News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

6pac wieght

Started by polywideblock, November 29, 2012, 07:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polywideblock

hi can anyone tell me how much a 6pac intake wieghs? intake/carbs/air cleaner(original metal 691/2) i'v just bought one and guy is talking fork lift?how mush can an intake wiegh! thanks phil

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

bill440rt

Cast iron or aluminum 6-pack intake??

If we're talking aluminum with the full setup & air cleaner, if I had to "guesstimate" I'd say roughly 20lbs or so??  :shruggy:

Cast iron intake might weigh 20lbs by itself.  :shruggy:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

polywideblock

don't know if aluminium or iron,i'll have to ask.when he said it was a 691/2 intake out of a wrecked 69 roadrunneri assumed it was aluminiun. yes i know about assumed!so your talking a two man lift? thanks phil

oldcarnut

Here's mine waiting on the engine to be built.  As pictured w/Alum intake 37.8pds plus 10 more for the air breather assy w/ K&N filter for a total of 47-48pds

polywideblock

thanks for the pics wish mine looked as good. ebay item 221156795337 again wish i knew how to down load pics but new to computers only know enough to get myself in trouble! thanks phil

oldcarnut

Mine is a little different from yours.  Center carb is different and mine doesn't have the fast idle solenoid or the lever like yours. Maybe the experts can chime in.  I have some learning to do I reckon.

polywideblock

i'll second that! what do i hook the fast idle solinoid up to? think i'll have to find a book!thanks phil

kab69440

I would guess that Tri-Power with iron intake I sold a while ago to be in the neighborhood of 40lb sans air cleaner.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

hemi68charger

Quote from: polywideblock on November 29, 2012, 07:47:34 PM
hi can anyone tell me how much a 6pac intake wieghs? intake/carbs/air cleaner(original metal 691/2) i'v just bought one and guy is talking fork lift?how mush can an intake wiegh! thanks phil

The cast iron weights A LOT more than the aluminum... A LOT more........ Believe me, I know....... Maneuvering a cast iron over the fenders and/or grille and gingerly placing it so the holes line up on the heads is a royal pain......... Now, an aluminum is MUCH easier.......... that, or I'm just getting old......  :slap:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hatersaurusrex

Easy.  A 6pac weighs the same as Three 2pacs.

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

green69rt

Don't know about the six pac but my old 4bbl cast iron weighed about 60 lbs ( I think??)  The aluminum was about 20lbs.  The old cast iron one was a bugger to get off without banging up the rest of the engine and paint.   I think I ended up getting two people to help me (one on each side and one in fromt) lift it off so we could be extra carful.

polywideblock

thanks for the tip regards 4 barrel removal hadn't though of that!have to be EXTRA careful!  thanks phil

Tilar

Doesn't a six pack weight around 72 oz?  :cheers:

Yeah yeah I know, there's one in every crowd.  :angel:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.