News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

starting car with no dash

Started by Canadian1968, December 13, 2012, 09:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian1968

So i am going to be pulling my dash out to do a resto on it. I would still like to be able to start the car with the dash out. Do i just need to connect the wires that usually go to the ammeter, and connect them together??? Or would that cause problems???

johnnyseville

That is exactly what you do, but make sure you tape them real good, they are HOT
too many to list!

mhinders

I did it this way...  ;D
Martin
Dodge Charger 1967, 512 cui, E85, MegaSquirt MS3X sequential ignition and injection

W4ATL

Quote from: Canadian1968 on December 13, 2012, 09:44:30 PM
So i am going to be pulling my dash out to do a resto on it. I would still like to be able to start the car with the dash out. Do i just need to connect the wires that usually go to the ammeter, and connect them together??? Or would that cause problems???

Use a bolt and nut to connect the two ammeter connectors together and put tape around them so they don't short to metal anywhere. It should crank up fine.