News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stupid Question but what type of screws hold in the glove box???

Started by Mfr426, February 11, 2006, 07:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Hello all! My car has been in the resto process for so long that I cant remember what type of screws are used to hold in the new cardboard glove box???? These are the screws that go all the way around the box that you access from inside. I have the screws for the spring hinge that holds the box door and they have a serated washer on them. Are the ones that hold the actual box the same?

For those of you that are beginning your restoration you can learn from some of my mistakes. TAKE MORE PHOTOS OF YOUR ORGINAL CAR THEN YOU THINK YOU'LL NEED.

If nothing else, I can serve as a bad example... ::)

Thanks all for any help.

Mike R in Reading PA

bill440rt

Mike,
They were just regular Phillips cad plated screws, about 1/2" long. They are similar in shape to the glove box screws, only without the serrated washer & smaller.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Mfr426

Hey thanks for the reply Bill!

I'm sure I have tons of them in my spare parts box. Now I know what to look for.

Thanks...

Mike R in Reading PA

bill440rt

No prob, Mike. I'm sure you know which screws I'm talking about. They're fairly common.
Good Luck!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T