't have much validity behind them, but there are just too many Americans who cherish the idea of owning a gun for the government to make them illegal to own or purchase.
The rebuttal to the argument of guns being made illegal is the fact that guns are being manufactured and sold in the black market all the time. Does the government try to minimize the success of this system? Maybe. Do they actually try to wipe it off the face of the earth so it is impossible to run let alone reform? Not at all.
Think of how much of an effort the United States government makes to catch online predators or raid marijuana dealers. Imagine how much safer America would be if the federal government devoted this much attention to infiltrating illegal gun sales and taking guns away from those who aren't fit to own such a dangerous machine.
This is why gun control is nowhere near as strict or concentrated as it should be, because we are dedicating too much time and effort trying to prevent crimes that don't have anywhere near as negative of an impact on society as mass shootings or any act of violence involving guns.
There's no question that something has to be done, that the United States government needs to greatly increase the rate at which they take guns from people who shouldn't own or sell them. Even if we just took the attention marijuana distributors and illegal aliens get from the government and gave that same devotion to those who have ties with illegal gun sales, it's hard to deny that this would be a much less violent country.
Let's take all of the work the government does to deport undocumented workers and imprison marijuana salesman and put it towards tracking down people who shouldn't own or sell guns but still do because no one has tried to stop them. The government has not done anything like this, and look how many horrific acts of violence are being committed all over America, where you can have a gun but you can't have a joint.

Sean Levinson | Elite.

Tilar

Quote from: lisiecki1 on December 18, 2012, 05:20:41 PM

No kidding.  That's not how it was told the last time I heard about it.  Wow.  I hate the media.

I've heard it was in the trunk all along. Never have I heard that he had it with him.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Indygenerallee

250 million guns in circulation now and you think a gun ban will stop murders? The anti-gun folks are off their rockers. Making guns harder to get will not solve any problem we have now. I like how the liberal media did not mention the shooting in the movie theater the other day where the perpetrator was killed by a cop in the theater and undoubtedly saved countless lives doing so! But wait that would be painting guns in a good light. DON'T WANNA DO THAT!!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

stripedelete

Quote from: Tilar on December 18, 2012, 08:00:12 PM
Quote from: lisiecki1 on December 18, 2012, 05:20:41 PM
The rifle was in the trunk of the car.  Only the pistols were used.  Unless it's changed again...

No kidding.  That's not how it was told the last time I heard about it.  Wow.  I hate the media.

I've heard it was in the trunk all along. Never have I heard that he had it with him.

Everyone was shot 3 to 11 times.  That averages out to 182 rounds.  Could he do it without the rifle?

Btw Tilar, today someone mentioned teachers in Texas can "carry" at school.  Is that accurate?

NHCharger

The latest I heard. all victims were killed with the Bushmaster 223. He had two pistols on him, one he used to kill himself, and he left a shotgun in his Mom's car.
The police are being very guarded on the information they release so the media is throwing out stories and see which one's stick to the wall. The State Police had to assign a trooper to each victims family to ensure their privacy.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

bull

The ease or difficulty by which mentally disturbed people can get their hands on weapons and ammo is not a valid argument IMO. In many cases these attacks were carried out after long term planning by people without criminal records. IIRC the Virginia Tech and Colorado theater murderers purchased their weapons and gear over a period of months and planned far in advance, so short of an all-out jack-booted elimination of all guns these people will still be able get their hands on some sort of weapons. I believe it was the Colorado attacker who wired his apartment with a bomb too so obviously he could have gone that route in the movie theater.

I'm sure you remember Tomothy McVeigh who made a single explosion that killed 168 people, including 19 children in a day care, and injured 800 more using fertilizer and fuel instead of a gun. Ban every gun you can find and murderers will still find a way to kill because that's what murderers do. It's a morbid choice to make but I think I'd much rather see a body count of 2 at Clackamas Town Center instead of 168. There were 10,000 people in the mall that day so it could have been much worse. Pick your poison. This puke in CT did not use a rifle or "assault weapon" (as the media has decided to call everything that's not a hand gun) did he? There still seems to be no real hard facts but last I heard he used a pair of 9mm hand guns so Dianne Feinstein's idiotic bill will not even touch the issue. Even if he used the .223 it still won't matter because she and her similar ilk are simply pushing an agenda on the backs of 20 dead children. Like Rahm Emanuel says, "No crisis should go to waste."

Anyway, the long and short of it is that only law-abiding citizens obey laws, correct? It's already illegal to murder people so attempting to regulate how they kill people is a waste of time and resources. Laws only effect law-abiding citizens.