News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thumb wheel repair

Started by dreamcatcher, November 17, 2012, 11:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamcatcher

Not sure where to post this. But does anyone know where to get work done on an AM 8 track?I bought one on line for my charger ..it works but the needle dont move on the radio and I think it might have one weak output transistor as well.Other than that I think it was a steel for the 125.00 I paid for it.Wires not even cut.  :yesnod:
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

twodko

Do a search here on radio conversions. There's a couple places you can send it to have it repaired and upgraded.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

bakerhillpins

Am I reading that correctly?  You got an AM 8 Track for $125 and it's not at total pile?  :o You got a great deal  :2thumbs:   Last I recall that was the price for a standard AM radio that might not work?

If it does work, restore it, don't core it for new electronics. There aren't many of those around.  :Twocents:  I have an AM/FM in my 69 that needs the volume wheel fixed. Ill get a crappy AM core to do the electronics upgrade to.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Dino

Any electronics repair shop can fix it, If you can find one.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dino

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 21, 2012, 12:17:16 PM
Wards   :2thumbs:

http://wardsclassiccarradiorepair.com/

Not anymore.

"We no longer service wonder bar or signal seek radios. As of Jan 1 2012, We still service most Mopar,
Delco (GM) or Ford AM FM radios , but no longer service 8 track radios of any kind.We will continue to service AM radios from most models"
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

maxwellwedge

Darn - That sucks - they do great work.

resq302

Wow, that does suck.  They fixed up our AM 8 track radio in our challenger about two or so years ago.  They also did the repair to my AM radio and added the MP3 port to it.   Wonder why they stopped working on the 8 track part?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto