News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone Know This Charger - Is the Seller on Here?

Started by 68X426, October 18, 2012, 05:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

3 hours left and 20 bidders. looks like mabey a last 10 minute fist fight to be the one on top. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TUFCAT

With the current bid around 29K ....I'll take two of them please!! :yesnod:  I hate to quote the deceptive, big shot, fat, ugly arrogant TOOL that is "Craig Jackson of Barret-Jackson".... but hey, "that's way, way under the value folks"!  :icon_smile_angry:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: TUFCAT on October 24, 2012, 03:32:36 PM
With the current bid around 29K ....I'll take two of them please!! :yesnod:  I hate to quote the deceptive, big shot, fat, ugly arrogant TOOL that is "Craig Jackson of Barret-Jackson".... but hey, "that's way, way under the value folks"!   :icon_smile_angry:

You're just jealous cuz he owns more Mopes than you.  :P                        ;)

Almost makes me want to own a 70.  :D
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 23, 2012, 06:23:54 AM
The difference?  Average joe thinks he knows what it's worth.  Dealer knows what it's worth.  Dealer also knows how to sell it as well.  Average joe just washes it and puts a sign on it.  Much more to it than you think.  There is an art to finageling.

The key to the sitsuation when i sold my Charger was that I was one guy with one car. People from all over the world call these dealers looking for cars. He probably had it sold before he bought it from me. He gave me 54k for the car and I was tickled with that. It was 4k more than i hoped for. He sold it for 79,900 and I think thats great. I was not one bit upset by that. I was happy with the deal we made no matter what happened on his end.

Joe Carrol was a great guy to deal with.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

JB400

Quote from: Tilar on October 24, 2012, 04:23:54 PM
Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on October 24, 2012, 11:27:52 AM
What is the world coming to bidding haulted at 28K ?????

It's Bush's fault?  :shruggy:
I need a bailout, then I can buy it.  Where's that application to Solyndra?

Dino

I'll be glad when this damn election is over, you guys live and breath politics.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

TUFCAT

I agree with Bakerhillpins on this one...!  :yesnod: Yes. I'm jealous because Craig Jackson owns way more mopars than me :drool5: ...and he's rich and famous! :coolgleamA:  Damn, maybe he's NOT A TOOL afterall??  :scratchchin:

Well.....let's vote. [insert] "numbers crunching" sound effects here ....

okay the votes just came in. Incumbent Craig Jackson instantly wins by a large margin of voters and remains the "World's Biggest Auction Tool"!  :nana:

NO politics intended. He's just a tool. Tools have no political persuasion, and no "TOOLS" voted in this election. :icon_smile_wink:

JB400

Quote from: Dino on October 24, 2012, 05:11:51 PM
I'll be glad when this damn election is over, you guys live and breath politics.
Do you need a beer summit? :cheers: :cheers:

Dino

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 24, 2012, 05:18:58 PM

Well...it's a start!  I'll have one tonight when the Tigers beat the Giants.

TUFCAT

Quote from: Dino on October 24, 2012, 05:22:58 PM

Amen to my Detroit Tigers brethren!

Dino

Quote from: TUFCAT on October 24, 2012, 05:24:36 PM
Quote from: Dino on October 24, 2012, 05:22:58 PM

Amen to my Detroit Tigers brethren!

:cheers:

We better win this one, it's been too long.

68X426

Final bid was $28,299. Reserve was not met.

Go Tigers!

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

1970Moparmann

Well, really surprised it didn't go higher, but then again I just through it on.  There are about 10 people that left a message "how much to get it" and such...... Of these, there are a few I think are real interested in it - one being a member here. :2thumbs:

There were close to 200 people keeping track - pretty damn high. 

I found out real quick what a PITA it is to sell a car.   Even though I was perfectly clear no trades unless an Aero car, I was offered a few Chevy's and a 442.   :brickwall:

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Mopar Nut

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on October 24, 2012, 09:50:53 PM
Well, really surprised it didn't go higher, but then again I just through it on.  There are about 10 people that left a message "how much to get it" and such...... Of these, there are a few I think are real interested in it - one being a member here. :2thumbs:

There were close to 200 people keeping track - pretty damn high. 

I found out real quick what a PITA it is to sell a car.   Even though I was perfectly clear no trades unless an Aero car, I was offered a few Chevy's and a 442.   :brickwall:

Wait until March, it will sell for more.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Tilar

:iagree:  Mid February is when people are starting to get their income tax back. It is the best time to try to sell a car IMO.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Tilar on October 25, 2012, 04:19:42 AM
:iagree:  Mid February is when people are starting to get their income tax back. It is the best time to try to sell a car IMO.

depends on your point of view I guess....for a seller some folks find out they owe taxes, overspent holidays, among other things and need the money and as a buyer we get good deals during this time.

68X426

Quote from: Tilar on October 25, 2012, 04:19:42 AM

A tax refund of $50,000 in order to buy Mike's sweet ride? What a refund!

Just having fun. :nana: I know what you meant. :cheers:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on October 24, 2012, 01:02:56 PM
Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on October 24, 2012, 12:55:29 PM
50k plus imo for this car...btw I wish I had the $ I'd buy it :yesnod:

sell yours and get his  :icon_smile_big:

No way ...it would be it's stable mate  :lol:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

thedodgeboys

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on October 23, 2012, 07:51:14 AM
This is my problem right now.  I have no idea what the realistic value of the car is.  Being what it is, I think it would fetch more then what it is at now. 

I've talked to probably 10 people so far who had questions, and there are about 5 more that I left my number to call since they asked.

We'll see what happens.  :shruggy:

Man  :brickwall: :brickwall:  I guess I can't low ball you a decent price  :nana:

I'm just starting to look for a charger but I'm not ready for this nice of one yet  :drool5:

mopar_man

From what I can see , this is one beautiful car and the owner can be proud. But reality is what it is. Five years ago , this car would be a $60K car now it can't pull $30K. Its a sign of the times and its going to get worse and a lot worse . Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but the world economy is getting worse according to all reports.
I've been a Mopar maniac the last 40 years and I see the trend and where its going and the prices are not nor ever will they get back to where they were several years ago . Guess I'm a pessimist but more of a realist .
My advice to the owner is to keep the car and enjoy the hell out of it or if he needs to sell (I doubt that) , sell it for what he can get for it . I  believe E-bag , with so many viewers, is the place to get realistic price ranges considering the state of the world economies .
Best of luck on his quest to get the most out of it .  :cheers: