News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General lee tech board.

Started by JB400, November 26, 2012, 04:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the Mods set up a technical board for GL builders

Yes
32 (45.7%)
No
38 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: December 10, 2012, 04:44:52 PM

JB400

Since we have quite a couple discussions going on on this subject, I believe a poll is in order.  I propose a GL section as a tech board in the mopar garage.  It would give a place for people to locate parts for thier GL build, but leave the negativity for the discussion boards.  

For those that want to build a gl, right now they have to search several different boards to get an answer to any questions.  As far as gl build threads, put them on the charger discussion board like everyone else.

I say let's vote on it here, then propose the idea to the mods to see if it's possible.

rebby

For those who vote "No," I love to hear the "why" behind it.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

Dino

You need to add an 'I could care less' option.

I haven't visited any GL sites in who knows how long, but there used to be build sites with all the specs.  Are those gone?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

JB400

I haven't looked in a while either, but I believe they are still around.  But, since this is charger central, I don't think it would hurt to have them here as well

Dino

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 26, 2012, 05:15:56 PM
I haven't looked in a while either, but I believe they are still around.  But, since this is charger central, I don't think it would hurt to have them here as well

Not at all.

Ghoste

I voted no.  I did so because I think it just encourages niche thinking.  There are specialty sites devoted to single segments of the hobby why not maintain our status as an all things Charger site (although we score pretty low on shwoing acceptance to anything made after 1974)

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on November 26, 2012, 05:23:37 PM
I voted no.  I did so because I think it just encourages niche thinking.  There are specialty sites devoted to single segments of the hobby why not maintain our status as an all things Charger site (although we score pretty low on shwoing acceptance to anything made after 1974)

True but since we have a section especially for aero cars, the other black sheep  :D, we should also be fair and allow a GL board.

I wish we could make this a classic Charger only site but it's not like we get pummeled with post 74 cars either.

JB400

Remember, I'm suggesting a technical board in the Mopar Garage, not a discussion board.

Dino

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 26, 2012, 05:29:32 PM
Remember, I'm suggesting a technical board in the Mopar Garage, not a discussion board.

Oh, my bad.  Carry on.

JB400

Not a problem. I suggest a tech board instead of a discussion board to keep down the negativity.  Save it for the discussion boards.

Dino

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 26, 2012, 05:36:18 PM
Not a problem. I suggest a tech board instead of a discussion board to keep down the negativity.  Save it for the discussion boards.

There will always be negativity.  That's just how it is.  Be it for the color of the car, the size of the wheels or the flag on the roof, people will bitch all day long.

Ghoste

I agree, thats a big part of why I think further distinction will foster it.

Mike DC

I think some sort of "GL FAQ" pile of links would better match the need around here.  

A whole GL forum on this site is not a terrible idea, but I don't think it would be anything that the CGFLC isn't already doing better.  

skip68

Here's my take.  Everything Charger related is already the terms for Charger Discussion.  That means DOH Chargers, DMCL Chargers, F&F Chargers, Bullit Chargers, Big Fish Chargers, Blade Chargers,  etc. etc...................   It would'nt be a bad idea for technical questions like paint color, interior, wheels etc. etc.  Guys could show their builds and ask questions with less drama so I guess looking at it like that makes sense... But then again, it still won't solve the whole issue. I think it's best left on the Dukes websites.  This way we don't get overrun with Dukies, the equivalent of inbread, i live in my moms basement Trekies :icon_smile_big:  :2thumbs: :rofl: KEEP IN MIND GUYS, THIS IS COMING FROM A GUY THAT BUILT A GENERAL LEE.  I love that car....
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Mike DC

In the big picture I don't REALLY think we need to do anything. 

We've had a few more GL threads than usual this week.  Big deal.  I don't think the presence of GL threads is a chronic problem as long as they aren't crowding out other stuff. 

mauve66

i voted no, the "haters" will go to those threads anyway, doesn't matter where they are.  I trying ready myself for the death threats, i just ordered the decals for my winged 1st gen.  gonna put some pearl in the orange for a little flash though.....................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

skip68

The main trouble only starts when a question is asked about how people feel about GL's.   Answer......quit asking these types of questions.  There, I fixed the problem.   :2thumbs: ;) :yesnod:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Dino

Quote from: skip68 on November 26, 2012, 07:01:56 PM
The main trouble only starts when a question is asked about how people feel about GL's.   Answer......quit asking these types of questions.  There, I fixed the problem.   :2thumbs: ;) :yesnod:

You may have something there skippy!  In fact, nobody should ever ask for opinions here as it brings out the trolls.  We wouldn't have much of a message board without users' input but sometimes it does seem like the only solution.

kikgas01

So, what does everyone think about the General Lee????  :rofl: :hah: :smilielol: :nana: :D

Chargen69

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 26, 2012, 06:42:56 PM

In the big picture I don't REALLY think we need to do anything. 

We've had a few more GL threads than usual this week.  Big deal.  I don't think the presence of GL threads is a chronic problem as long as they aren't crowding out other stuff. 

exactly

Chargen69

Quote from: kikgas01 on November 26, 2012, 07:07:56 PM
So, what does everyone think about the General Lee????  :rofl: :hah: :smilielol: :nana: :D

the problem is if you ask 12,000 people what they think, you are gonna get a bunch of opinons, and in case people have forgotten, opinons are like buttholes...

:Twocents:

kikgas01

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: kikgas01 on November 26, 2012, 07:07:56 PM
I like the General Lee and I would support a sub-forum on this site.  :Twocents:

kikgas01

skip68

:scratchchin:  Shane, I'm glad you asked.... I love it but I don't want to talk about it.   :2thumbs:  P.S.  please quit using the big words, I can't find me dictionary.    :icon_smile_wink: