News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone Own XS29L9B303908- Found 440 Today Update 10-23

Started by MoparMotel, October 20, 2012, 03:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparMotel

Found this 440 I'm purchasing to put in my 68 and pull out the #'s matching 383.

Date on block 11-15-68 Vin # on block XS29L9B303908

1968 Dodge Charger

MoparMotel

Also had a question... He said the heads that are on it are some special type of '67 close chamber heads... Number on the heads was #2780915

Are these just a standard 906 head?
1968 Dodge Charger

MoparMotel

Chris, is this vin in the 69 registry? If so I'd like to see this motor reunited with its original car...if not its getting rebuilt with edelbrock Aluminun heads & engle k58 cam and put in my 68  :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger

469 runner

Those heads are a '67 head that were on 440s before the 906s  became available.  They are a closed chamber head.  Better head I believe than the 906.  It's possible these were the original heads if this was an early '68 car as Chrysler often would use up old stock.

Ghoste

All in all, a pretty good score it looks like.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: MoparMotel on October 20, 2012, 04:33:38 PM
Chris, is this vin in the 69 registry? If so I'd like to see this motor reunited with its original car...if not its getting rebuilt with edelbrock Aluminun heads & engle k58 cam and put in my 68  :2thumbs:

As a matter of fact it is!!!  It is a beautiful F8 green 4 speed car that was for sale @ Valenti Classics in 2006....no record of where it went though & do not recall if they listed it as #'s matching or not....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

The 915 heads would not have originally come on this engine....'67 model year 440 heads only....

http://www.valenticlassics.com/valenti/default.asp

If you would like to try & reunite the engine with the car maybe drop them an email to see if they have a record as to where it got sold to....

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn:  wow    maybe call that dealer and see if the will contact the current owner
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

Sure looks like a nice car in those pics huh?  Kind of makes you wonder what it looked like when the engine was yanked from it.

MoparMotel

Well that explains the black and gold California plates- I'm located in Central California- My car has those black and gold plates as well.

I'll give them a call Monday!

I can find another 440- I was actually looking for a '68 Block to paint turquoise and put in my car so it looks somewhat original and pull my #'s matching 383 and put it on an engine stand. If the owner doesn't want his original #'s motor I'll just rebuild it like I planned and paint it turquoise and put it in my car.
1968 Dodge Charger

MoparMotel

Just called Valenti, no answer left them a message.
1968 Dodge Charger

Mr. Lee

Quote from: MoparMotel on October 21, 2012, 11:39:17 AM

I'll give them a call Monday!

Great job trying to reunite this engine with his car  :2thumbs:  Keep us updated .

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

Dino

On that note, if anyone finds my original 318...uhm...keep it!  I'm quite happy with the 440.   :icon_smile_big:

I hope you find the F8 Charger's new owner.  That'd be a fun call to receive!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cdr

the # on the block is a partial vin,how do we know its from a charger & not lets say an R/T CORONET ?  :shruggy:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

MoparMotel

The guy that had it was into chargers and had it for a looong time I assumed it came out of a charger. Plus the date seems correct and the car has original California plates and I'm in central California.

Valenti hasn't called back yet I'll try them on my lunch break
1968 Dodge Charger

bakerhillpins

Quote from: cdr on October 22, 2012, 07:51:44 AM
the # on the block is a partial vin,how do we know its from a charger & not lets say an R/T CORONET ?  :shruggy:

There was a thread on this but I can't find it. I asked the same question and IIRC it all boils down to the sequence # is unique across all the platforms built at a particular plant. The VINs were also dolled out in blocks. Everything from the plant back is stamped on the block so it should connect with only one car.  Other than a guess you don't know what model it came from. Hopefully someone else will chime in and correct or confirm my memory.

I will continue to look for that thread but I struggle enough with what I consider a simple search on this site.  :brickwall:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

rebby

Quote from: bakerhillpins on October 22, 2012, 11:14:42 AM
Quote from: cdr on October 22, 2012, 07:51:44 AM

There was a thread on this but I can't find it. I asked the same question and IIRC it all boils down to the sequence # is unique across all the platforms built at a particular plant. The VINs were also dolled out in blocks. Everything from the plant back is stamped on the block so it should connect with only one car.  Other than a guess you don't know what model it came from. Hopefully someone else will chime in and correct or confirm my memory.

I will continue to look for that thread but I struggle enough with what I consider a simple search on this site.  :brickwall:

When I was researching my "re-body" I came across the exact same information. Can't remember where though...
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

Johnnys440Charger

Thats fantastic if that engine can be reunited with the car.
I'm still looking for my engine for my 69 Charger XS29L9B103xx8, I believe its in Greater Toronto Area somewhere.   :shruggy:

MoparMotel

UPDATE: spoke with Dan Valenti this morning and he is sure the gentleman that bought the car will want the #s engine and will get in touch with him. He said he remembered the car and said he even remembers selling it November 20, 2006 to a guy in Chicago. He will let me know after he talked to him. He was a very nice guy and said he would do all he could to track the guy down  :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger

Ghoste

resq302

Great.  just hope that the salesman does not want a cut of reuniting the engine with the original car now.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bakerhillpins

Great news indeed!

Quote from: resq302 on October 23, 2012, 12:31:14 PM
Great.  just hope that the salesman does not want a cut of reuniting the engine with the original car now.

Isn't it sad, that occurred to me as well.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.