News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Peter Gabriel Era Genesis Fans? (Saw Good Cover Band)

Started by Old Moparz, November 19, 2012, 09:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

There are two sets of Genesis fans. The the first set, are the ones who have only heard what the radio played during the 80's & 90's. The other set, likes the older version of the band that was never on the radio. The radio played the 3 minute, pop sounding songs with Phil Collins singing when the band was basically just three people including Mike Rutherford & Tony Banks. But Genesis in the late 60's & 70's had Peter Gabriel singing & Steve Hackett on guitar & were much different. The earlier music is what I like, but I wasn't old enough to go see them perform live. The first concert for me was in 1977 to see Emerson Lake & Palmer.

So the reason for this thread is, last night I went to see a Genesis cover band called "The Musical Box" that mostly plays their older material from the Peter Gabriel era. I first went to youtube to make sure they sounded okay, & they did, so I got three tickets & took my wife & daughter. I am guessing that my daughter really liked it because at the end she said, "The show wasn't long enough!"   :lol:  The show was absolutely great, & the band is currently touring & playing one album in it's entirety, "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway". They are licensed by Genesis & Peter Gabriel to recreate the Genesis show, & use some of the props from the original 1974 tour.

http://www.themusicalbox.net/

On a Mopar related note, during the performance they show over 1100 slides on the screen behind the stage. In one photo that was taken in New York City I spotted a 1970 Dodge Coronet taxicab.   :D

If anyone likes older Genesis, the show is definitely worth seeing.  :cheers:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Mytur Binsdirti

Phil Collin sucks. Today, Peter Gabriel's voice is about as good as Bob Dylans.

derailed

Im one of those oddball Genesis fans that likes both Phil and peter, or at least the Phil stuff up until there 1983 album with Home by the Sea, after that it kind of went downhill. I agree Musical Box is a great cover band. There is another one that was playing in this neck of the woods a few years back that was real good to but I cant remember there name. I think Peter himself sounds as good today as he ever did IMO.