News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

727, the extension housing bearing too loose???

Started by mhinders, November 12, 2012, 04:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhinders

Greetings all,
I'm taking my 727 bb apart, and I need some information.
- the extension housing bushing is very worn.
- I'm attaching a photo of the rear output shaft bearing, which is in the extension housing just before the bushing.

The bearing is not really tight in the extension housing, I can with my fingers easily drop it in and remove it from the housing.

Is the bearing supposed to be fairly loose in the housing?
Martin
Dodge Charger 1967, 512 cui, E85, MegaSquirt MS3X sequential ignition and injection

JB400

I'll be honest, I've had some that I had to just tear them apart just to get them out.  No idea how they are supposed to be :shruggy:  I assume you want them a little snug so they don't wear out the casing.

John_Kunkel

I've had brand new tailhousings to measure, the housing bore measures 2.837" at room temp, the bearing is 72mm (2.8346")
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

mhinders

Thanks for your replies, I think the bearing and housing is ok (one of the few things that are in this auto...).
Martin
Dodge Charger 1967, 512 cui, E85, MegaSquirt MS3X sequential ignition and injection