News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is your top 12 Charger movie list - for the Charger movie calendar

Started by bull, December 04, 2012, 12:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I'm trying to boil this down to 12 of the most mainstream movies where the starring or co-starring car, no matter how much it's shown, is a Charger. Here's my list, in no particular order of importance:

Death Proof
Fast and Furious series
Blade series
DOH movie
Christine
DMCL
Bullitt
Joe Dirt
Big Fish
Drive Angry

I don't have 12 yet because I can't really come up with many more mainstream flicks, and I feel as though I'm missing something. Also I'd like to know what you guys consider the most prominant 3rd gen movie Charger, if any.

JB400

There was a list of movie chargers on here somewhere about a month ago.

Here is the thread

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95641.0.html

Vanishing Point is not on your list

bull

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 04, 2012, 01:01:18 AM
Vanishing Point is not on your list

The new one? I might do that one but I'm kind of on the fence about it since the Charger isn't in it much.

I can find a list on imcdb.com but I want a list of what is considered prominant, or most popular, Charger movies by the members of this site. Not just a list of every film or tv show with a 3-second clip that contains a Charger.

Ghoste

Its a tough one Bull.  There are plenty of caeos but few starring roles.  Banshee comes to mind but few have heard of the film.  The Hi-Riders would also fall into that category.  Bad Georgia Road has a Charger in it a fair bunch of time but again an pretty insignificant movie.

FC7 V code

Not really a movie car I guess, but a third gen is/was fairly prominent in the USA network TV series "Burn Notice".
1968 Chrysler 300
1969 Charger
1969 Charger RT/SE
1970 Charger RT/SE
1970 Cuda AAR
1970 Challenger SE
1970 Roadrunner
1982 Trans Am

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: FC7 V code on December 04, 2012, 05:19:06 AM
Not really a movie car I guess, but a third gen is/was fairly prominent in the USA network TV series "Burn Notice".

great show right there and the charger was a bonus....

bull

I'm probably going to do the new Vanishing Point and then look into Cannonball. Or try harder to find a third gen with more than 10 seconds of face time in a movie.

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Fred on December 04, 2012, 06:10:22 PM
Quote from: Lennard on December 04, 2012, 12:17:28 PM
http://www.finishlinemovie.com/

I've had that movie for years and love it just because of all the terrific cars in it.  :2thumbs:

Not too bad of a flick imho, but it is a low budget one thats for sure.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ghoste

Yeah, someone told me it was a car club that made it as a self indulgent fun thing.  Great cars though.

Lennard

Quote from: Ghoste on December 04, 2012, 07:20:34 PM
Yeah, someone told me it was a car club that made it as a self indulgent fun thing.  Great cars though.
It's filmed in Clovis and Fresno California and the cars are from the car club members in that area.

Ghoste

So the cast wern't in the car club then, they were paid actors?  What about the production overall, was it a professionally created thing or what exactly?

resq302

I agree with the TV show "Burn Notice" charger.  Great show too!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

gone in 60 seconds and man on fire also have chargers in them.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

bull

Quote from: 41husk on December 05, 2012, 10:36:58 AM
gone in 60 seconds and man on fire also have chargers in them.

I tried finding one, or more than one usable photo of those cars and it just wasn't happening. I also tried for probably 45 minutes last night to get the Vampire in Brooklyn '71 to work with no luck. If I had it on DVD I could get some nice screen grabs but crappy youtube video just doesn't cut it.

Quote from: moparstuart on December 05, 2012, 10:11:01 AM
Quote from: resq302 on December 05, 2012, 07:19:57 AM
I agree with the TV show "Burn Notice" charger.  Great show too!

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Ah, not too hip on that idea. 11 months worth of movies and one TV show? Kinda cheesy in my book but it's a good plan B.

VegasCharger

Quote from: bull on December 04, 2012, 11:02:25 AM
I'm probably going to do the new Vanishing Point and then look into Cannonball. Or try harder to find a third gen with more than 10 seconds of face time in a movie.

"Wheels of Terror" 1990 USA network      '73 or '74 Dodge Charger

bull

Yea, I mulled that one over for a long time too and just couldn't do it because of the extreme design change to the front end. But, this morning I found one I think will work, and I'm sure it's no less obscure than Wheels of Terror. You've probably never heard of this Jim Brown blacksploitation movie but there's a 3rd gen in it that gets lots of screen time: Slaughter's Big Rip-Off from 1973. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070706/

At any rate, these calendars are easily changed by any of you guys who register with Shutterfly. Once you are registered you can modify and purchase any one of them. Be sure to keep an eye out for sales. The typical sale they advertise is free shipping.

I'm all done for this year. The Charger Movie Stars calendar link will be up in a little bit.

Lennard

Quote from: Ghoste on December 05, 2012, 06:25:22 AM
So the cast wern't in the car club then, they were paid actors?  What about the production overall, was it a professionally created thing or what exactly?
I have no clue, maybe you can find that info on Google?

Ghoste

Sorry I thought maybe you had a firsthand knowledge of the film.  You know, friends with someone in the car club or something. 

Aussie_Charger

Original gone in 60 seconds during final chase he drives passed a lot of parked chargers

remake has a superbird in the background when they're at the docks

that's about all i can contribute sorry
Chrysler and Nissan have one thing in common, they get banned for winning races

Charger-Bodie

I think if you could get a still shot of those charger from gone in60 ,that would be a way cool last month for this calender. Like they are extras in a movie just waiting for the op. To get in there.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Aussie_Charger

richard hammond's own dodge charger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Ey0_DssuU

original gone in 60 seconds;
i could only get 1 clear screenshot picture off youtube, few others turned out to resemble the shape but actually not, or just too blurry being parked in the background

1968 dodge charger

superbird in gone in 60 seconds remake

Chrysler and Nissan have one thing in common, they get banned for winning races