News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hurricane Sandy

Started by BananaDan, October 28, 2012, 10:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny Gutierrez

From a fellow Charger owner from the gulf coast , I would just like to offer some words of encouragement to my fellow Americans enduring hurricane Sandy's wrath. It will pass. Turn to each other for support and help. I have lost property and possessions to hurricanes but the one thing that got me through it was my  family, friends, and neighbors. Many people will try to point blame or turn it into a political or religious debate all while forgetting the most important thing, people!!!  Take care of each other and remember that you have the support of the entire nation.  :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger, second owner.  The first owner was my Dad.

cdr

Quote from: Danny Gutierrez on October 30, 2012, 07:19:51 AM
From a fellow Charger owner from the gulf coast , I would just like to offer some words of encouragement to my fellow Americans enduring hurricane Sandy's wrath. It will pass. Turn to each other for support and help. I have lost property and possessions to hurricanes but the one thing that got me through it was my  family, friends, and neighbors. Many people will try to point blame or turn it into a political or religious debate all while forgetting the most important thing, people!!!  Take care of each other and remember that you have the support of the entire nation.  :2thumbs:
:2thumbs:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

kokxville

All of you guys stay safe,and i hope your cars will survive this disaster too. Our thoughts are with you.Just watched the news and it looks very bad. :o

Stay safe  :cheers:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

Old Moparz

Quote from: kokxville on October 30, 2012, 09:54:53 AM
All of you guys stay safe,and i hope your cars will survive this disaster too. Our thoughts are with you.Just watched the news and it looks very bad. :o

Stay safe  :cheers:

Same here.   :cheers:

Now that the storm has calmed & more info is surfacing, it shows even more destruction.   :o
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

mrsskip68

41husk

My brother lives just off the James River and I talked to him this morning, lots of wind and rain but no flooding and he has power :2thumbs:  I hope everyone else fairs as well :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

JB400

Some of the pix I'm seeing aren't good, but maybe those are in smaller areas.  Hopefully, the damage isn't widespread.  Best of luck and wishes.

PtitRaisin

I saw it on TV.

Hope all is fine for everyone who was on the way of Sandy.
Quentin

1969chargerrtse

I had 6 trees in my yard fall.  Otherwise all is o.k.  No power of course but i have a propane generator running at the moment.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TUFCAT

Quote from: mrsskip68 on October 30, 2012, 12:21:04 PM
:icon_smile_big:

Very thoughtful Mrs Skip, not enough was said about our furry friends in harms way.

Mytur Binsdirti

Even the Statue of Liberty was affected.............

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

chargerboy69

Anyone hear from Chris yet?  If I remember he lives on Staten Island and was only jacking up the Charger.   :-\

I am sure he is busy with other things right now other than to check in here.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

BananaDan

Chris has posted on Facebook a bit, he had roof damage - no comments on his car.  I just spoke with Bill and he's ok as am I (and our cars).  What a couple of days it's been.  I'm still out of power, Bill has power, not sure about Chris.  I heard from Brian also, he and his family are ok.  Just saw TWC posted a large amount of pics.  It's sickening...

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-hurricanes/hurricane-sandy-pictures-photos2-20121025

I hope you're all ok.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

ODZKing

All is fine up here in Syracuse.  We got a little rain and wind but otherwise, nothing!
I was wondering if anyone had heard from Frank in Brooklyn (FLG).  He hasn't been on   :shruggy:

Old Moparz

If I remember correctly, Chris on Staten Island works for the MTA so he's going to have his hands full for a while on top of whatever issues he has to deal with for himself. Hope all is well.

My wife & daughter drove down to the Hudson River today here in Newburgh to see how bad it was & got a few pics. There is a restaurant, Billy Joe's Ribworks that has a deck in the back that is right on the river. They've only been open about 2 years now & just added more decking this year that was several feet under water. Usually the deck is 6 to 10 feet above the river. You can also see the water line on the front door several feet up.
               Bob                

Old Moparz

A few more.   :rotz:
               Bob                

A383Wing

my son who lives in Maine works for Comcast Cable company...he heard today that he may have to be deployed to other States to help in repair damage from the storm

Bryan

Todd Wilson

We made it thru the storm here in Kansas without any problems.........Never did lose electricity at the house!

Todd

Mytur Binsdirti

I thought Billy Joe was a piano player. When did he get in the rib business?    :shruggy:

;)

billfury

These pictures were taken on south beach & midland beach Staten Island.Some are one block from my house.

billfury

more

billfury

more

billfury

more

billfury

more