News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is the best muscle car ever?????!!!!!!!!!!

Started by scat pack fever, October 21, 2012, 07:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

I'm going to say the Camero is just more popular.  I'd call it the 32 Ford or the 57 Bel Aire of the musclecar era.

surmanajaja

1971 HemiCuda convert. because you can sell it and retire. :angel:

my favourite car to own and keep is 1970 dodge charger hemi triple black with sunroof, 18x8 black steel wheels. I would not mind owning a 1969 gto judge convert or a 1970 torino scj 429 but charger is the best body style to ever leave a factory.

Robert96

Not trying to start trouble but a 64 Mercury Maurader with the 427 and 4 spd. is pretty damn kewl. Now if you add one with a breezeway rear window you got the perfect car! There are a few copies out there. I owned a 63 with the 390 Super Marauder engine and it was what you would call a real sleeper. Cardinals losing is a good thing.

JB400

I'd prefer the Thunderbolt over the Marauder, although they both are cool.  Cardinals losing is never a good thing. I'm not into baseball, but I prefer them over the Royals.  I'm in Misery,  excuse me, Missouri. :2thumbs:

Tilar

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 22, 2012, 01:23:18 AM
I'm going to say the Camero is just more popular. 

Because they were a dime a dozen and you could rebuild the engine in one for $59 in parts.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

70rr 69ch

The 2nd gen I think is the best styling. But as I see it a muscle car is a full-size 2 door car ,bare bones and big power built after 65. Camero's ,cuda's ,mustangs are pony cars.corvette is sports car 32's are hot rods.the chargers are  little up scale and more loaded up with options.Now the 1970 roadrunner fits all requirements and is the first year for the pistol grip and the charger dash.Just my opinion though. :drool5:

F8-4life

Best muscle car in the chrysler camp has got to be the roadrunner. hands down

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

XS29L

I vote '68 Charger  then a tie for second between '68 Hemi Dart and '68 Hemi Barracuda . 
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

model maker

According to the December 2012 issue of MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE, here is their BEST OF THE BEST.

# 10 -  69  A12 Road runner

9-  68 hemi barracuda

8- 70 Baracuda

7- 1969 Road runner

6-  1970 superbird

5-  1971 hemi Cuda

4-  1968 Charger

3-  1970 Challenger

2- 1968 Hemi Dart

# 1- 1969 DODGE CHARGER     :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :yesnod:

So here you have it Mopar fans !!

MODEL MAKER
MODEL MAKER

TheGhost

Surprised to see the Challenger ahead of the Cuda.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on October 22, 2012, 01:00:50 AM
I would say the 69 camaro is the best muscle car ever....the chargers were cheap cars back in the day and for good reason...they always were DEAD LAST vs the camaro thats why Dodge had to discontinue you them so fast because of the fact of low sales.  You ever wonder why they kept changing the nose in the 68 to 70 it was because no one liked it.....and no one still likes it.

Dodge was playing catch up during that ear always changing things trying to find that winning formula and never finding it until the early 80s with the shelby charger with a turbo then sales skyroceted like no other.

Troll much?
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Mopar Nut

Quote from: model maker on October 22, 2012, 05:12:11 PM
According to the December 2012 issue of MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE, here is their BEST OF THE BEST.

4-  1968 Charger

3-  1970 Challenger

# 1- 1969 DODGE CHARGER     :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :yesnod:

So here you have it Mopar fans !!

MODEL MAKER
I had the top four except the Dart, still own the 69. :woohoo: :boogie:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

dodgey68

when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

GOTWING

69 hemi road runner with zero options, or either of the A12 cars.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on October 22, 2012, 09:32:57 PM
I would say the 69 camaro is the best muscle car ever....the chargers were cheap cars back in the day and for good reason...they always were DEAD LAST vs the camaro thats why Dodge had to discontinue you them so fast because of the fact of low sales.  You ever wonder why they kept changing the nose in the 68 to 70 it was because no one liked it.....and no one still likes it.

Dodge was playing catch up during that ear always changing things trying to find that winning formula and never finding it until the early 80s with the shelby charger with a turbo then sales skyroceted like no other.

Troll much?

dont believe me do ya....look at what dodge/chrysler kept trying to do which was play catch up with a multitude of cars always trying something new to see if they can play catch up and never did....the most valueable car is thes  shelby dodge charger...look on ebay right now

JB400

Ghoste

Troy needs to start selling those sarcasm detectors.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Ghoste on October 23, 2012, 06:33:01 AM
Troy needs to start selling those sarcasm detectors.

im hoping to cash in....did I ever tell you that I hate 440 engines and I hate 2nd gen chargers?

that 426 engine is called an elphant becuase it got nowhere and was such low HP.

scat pack fever

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on October 23, 2012, 06:20:03 AM

Troll much?

dont believe me do ya....look at what dodge/chrysler kept trying to do which was play catch up with a multitude of cars always trying something new to see if they can play catch up and never did....the most valueable car is thes  shelby dodge charger...look on ebay right now

I only see 1 shelby charger and its at only $5,000. Are you referring to the 1982 prototype that was on there? The top bid was $14,000. 2nd gen chargers bring more than that.

1974dodgecharger

there are some imaginary zeros your looking at a half million shelby charger right there buddy thats why no is buying it outrigth they are scared to own a 2.2L, 900hp detroit muscle car, like no other.....
Quote from: scat pack fever on October 23, 2012, 07:20:40 AM

Troll much?

I only see 1 shelby charger and its at only $5,000. Are you referring to the 1982 prototype that was on there? The top bid was $14,000. 2nd gen chargers bring more than that.

1974dodgecharger

there are some imaginary zeros your looking at a half million shelby charger right there buddy thats why no is buying it outrigth they are scared to own a 2.2L, 900hp detroit muscle car, like no other.....

Troll much?

scat pack fever

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on October 23, 2012, 07:51:26 AM

Troll much?

I'm thinking that they were only willing to pay $14,000 and there are no imaginary zeros. IT sure doesn't seem like people are too scared to pay big bucks for these 2nd gen chargers.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Nacho-RT74

Camaros are Pony cars, same as Mustangs, Javelins/AMXs Challies and 'Cudas

when will switch the chip on the brain ?

Charges are Muscles, same as Chevelles, Torinos, Rebels etc...

is about MID body size WITH LARGE body engines.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html