News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General lee tech board.

Started by JB400, November 26, 2012, 04:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the Mods set up a technical board for GL builders

Yes
32 (45.7%)
No
38 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: December 10, 2012, 04:44:52 PM

kikgas01

"Nobody joins a car forum to be ridiculed, try to remember what brings us all together in the first place – a love of CHARGERS!" Time to lock this fucking thread. JeSus!

JB400

Voting isn't done yet.  6 more days then it turns over to the mods for a decision.  I'm still writing my argument.

Ghoste

You think my post was stupid, the whole thread is stupid. 

Cooter

Positive thread......2-3 pages if lucky....

GL thread........15 pages and still going....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Fred

Quote from: Cooter on December 04, 2012, 07:17:28 AM
Quote from: STIG on December 04, 2012, 04:43:31 AM
They're just jealous because 100% of the time the GL attracts the most attention  :icon_smile_big: :coolgleamA:

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I've got to say that whenever I go to a show it's the black charger's that most people gravitate towards. Of course this could have something to do with the fact that there are very few (if any) GL's to be found at any given show.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

bill440rt

Quote from: Ghoste on December 04, 2012, 06:59:59 PM
You think my post was stupid, the whole thread is stupid. 

15 pages of phucking stupidity.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Lennard

Quote from: bill440rt
Why don't you tell us what you really think about this thread Bill?
:lol:

bill440rt

Quote from: Lennard on December 04, 2012, 09:48:38 PM
Quote from: bill440rt
Why don't you tell us what you really think about this thread Bill?
:lol:

I don't think I'm alone.   :rofl:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Quote from: Fred on December 04, 2012, 08:44:26 PM
They're just jealous because 100% of the time the GL attracts the most attention  :icon_smile_big: :coolgleamA:

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I've got to say that whenever I go to a show it's the black charger's that most people gravitate towards. Of course this could have something to do with the fact that there are very few (if any) GL's to be found at given show.

We'll see what happens Fred   :D

Fred

Quote from: 440 on December 04, 2012, 09:58:41 PM
Quote from: Fred on December 04, 2012, 08:44:26 PM
They're just jealous because 100% of the time the GL attracts the most attention  :icon_smile_big: :coolgleamA:

I've got to say that whenever I go to a show it's the black charger's that most people gravitate towards. Of course this could have something to do with the fact that there are very few (if any) GL's to be found at given show.

We'll see what happens Fred   :D

Don't shoot me...........I'm only the messenger. :icon_smile_big:

STIG

^ WOW!!!  :o Thanks for noticing that - screenshot taken haha. That's one heck of an effort there, Stroker  :icon_smile_big:

Just realized I quoted the wrong page - I was referring to the Stroker (3.3k posts so quickly) one  :icon_smile_tongue:
1969 Dodge Charger 'General Lee', 440 Six-Pack, Genuine Big Block, R/T SE

From way down South in the land of Kiwis.

STIG

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 04, 2012, 05:09:45 PM
Voting isn't done yet.  6 more days then it turns over to the mods for a decision.  I'm still writing my argument.

It's starting to look like a presidential election with how close it's getting... we're creeping back into this one!  :coolgleamA:
1969 Dodge Charger 'General Lee', 440 Six-Pack, Genuine Big Block, R/T SE

From way down South in the land of Kiwis.

JB400

G-man

Dont worry. People hate the GL thing because people with GL's  get more recognition than people with Hemis/RTs,440-4spd etc. From the general public nobody gives a flying damn whether you have a 4 spd or not. As long as its orange with numbers, you are a legend.

Case Closed

Cooter

Quote from: G-man on December 06, 2012, 04:46:22 AM
Dont worry. People hate the GL thing because people with GL's  get more recognition than people with Hemis/RTs,440-4spd etc. From the general public nobody gives a flying damn whether you have a 4 spd or not. As long as its orange with numbers, you are a legend.

Case Closed

:2thumbs:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

skip68

Did what I think just happen?  Oh no you di'int.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Cooter

Quote from: skip68 on December 06, 2012, 09:42:17 AM
Did what I think just happen?  Oh no you di'int.   

Yes, he did..

charger_fan_4ever

I really thought that it was uneccasary to have a GL section, BUT if they had their own spot and if any kind of general lee thread comes up in any of the other sections it gets deleted/locked i'm all for it.

The GL is a charger and brings memories from childhood i have no problem with that.

What i see on here lately boils down to this argument

A GL attracks some much more attention at shows and the threads on the boards are always longer if its about a GL.
In turn that automatically makes a GL > any other charger in the world. :brickwall:

My vote is YES just to keep all the GL drama in one section where it can be avoided.

Cooter

Wanna know the funny thing in all of this? CGLFC has never had a thread where haters hate on a "Plain" Hemi Charger with a 4-speed and Dana 60.

However....

Fred

Dont worry. People hate the GL thing because people with GL's  get more recognition than people with Hemis/RTs,440-4spd etc. From the general public nobody gives a flying damn whether you have a 4 spd or not. As long as its orange with numbers, you are a legend.

Case Closed

Get off your high horse. I've got a black 68 hemi charger and I don't care wether it attracts attention at shows or not. In fact, I don't even take it to shows.  I wouldn't want to own a GL (that's my prerogative) for the simple reason that I prefer understated rather than over the top but Hey! I don't go around knocking them or anyone that wants to own one. Each to his own. I can appreciate that all GL owner's love their cars just as I love mine and that's as it should be. So stop with this stupid nonsense already and show some respect. Bear in mind that you're not only attacking the guilty but insulting the innocent as well.

p/s I get all the recognition I could ever want.

Mike DC

How many GL threads were on the front page of the main forum 2 weeks ago? 

How many 4 weeks ago?

This whole thing is temporary. 

Lennard

Exactly, this too shall pass.  :yesnod:

G-man

Quote from: Fred on December 06, 2012, 10:29:15 PM
Dont worry. People hate the GL thing because people with GL's  get more recognition than people with Hemis/RTs,440-4spd etc. From the general public nobody gives a flying damn whether you have a 4 spd or not. As long as its orange with numbers, you are a legend.

Case Closed

Get off your high horse. I've got a black 68 hemi charger and I don't care wether it attracts attention at shows or not. In fact, I don't even take it to shows.  I wouldn't want to own a GL (that's my prerogative) for the simple reason that I prefer understated rather than over the top but Hey! I don't go around knocking them or anyone that wants to own one. Each to his own. I can appreciate that all GL owner's love their cars just as I love mine and that's as it should be. So stop with this stupid nonsense already and show some respect. Bear in mind that you're not only attacking the guilty but insulting the innocent as well.

I like to hit all equally  :lol:

But the point I made was more or less stating that everyone from a general stand point likes GLs and couldnt care less if it was a Hemi etc. Those things are only good to those that know about Mopars. N thats just a handfull of people in comparison. So a handful dont like GLs while majority dont know anything about Hemis/4spds etc.

I drive a car I like (hence im getting a 67 fastback mustang). Others dont matter. Most of the public will appreciate a mustang/charger/gl/eleanor/chevy chevelle etc. As long as its muscle, you got a thumbs up.

Fred

Quote from: G-man on December 07, 2012, 01:00:00 AM
Quote from: Fred on December 06, 2012, 10:29:15 PM

Case Closed

I like to hit all equally  :lol:

But the point I made was more or less stating that everyone from a general stand point likes GLs and couldnt care less if it was a Hemi etc. Those things are only good to those that know about Mopars. N thats just a handfull of people in comparison. So a handful dont like GLs while majority dont know anything about Hemis/4spds etc.

I drive a car I like (hence im getting a 67 fastback mustang). Others dont matter. Most of the public will appreciate a mustang/charger/gl/eleanor/chevy chevelle etc. As long as its muscle, you got a thumbs up.

I'm considering getting a 67 fastback mustang myself.  Nice car.