News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started by Ranger Max, November 13, 2012, 06:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger Max

twodko

I'll be catching that fo sho. Take that Preppers!  :lol:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

TruckDriver

Looks good, but weird too
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Rustymuscle

For somebody like me who read both of Max Brooks books, I'm pretty pissed at this movie.

Max went into long, agonizing detail about the physiology of zombies, being specifically slow moving, rotting meatbags whose moans are the most haunting thing to haunt your ears. The fast-paced, running and jumping zombies are just the "rage virus" flesh eaters of "28 Days Later" and "I Am Legend."

It's astounding to me that Hollywood execs would read a book and say, "This is great! It should be a movie! But I think it should be COMPLETELY different." Not like they're abridging the book or only focusing in on one or two key moments. They've completely unraveled the DNA of it.

I hope Brad Pitt gets his face eaten off.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T, 535ci Wedge, 727 w/ GV, Dana 60
1970 Dodge Super Bee
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT HEMI

chargerboy69

Quote from: Rustymuscle on November 14, 2012, 02:56:05 PM
For somebody like me who read both of Max Brooks books, I'm pretty pissed at this movie.

Max went into long, agonizing detail about the physiology of zombies, being specifically slow moving, rotting meatbags whose moans are the most haunting thing to haunt your ears. The fast-paced, running and jumping zombies are just the "rage virus" flesh eaters of "28 Days Later" and "I Am Legend."

It's astounding to me that Hollywood execs would read a book and say, "This is great! It should be a movie! But I think it should be COMPLETELY different." Not like they're abridging the book or only focusing in on one or two key moments. They've completely unraveled the DNA of it.

I have never read the book, but I do know I much prefer the slower zombie, like in Walking Dead compared to the sprinting zombies in this movie.

However, I will be going to see this, looks kinda good.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Ponch ®

From what I've read online, the movie has had a ton of trouble and it's been re-written and re-shot a billion times - usual signs of a disaster.

I haven't read the book but I've heard of it and the premise. Sounds interesting, but it doesn't sound like the movie could pull it off.

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Ranger Max

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: chargerboy69 on November 14, 2012, 03:58:06 PM

I have never read the book, but I do know I much prefer the slower zombie, like in Walking Dead compared to the sprinting zombies in this movie.

However, I will be going to see this, looks kinda good.

You ever read the Stephen King (as Richard Bachman) version of the Running Man?   Would have made a HUNDRED times better movie than the one with Ahhhhnold.    He wrote it while he had a 100 plus degree fever over a period of 72 hours in just a few sittings.  As a result you can punch through the whole thing in a night, and it feels like you're 'reading a movie' if that make sense - because the pace is so fast.

Then they made the movie and I couldn't finish it.   Still don't know/don't care how it ends, they trashed a great idea.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Tilar

Quote from: Ranger Max on November 14, 2012, 07:15:05 PM

Ok, I'll play the game. Whats up with all your posts being nothing more than a period?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

jar1292

I was thinking the same thing and then maybe they were talking about a movie or something. then it reminded me of my marriage, she was not only onery when then (.) but all the time!  ;D
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...