News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cuda Ken Blowen 440 Up dated PIC

Started by cudaken, August 05, 2005, 09:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

I had a good day today and when I got home the Temp was pleasent. So I open the garage door and took some more PIC.

Mini starter should be in Sat, then with Allen's help off to the exhaust shop then it is break in time.

First PIC is not very good, but it is a cool one, it is my view from inside the Charger. Hope it inspries other's to for fill there dream's like I am doing.

Cuda Ken
I am back

cudaken

Got to love seeing Miss Lumpy in that PIC, my beloved 68 Runner that I have owned for 33 years. Blowen 440 should be in her, but need's to be redone and the Charger is fresh.

This is a far PIC of the Driver side. Not a bad looking Charger when you know it broke in half from rust.

Cuda Ken
I am back

cudaken

A closer PIC of Driver side. If there is any Audophile's looking at the PIC, note the Dahlquist DQ 10 speakers and KEF Q75.2's. Some times I don't know what I am more proud of, the Charger or the stereo gear. Speaker's are powered by what in gear head term's 2 blowen 440's 20% over driven on the MIX (nintro)! Adcom Mono Blocks AMP's at 600 Watt's 8 @ OHM Load and 1250 Watt's at a 4 OHM Load.

Back to the Charger.

Hum, if I had not got hooked on the Audiopile Gear, Charger would be done.

Either by Mopar or Stereo, may I die with my ears bleeding and a smile on my faces. ;D

Cuda Ken
I am back

Troy

Ken, I don't know if you know this or not but there's something sticking out of the front end. I bet if you give it a few whacks with a hammer it will go right back down in the engine compartment and out of the way... :P

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

cudaken

Ok, speaker's in this pic.

Cuda Ken
I am back

cudaken

Front Low. Hope to have the Radiator in by Sat and need to paint the latch tray as well. Will also need need to repaint the cross over of the Core support as well. Littel light. But heck, pulled the 42sick and stripped and painted in 4 hour's. What can you say.

Cuda Ken
I am back

cudaken

Troy, Thank you for saving the site.

Send me your address, I want to help with the cost some. I don't have pay pal but my checks will clear. Use I M. Wont be much, knee deep in a money pit, but everything helps.

Cuda Ken
I am back

ChargerRob

Hey CudaKen, Sorry for the dumb question. ???

But, why did you paint the bumper?

Don't you like chrome. :-\
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

cudaken

That is easy and not a dumb question at all. Charger should have nener been saved when I bought it 18 year's ago. It was for my daughter first car. She was 15 when I bought it for a whole $500.00 and sort of ran, got it home and that about all I can say for it.

Well, she screwed around and did not get her linense's till she was 18. Front bumper looked like death and still bent. Would you spend $300.00 to have it fixed for a then 15 year old girl? What started out as a quicky turn in to a labor of love. When she got her linense's and said she wanted the Charger I told her tuff Chevy.

Color keyed front bumper grew on me and have keept it that way. One day after a 6 point cage, bullet proof 727, Daina and new dash and cluster then it will be time to rechrome the front bumper. Untill then, well I have a paint gun and touch up is easy. On the old site, many people liked it that way as well.

What can you say, I have no taste but for power.

Cuda Ken
I am back

ChargerRob

Now that you mentioned it, the color keyed bumper does grow on you. It does make your charger different.  :2thumbs: :thumbs:
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

THE CHARGER PUNK

just a question buy why did you not use a butterfly scoop instead of the tyical one people put on cars(i think tfatf charger style looked best)-MATT

Rayzor

Hey Ken, nice job!!! I bugged out on my project The car and the blower motor both are sittin on epay. Still have Dads 68 though and the blown injected slant is back on the stand ;)

MoparYoungGun

41husk

Ken let me know when we are going to take it to the muffler shop.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

cudaken

Punk, reason I did not use the Butter Fly Catcher air cleaner is because it look's fake. To me it more for the want to be's, and not for the real deal like mine. I was thinking about useing a Brid Catcher Injection System but Leo "Built the Super Charger" and said they idel, and have WOT but not good a driver set up.

Ray, why are you selling your set up, run out of cow's to mow down? "inside joke" Guy's, his 225 Leaning Tower Of Power in his Charger would mre than likely still take mine. Ray makes me look like a Newbie, wait I am again :flame:

Mini starter is in now, need to get some bolts for PS and Alt, drop in the radiator and litte wiring and ready to break in.

Allen, I will be calling later today and see what we can work out.

Getting there, only thing left is throwing Money at it.

Cuda Ken
I am back

mustanghater

its not fair, I wanted to do a charger like that for a long time :icon_smile_angry:
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

RECHRGD

Ken, have you done anything to stiffen the unibody up?  That thing looks like it could twist that Charger around a few times. ;D     Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

cudaken

RECHRGD, only thing to date has been Subrame Connectors, but I need more. After it is running I will keep my foot out of it. Be happy to make it to work and back.

Next step will be Torque Boxe's like on the Hemi Car's. Then with some help from a friend, custom built 6 point cage. Then I can let her get in to boost and start breaking other things.  :drive:

I know if I would work at it 11.00 can be had. But with working 60 hours a week and 6 day's a week I don't think I want to go there again. I am old, if the Mopar's hit on all the holes, dont catch on fire or blow the engine I am a happy man.

A mer 13.0 will but a smile on my faces. By the way, hope to do that with a 2400 stall and 2:76 sure gripp. Loafty goal's when you think about the gears. See me on the highway, just waive By By. ;D

Next best thing to having the Fastes car in town? Have ever one think you have the fastest car in town!

Cuda Ken
I am back

Rayzor

The car and blown 440 has just kinda lost my interest. The other Charger with the six has alot of history and memories that ride around with me so it stays. The hair dryers hangin off a six really keep the conversation going to. As far as the cows go, I was just sharing a 12 pack with them a hour ago;)

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

cudaken

Ray, I know the feeling. It is a never ending money pit as we both know. I have lost intrest many times, one of the reason it is not done. Break something on a over powered beast like this, you need a tow truck and deep pockets. Blow a Amp, un hook it and haul to DR HI FI. Much cheaper to fix a Amp than a 727.

By the way, I did a search for your set up on E-stupid "like I need more power" and did not find it. What all do you have and how much? If I remember you where around 400 HP at 2000 RPM's?

Mustanghater, be carefull for what you wish for. As a whole, I wished I did not start this project. When it is done about another $10,000.00 I will feel vindicated with the nod's and thump's up she will recive. Engine is the Cheap part, my goal was $7,000.00. I have a general ruel of thumb. Figuer your budget to the last penny $7,000.00 X 135% = $9,450.00 =  that you will over spend. Add in a few mistake's not knowing what you are doing you will hit my $10,000.00 total, and still cheap. Only thing I had that is on the 440 is the MT vavel covers!

But the support gear, that was something I was a little blind to. Kind of HP this motor make's hurt's the Car body.

Cuda Ken, they just broke into my shop again :icon_smile_angry:
I am back

Rayzor

This is one of my practice 440 engines with the procharger comperssor and edlebrock heads. I saved the big dog motor just incase I need somthing to hold me over if the slant blows the head into Nevada again. I bought the charger off a guy on this board and swung over to colorado for it. Kinda gettin rid of the lot. I still have 7 440 engines on the stand that I played with though and they may hit Erape soon. By the way, what do you think of this idea, with all the hype the general lee cars are getting, I was thinking about buyin a few fat chicks a tred mill and some bleach. In a few months I can auction them off for big money as Daisy Duke clones. The cows thought it may work. By the way, The auction number is #4566902949 

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Rayzor on August 08, 2005, 11:43:13 PM
By the way, what do you think of this idea, with all the hype the general lee cars are getting, I was thinking about buyin a few fat chicks a tred mill and some bleach. In a few months I can auction them off for big money as Daisy Duke clones. The cows thought it may work.  
NICE!! :haha:

The Charger's looking pretty mean, Ken! :2thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

RD

looking good ken, when its all said and done, write me up a book on what you learned about blower motors so I do not have to relearn on how to make the wheel.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

jaak

Hey CudaKen, I've always wonder this but what steps do you take in painting an old straight bumper, Theres a couple of old driver's I used to have and I always thought cooler-matched bumpers were the best option for a driver on-a-budget, it looks alot cooler than rusty bumpers...what do you do to strip old chrome and prep for paint???   O-yeah...BTW...cool  pics!!!