News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is it rare or sought after to have a red interior in a 69 RT 4sp Dana Charger

Started by Fuzzy, November 19, 2012, 11:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzy

Hi Everyone,
Love the site and all the information shared here. It has been a huge help for me  :2thumbs: thanks to all posters.

My Q: I wanted to know how to find out how many chargers were made with a red interior in this car as mentioned in heading.
1969 R/T 4sp Dana Charger

I have to redo the interior and restore the car so if it's not a rare option or big deal to keep it red, I'll change it to black.

Your thoughts appreciated,
Thank's

Dream never dies just the Dreamer

Ghoste

There really isn't any way to know how many were made that way.  Chrysler just never tracked options in that manner.  I can tell you its not common though, so I would be tempted to keep it red.  Besides, the red interior cars look cool.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Would NEVER change a factory red interior for black......cant go wrong with red :thumbs:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on November 20, 2012, 09:13:49 PM
Would NEVER change a factory red interior for black......cant go wrong with red :thumbs:

:iagree:   Red interiors are freakin sweet.  :drool5:  I would totally keep it that way.  :2thumbs:

The vast majority of the 4spd cars I ran into when shopping were black interior. However, I did also see several with Red interiors.  Almost talked myself into a 69 383 4spd R4 with red interior but it was a bit rough and they apparently lost the build sheet.  :'(
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

471_Magnum

Red is definitely pretty rare. If the exterior is black, silver or red, I think changing the interior to black would be a huge mistake. I've always though red looks a little bit too pimp on a white car, but I'd still lean towards keeping it red if that's original.

Black interiors are boring, and HOT.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Ghoste

I don't know that I'd say they're boring, a bit prevalent and generic in some ways possibly but I still find a lot to like about a black interior.  Now the hot thing is beyond dispute. :lol:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Fuzzy

Good input !
To answer "stroker400 wedge" the exterior is R6.
So if I keep red interior and go R6 exterior that seems pretty overkill in the red department.
But in the case of this particular car I will keep it original. I still would like to find out how many chargers came out with this color combo and drivetrain option. That might be impossible if the census think's it's not possible. Maybe I should just compare it to how many are registered with the 69 registry
The next car I get will be a plain jane charger.
I'll do what I want then.
;)
All the best to posters and ppl working late nights on their projects.

resq302

Not really.  I saw a slant six 70 chally convertible that was red with a red interior.  Stunning car!  Our 70 chally convert also has a red interior but with the white paint, it really makes the car pop having that red interior.  Plus, to my knowledge, not that many cars came with a red interior, or at least the E bodys were fairly rare with a red interior.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Fuzzy

This is what I'm aiming for :
Looking for the pistol grip now.

JB400

For a red car, red interior is about your best option.  Black is overdone and white is hard to keep clean.  Glad to hear your keeping the red :2thumbs:

resq302

Man, you're preaching to the choir with trying to keep a white interior clean!  Same with a white vinyl roof!   :brickwall:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Ghoste

Look great when they sparkle but I don't know that I want another white interior white top car.  I'll take overdone black next time.  (unless its factory red haha)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Fuzzy on November 21, 2012, 09:17:03 PM
Good input !
To answer "stroker400 wedge" the exterior is R6.
So if I keep red interior and go R6 exterior that seems pretty overkill in the red department.
But in the case of this particular car I will keep it original. I still would like to find out how many chargers came out with this color combo and drivetrain option. That might be impossible if the census think's it's not possible. Maybe I should just compare it to how many are registered with the 69 registry
The next car I get will be a plain jane charger.
I'll do what I want then.
;)
All the best to posters and ppl working late nights on their projects.

As of now I only have 3 R6/C6R 4-speed R/T's registered....yours would be #4 when you register

You think R6/C6R is a lot of red?  How about BRIGHT R4 red with C6R interior.....a "Not Recommended" color combo that was only allowed with a color variance stipulation code  (V08)  I have 8 cars registered like that...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

johnnyseville

I definitely like it over black, unless the car is all black,then it is a toss upl   I have seen very few red interiors so I think keeping it will set your car apart and increase it's value.   Think the next car I look for will have a red interior.
too many to list!

fy469rtse

Quote from: Fuzzy on November 19, 2012, 11:54:35 PM
Hi Everyone,
Love the site and all the information shared here. It has been a huge help for me  :2thumbs: thanks to all posters.

My Q: I wanted to know how to find out how many chargers were made with a red interior in this car as mentioned in heading.
1969 R/T 4sp Dana Charger

I have to redo the interior and restore the car so if it's not a rare option or big deal to keep it red, I'll change it to black.
That's a big yes keep the car red interior , not many came through with red, had a friend over here in aust that got hold of h code triple red 68 charger and after doing the research low numbers ,so good prob makes it rare
Your thoughts appreciated,
Thank's

Bob T

Hi Fuzzy, my last 68 Charger was a RR1 exterior with white vinyl top and red guts in very good original condition,  every time I see it around at a car show I am still impressed with how cool those red seats and pleats and interior trim looks  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

six-tee-nine

My 69 R/T came as a white ext with red int. The interior will remain red for sure. Not sure if I'll keep the white exterior though
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

AKcharger

- All cars today have either gray or Black interiors...go with red!
- You can buy pistol grips new but their pricy $419 for just the handle http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Hurst-Pistol-Grip-Shifter-1970-B-Body-Mopar-Shifter-with-Console,7658.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: AKcharger on March 10, 2013, 01:21:23 PM
- All cars today have either gray or Black interiors...go with red!
- You can buy pistol grips new but their pricy $419 for just the handle http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Hurst-Pistol-Grip-Shifter-1970-B-Body-Mopar-Shifter-with-Console,7658.html

Not all cars....the 2013 Charger has a sweet red interior....

Chris' '69 Charger R/T