News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GENERAL LEE TALK, WE'RE GOING DEEP ON THIS ONE..................................

Started by skip68, November 27, 2012, 09:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

Let's get involved!   Tell me your deepest thoughts.   It's OK!  Talk to me boys. Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Dr skipper and am here to help .....
   Let's start by talking about that fabulous orange paint.  Or, maybe that's to soon for some of you so let's take it slower.  We could talk about those vector wheels.  Perhaps some of you might be more comfortable talking about the rebel flag on the roof?   Still not enough?   We could discuss the 01 on the doors if you fancy. Of course there is the push bar for those of you that are feeling really dirty.  That brings us to the roll bar.   NO?   Still tooooo much?   We can start with the antenna and get right to the point?   Don't forget the CB.  Communication is everything.   I think I'll just let you decide...... 
   Just remember no matter what happens in this thread you are all special.  I'm not talking moparmanjim special either, I'm talking real special and what you have to say really matters.  So, who wants to start?   

Dr skipper, your friend .......
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

I want to see your medical liscense first.  Filling it out in crayon is inappropriate.  You spilled chocolate milk on it too.  That smiley face stamp is not a stamp of approval.  You are in no way going to insert that probe.  But, I do like the nurses :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

68coronetGLwannabe

I would like to talk about the flag on the roof. What does it mean to you? Are you offended by it? or maybe you just need a history lesson.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

skip68

Good question Wade.   :pity:   
I'm really not sure what it means to me. I will say I do like the colors and stars.  Anyone else care to share?   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

Stars and Bars is a symbol of a group of people fighting for what they believe in.  It's the same as the Stars and Stripes, but with a different cause.

Colors are cool too :coolgleamA:  I have one :2thumbs:

TUFCAT

skip68

WOW!  Thank you Tom for jumping right in with that.    :pity: 
But, how does that make you feel seeing Daisy in the back seat Tom?   

resq302

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 27, 2012, 02:12:31 PM
I like Daisy riding in the back seat..  :D

:brickwall:  I read that fast and thought it said "I like riding Daisy in the back seat"   :smilielol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

TUFCAT

Quote from: skip68 on November 27, 2012, 02:20:12 PM
WOW!  Thank you Tom for jumping right in with that.    :pity:  
But, how does that make you feel seeing Daisy in the back seat Tom?  

It makes me feel.... like I, ....I, ....well Doc Skip,...it makes me feel like I WOULD HIT THAT!  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

skip68

Well Tom, that's a very natural and healthy feeling.  About how many times a day do you get this .......this feeling?   

TUFCAT

Quote from: skip68 on November 27, 2012, 02:48:54 PM
Well Tom, that's a very natural and healthy feeling.  About how many times a day do you get this .......this feeling?  

Almost all the time Doc, and its not just Daisy Duke. Just about any hottie does the same thing.  :P

skip68

You've got a condition Tom...we'll talk more in private.   Anyone else?   :-\

Fred

I digress here skip but tell me............
Did you decide to become a doctor after reading looking through one of your Dr. Seuss books?
Lisa needs to stop buying those for you.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

resq302

Quote from: skip68 on November 27, 2012, 03:23:39 PM
You've got a condition Tom...we'll talk more in private.   Anyone else?   :-\

Doc,  I think that virus is contagious over the computer!  I think I caught it too!   :lol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Ghoste

Those are warm touchy feelings.  What about those of us who feel rage at the sight of orange like some kind of bull in a Georgia meadow?  And that flag!  Oh that flag.  I'm almost certain there is some other sinister symbolism at work there.  Something Satanic even, I just know that if you play the opening bars to Dixie backwards it will plant messages in your head that make you want to install pushbars ad Vectors and other works of the devil.
What about those feelings huh?  Go on, go ahead and tell me my anger isn't justified here Dr. Skip.

skip68

Ghoste, you have very strong feelings coming out and that's good.   :pity:   You can't help the way you truly feel and should never apologize for those feelings.  You're not alone.  This is good that you came out publicly with your feelings.   You see, I don't need to understand why you feel this way.  I just need to understand that you feel this way.   I think it may be to soon for you to talk about the CB or the 01 on the doors.   You set the pace and take your time.   Remember, you are special and nobody can take that away from you.   

Anyone else going to share?   

mrsskip68

Ok, i'll go next. Chucks toenail picking makes me want to chop his legs off! Is that normal Dr. Skip? ................................................Oh, wait. I thought this was "generaly discussed" issues topic. Sorry, my bad!  :slap:  :nana:
Lisa

skip68

Glad you feel like sharing.   :pity:  This is about the GENERAL LEE but I'll answer your question.   You see, you are probably killing chuck very slowly.  His cause of death will be extreme disappointment.   Thus, he feels the need to pick his toe nails in front of you as a form a self expression of how he feels.  Thanks for sharing....have a nice day.   :pity: :callme: :wave:

68coronetGLwannabe

Why do people consider the GL to be a copout or a cheap hack job? Are they angry I did it in six months while theirs takes years or may never be done? I wish I understood there feelings  because my cruises from PHX to Vegas and many other cruises would be so much more enjoyable. Since winter has settled in the East I feel bad and resentful against my car. How will I ever feel good about my GL again?
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

skip68

Wade, first off I want to thank you for posting and give you a hug.   :pity:    Now, A GL is a car for real men as they are drivin all the time and enjoyed by all.  GL's are basicaly a work horse and most don't want to put 40-50-60 thousand dollars of money into a car that will be touched, leaned on and sat on for pictures.  So this is why most look at a GL as junk.   Far as feeling good about your car again............go out to the garage and tell your car it's special and touch it a bit.  Thanks for sharing.    :pity: :wave:

A383Wing

the car would be a perfect "10"...if it were to crash upside down in a ditch

Bryan

Brock Lee

All of the General Lee items on my car, with the exception of the Vectors, I made myself. Made my own door decals, painted my own roof by hand, made my own pushbar, roll bar etc. I love Chargers, and I love the General Lee. What I don't love are the self appointed experts. You know the ones that comb message boards and suddenly are "gurus". These are the guys that come up to your car at a show and point out X,Y, and Z are "wrong", name drop people they may have met in passing at a Dukes event, and/pr seen one real screen used Lee and now have the need to pass their "knowledge" any time possible.

Mike DC

QuoteAll of the General Lee items on my car, with the exception of the Vectors, I made myself. Made my own door decals, painted my own roof by hand, made my own pushbar, roll bar etc. I love Chargers, and I love the General Lee. What I don't love are the self appointed experts. You know the ones that comb message boards and suddenly are "gurus". These are the guys that come up to your car at a show and point out X,Y, and Z are "wrong", name drop people they may have met in passing at a Dukes event, and/pr seen one real screen used Lee and now have the need to pass their "knowledge" any time possible.

Those guys have always been present in the car hobby.  If they're not talking smack about your GL they would be talking smack about your stock Charger instead.  

I never understood the urge to tear down other people's cars like that.  

Heck, I could come up with a ton of GL trivia.  So what?  That's all it is, trivia.  It's only useful if someone chooses to care, and very few people do.  

A few auto body classes at a local community college would probably do you more good for building a GL replica than a whole pile of trivia about the TV cars. 

JB400

What's up doc?   Please tell me what it is about orange that makes it haunt my dreams and convinces me to paint my 69 orange.  I'm not sick enough to put an 01 on the door but I'm getting there.  Wait, I did.  I spent $20 and bought some orange, black, and white spray paint and painted my door orange with a black and white 01 to see if I like it and can tolerate it.  Can I be saved or is it too late?

I still want to see an official medical liscense.