News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GENERAL LEE TALK, WE'RE GOING DEEP ON THIS ONE..................................

Started by skip68, November 27, 2012, 09:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Cooter

Remember, it's all in Fun guys. A little Funlovin' ribbing never hurt anybody, only those without a sense of humor. :2thumbs:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

TUFCAT

Quote from: billfury on December 04, 2012, 06:42:37 AM
WOW.....Dr Skips going to have a full calendar helping this group.

Remember, one little turd can mess up the entire swimming pool.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

skip68

skip68

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Cooter on December 04, 2012, 07:08:21 AM

No,No, I understand exactly what you where trying to say,

Obviously you don't and the following sentence proves it.

QuoteYou referred to everyon in the South as "Ignorant Rednecks" For flying the Rebel Flag

Nope. Here's the quote from my original reply on this thread "Rebel flag? If ignorant redneck symbology is your thing." It's about SYMBOLOGY...the thought process associated with the symbol. Just like one who displays a swastika (a symbol of Nazism) isn't always a Nazi, one who displays the rebel flag isn't always an ignorant redneck but he's bound to be associated with the thought process embodied in the ignorant redneck philosophy generated by that symbol.

Were the Dukes portrayed as bastions of society? Mental giants? Or more like ignorant redneck trailer trash? The car itself is a symbol of the characters the Dukes portrayed and I, for one, wouldn't want to be associated with that. In fact, if I saw somebody taking a picture of me in the vicinity of a General Lee clone I'd chase down the photographer and smash the camera.

But that's just me.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Ram07

think its time to stop this thread....what's it got do do with a car anymore...dummies!

Cooter

Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 04, 2012, 05:54:49 PM
Quote from: Cooter on December 04, 2012, 07:08:21 AM

No,No, I understand exactly what you where trying to say,

Obviously you don't and the following sentence proves it.

QuoteYou referred to everyon in the South as "Ignorant Rednecks" For flying the Rebel Flag

Nope. Here's the quote from my original reply on this thread "Rebel flag? If ignorant redneck symbology is your thing." It's about SYMBOLOGY...the thought process associated with the symbol. Just like one who displays a swastika (a symbol of Nazism) isn't always a Nazi, one who displays the rebel flag isn't always an ignorant redneck but he's bound to be associated with the thought process embodied in the ignorant redneck philosophy generated by that symbol.

Were the Dukes portrayed as bastions of society? Mental giants? Or more like ignorant redneck trailer trash? The car itself is a symbol of the characters the Dukes portrayed and I, for one, wouldn't want to be associated with that. In fact, if I saw somebody taking a picture of me in the vicinity of a General Lee clone I'd chase down the photographer and smash the camera.

But that's just me.

Obviously, we see things a bit different John.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

JB400

A383Wing

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Fred

Quote from: bill440rt on December 04, 2012, 09:39:21 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 04, 2012, 06:39:15 PM
Different is ok.  It's also a good thing :cheers:

A wise man once said, "Variety is the spice of life."

That was before Marco Polo introduced proper spices to the world.  :lol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

A383Wing

DAY CLONA

After this cop looked at the VIN, and found out this Charger was a real 70RT, he put the hurt on it's owner

TUFCAT

Cooter

Quote from: DAY CLONA on December 04, 2012, 10:59:53 PM
After this cop looked at the VIN, and found out this Charger was a real 70RT, he put the hurt on it's owner

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :smilielol:

Mike DC

As if most memorable fictional characters would ever live up to that standard?  

If you don't like DOH that's your thing.  But you're laying it on a little thick, are you?

That orange hot rod is a media icon, like Robin Hood or Star Wars or James Bond.  You don't have to support face-to-face robbery of the wealthy just to get a kick out of Robin Hood.  You don't have to support military insurrection in complex societies just to get a kick out of Star Wars.  You don't have to support screwing other people's wives & wanton property destruction & murder just to get a kick out of James Bond.  

I would also point out that millions of Americans would look at any owner of any V8-powered American vehicle in about the same way you look at the Dukes above.  Lots of people would consider us ALL a backward bunch.  They would see the Dukes as just a fictionalized 30yo less compromised version of our mindset & subculture.  

Ghoste

Cooter

Once again Mike, I have to agree 100%. That was what I was trying to imply. Well Said.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 05, 2012, 08:01:52 AM
If you don't like DOH that's your thing.  But you're laying it on a little thick, are you?

Some people are more passionate in their opinions than others.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

mauve66

i thought we we're all gonna get some professional help from this thread???  i want my dollar back................... :icon_smile_blackeye:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Ghoste

You paid a dollar?  The rest of us were told to send naked photos of ourselves.