News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General lee tech board.

Started by JB400, November 26, 2012, 04:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the Mods set up a technical board for GL builders

Yes
32 (45.7%)
No
38 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: December 10, 2012, 04:44:52 PM

G-man

Quote from: Cooter on November 29, 2012, 07:16:58 AM
Quote from: G-man on November 29, 2012, 04:32:32 AM
We all know a GL is Hemi Orange. Its an Orange with a redish tinge to it. If anyone disagrees with that, get your bloody eyes checked cause you are clearly colour blind.

And I ask for your PROOF.

If you are colour blind, it aint my problem to prove it. Just open your eyes and its proven.

Btw, anyone that hates a GL and goes all spastic like a kid over it, only hates Chargers, casue really, a GL is a charger. You telling me that car looks bad? Why own a charger for then?

None of that makes sense to me. Woulda thought people here were older than me.

Ghoste

I hate the GL.  Prove I hate Chargers.

1974dodgecharger

is the GL a crayola orange or marker orange?

JB400

Ghoste, you keep contradicting yourself. :2thumbs: :lol:

Ghoste

No I don't.  Well a little, blanket statements like that draw me out. :D

skip68

Ghoste, didn't you know?  YOU HAVE TO LIKE THE GENERAL LEE IN ORDER TO LIKE CHARGERS....    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smilielol:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

The DMCL Charger would probably have suffered the same if it had caught on like the Dukes.

Ghoste

I can't help it, I'm a hater.  I try and I try but I just can't improve.  I even tried to get help from this online docotr guy but apparently he was just some sort of quack.  Which apparently has something to do with some guy who may or may not have changed his username in an effort to disguise his lost duck problem.  The ducks of course, were somehow related to this stupid cat that was ultimately spotted in Carlisle.
Is it any wonder I have blotchy skin and blisters on my feet?

Cooter

Quote from: G-man on December 01, 2012, 05:44:35 AM
Quote from: Cooter on November 29, 2012, 07:16:58 AM
Quote from: G-man on November 29, 2012, 04:32:32 AM
We all know a GL is Hemi Orange. Its an Orange with a redish tinge to it. If anyone disagrees with that, get your bloody eyes checked cause you are clearly colour blind.

And I ask for your PROOF.

If you are colour blind, it aint my problem to prove it. Just open your eyes and its proven.

Yet, Again, Proof, or it's just another unsubstantiated opinion. And I took 4 years of Art studies. I know my primary colors and the spectrum charts, so that kinda rules out the "Color Blind" thing. All I ask for is your proof of said Hemi orange color that was applied to the GL. If you cannot provide proof, all of your statements about color are just specualtion and nothing more.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

What are you talking about Cooter, we all know the General Lee was blue.

Cooter

Quote from: 440 on December 01, 2012, 10:57:42 AM
The DMCL Charger would probably have suffered the same if it had caught on like the Dukes.

Nope, One time, flash in the pan movie car only. TV cars were around for over 7 years. They live for another 30 years after the show is long gone. Ask anybody about DMCL Charger in the car show scene, and many have never seen, or heard of it. Mention the GL and The baby in the stroller next to them has heard of it.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

It does.  As a fan of the car I can tell you we quibble about the number used and the trivial insignificant differences between the ones they used.  Hey! Wait a minute, I see what you did there.  You are trying to suck me in saying the things I like are the same as things other people like and they aren't.  My things are better and I still hate the GL.  (except when I'm at a Corvette show and the only Mopar there is a GL and then I love it)

Cooter

Quote from: 440 on December 01, 2012, 11:01:25 AM
What are you talking about Cooter, we all know the General Lee was blue.

AGAIN.......PROVE it. What "Colour" blue???? Navy, baby,medium, Royal, etc.???

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on December 01, 2012, 11:02:16 AM

(except when I'm at a Corvette show and the only Mopar there is a GL and then I love it)

As are many "Hemi/OEM/Purist/Haters" of The General Lee...

JB400

Does that mean everyone has forgot about the nude girl on the motorcycle in the movie Vanishing Point?  That's one of two reasons why I remember Vanishing Point.

Ghoste

Quote from: Cooter on December 01, 2012, 11:04:24 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 01, 2012, 11:02:16 AM

(except when I'm at a Corvette show and the only Mopar there is a GL and then I love it)

As are many "Hemi/OEM/Purist/Haters" of The General Lee...

And sadly, DOH purist hemihaters seem to have such tunnel vision that they can't reciprocate.  Or do they?  Do they love Chargers?  Apparently you only love Chargers if you also love the GL but if you love Hemis you are a douchebag.  I'm getting so confused with all this finger pointing and rock throwing that I just don't know anymore what I love or who I hate.
This is truly the Charger Apocolypse.  Damn those Mayans.  This is the Book of Revelations brought forth unto the Charger driver heretics but who are the heretics and who are faithful?  I don't know I don't know I just want to run screaming like that freaky dude that posed for Munch.

skip68

This is a Priceless FAIL!    :rofl: :rofl:   This was a about a GL tech board and the GL guys are fighting with themselves.  This is what you will have if a GL section is made.   Constant arguing about the correct shade of orange and etc. etc. etc.   I've seen it on the GL sites.   We don't have the arguing building/restoring Chargers but the GL is obviously still an argument between the fans.....   :rotz:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

It's been an awesome week of entertainment though.  :icon_smile_big:

JB400

I didn't know we were arguing, I thought we were bickering ;D

skip68

The GENERAL LEE would blow away the DMCL Charger any day.   The General was a race car.....DMCL was just a regular Charger....    :rofl:

Chris G.

Quote from: skip68 on December 01, 2012, 11:12:46 AM
This is what you will have if a GL section is made. Constant arguing about the correct shade of orange and etc. etc. etc. I've seen it on the GL sites.

Seems after reading this thread, the real "purists" are the GL boys. Nothing but bitching and whining about color codes, interior colors, correct CB radio, push bar...the list goes on. This happens all the time with GL fans. Who are the real Purists now Cooter? Oh, excuse me...douchebag purists...sorry.

JB400

Is someone saying the same arguments of color codes and color combinations hasn't been made by purists about stock chargers? 

Cooter

Quote from: Chris G. on December 01, 2012, 11:20:11 AM
Quote from: skip68 on December 01, 2012, 11:12:46 AM
This is what you will have if a GL section is made. Constant arguing about the correct shade of orange and etc. etc. etc. I've seen it on the GL sites.

Seems after reading this thread, the real "purists" are the GL boys. Nothing but bitching and whining about color codes, interior colors, correct CB radio, push bar...the list goes on. This happens all the time with GL fans. Who are the real Purists now Cooter? Oh, excuse me...douchebag purists...sorry.

Wow, out of left field, the haters come. Excuse me there skippy, but I voted AGAINST a tech board because of this, and you "Real" purists seem to have NO SENSE of HUMOR.
GL folks certainly have their "nit picking" about what is "correct" and what isn't ,but then again, there really isn't any way to do a wrong GL, so your whole post is irellevant.  

skip68

What's that stuff you put on bolts to keep the nut from coming off?      :shruggy:   Is it THREAD LOCK?    ;)   It's coming....    :dancinglock:   I'm gonna ride this train til the crash........

Cooter

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 01, 2012, 11:24:04 AM
Is someone saying the same arguments of color codes and color combinations hasn't been made by purists about stock chargers? 

EXACTLY!